Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stranger


You were...
You were warmth spreading inside me in a cold winter day
You were gentle breeze caressing me in a hot summer day
You were...
You were that silly song that made me smile
You were the lyrics that touched the fibers of my heart
You were...
You were all that I wanted but didn´t know
You were what I´d never dare to take by force
You were...
You were a mirror that was kind without distorting my figure
You were a sweet hidden secret that never got to be a sin
You were...
You were the one thing that I thanked God for in my prayers
You were the one thing that I made a pledge to leave behind whenever another Hail Mary was said
You were...
You were so transparent
You were so thick
You were so weak
You were so strong
You were so blind
You were...
You were the cure and the dagger
You were what made me rise and what made me fall
You were...
You were what still a second ago brought a sweet memory to my mind
You were what the next second shattered it all
You were...
You are no more
You are still around but are no longer part of my present
You are a stranger now
You were...
.

1 comment:

  1. "You were..." It sounds so melancholy but at the same time it's kind of strong too.
    Lots of good memories and bad memories but it's good that none are worth forgetting despite it being over

    ReplyDelete