Thursday, June 12, 2014

Through my eyes: The Others

A/N: A tiny little one. It´s ofc unedited however... some things that Josh said changed today just like ten-fifteen mins ago which is whoa! but I think I like it better this way.
Sorry Josh for ignoring you for so long

Saku, two things you said are happening here, one in your last TME comment -I was laughing so hard at it bc u were so right- and one that you said when I showed you some image lol (I wonder if you´ll remember about that one) 

Well....I have to say this story is being some kind of challenge for me, I´m really not used to not fantasy-ish stuff but I really want to see what happens and if I can make something at least decent. 

oh! some italian: 
-Buona notte: good night
-Ragazza: woman
****


It was Wednesday night. Marissa had invited me to another movie night; it was the week after Alexander´s anniversary. She and I arrived to the place first just like the first time and like that time the back of the place had papers and cardboards, plastic bags with scraps of color papers scattered everywhere and the ottoman and the sides of the table where the T.V was had small piles of books that seemed to be different from the ones from last time, at least the ones on top. I thought the coffee table had new doodles and letters but I couldn’t be sure of that.
“Do you want anything?” Marissa asked going to the back of the room where they had a mini fridge
“Water’s fine” I replied, she took three bottles out; she let me know that we´d be joined by her roommate which didn’t surprise me at all; a part of me felt that it´d be strange but then I was curious to know what´d happen…curiosity killed the cat, huh? A while later Nichole came in, she didn’t seem surprised to see me, I guessed Marissa had told her about me being there.

“People” Nichole greeted with a little nod
“Nichole” I replied with a nod of my own
“Ragazza” Marissa used her Italian; Nic showed the ghost of a smile at this. Once again she´d brought food, Mexican food. When I tried to pay for my share, because she´d brought for me as well, Marissa said Nic owed it because she´d gone away last time cancelling movie night. I told her I had cancelled too.
“You had a good reason –Marissa kissed my cheek- Nini didn´t. She didn’t explain, she gets a penalty for that” Mari narrowed her eyes at Nichole.
“Not complaining” Nichole left the food on the coffee table and went to her room. She hadn’t told Marissa the reason why she didn’t stay to movie night the week before. It made sense, Nichole never explained anything.

“What are we watching?” I asked Marissa
“The Others; have you seen it?”
“No, I don’t think so”
“Good –she smiled as Nichole opened the mini fridge even though she´d brought three cans of coke with the food- I got your water here” Marissa said to Nichole
“Thanks” Nic came back wearing pajama pants and a sweater. The movie started. We ate as we watched it.

At some point I started to wonder about the movie plot and then I wondered out loud “So, why does the mom think the kids will die if they see the sunlight?”
“Shhhh… You´ll see” was Mari´s reply. Both her and Nic had seen this movie once before, apparently it was another of Marissa´s favorite.
“Are the maid and the butler the bad guys? Are they… dead?” I tilted my head as I asked after a while. I don’t like mysteries especially when I´m the only one that doesn’t know. I thought I saw the corner of Nic´s mouth twitch up at my questions but I couldn’t be sure
“Wait, you´ll see, it won’t be fun if I tell you” Mari silenced me again
“What´s wrong with the father?” I asked later at another scene of the movie
“Josh, wait until you see it- Marissa shook her head- no more talking” she put her finger on my mouth. I stayed quiet, still wondering

“So, wait, are the kids dead?” I couldn’t help but say at some point later in the movie; I was starting to get frustrated at this
“Wait, you´ll see in the end” Marissa shook my hand
“Tell me” I insisted
“It´ll ruin the movie” she replied
“No, it won´t”
“You won’t be surprised”
“I want to know” I insisted

“Yes, they are” Nichole spoke for the first time, it was her casual voice but I could hear a hint of humor in it.
“Nini! –Marissa scowled- you ruined the fun!”
“You´re welcome, carina” Nichole bowed her head a little with a smirk. Marissa pouted
“What happened to them?” I asked
“Nini, don’t tell him!” Marissa warned
“What if I do?” Nic smirked again
“I won’t talk to you anymore” Mari pouted; Nic smiled mischievously
“Sounds good to me –she said smugly; then to me- the mom killed them”
“Really? Why?” I asked eagerly
“Nini!” Marissa scolded swatting Nichole on her shoulder
“You´re not supposed to talk to me –she reminded Marissa who huffed and back to me- I don’t know exactly why she killed them I don’t get that part” she told me, I furrowed my eyebrows
“So they’re ghosts?”
“Yup” she replied her head turned my way
“So the woman that the girl saw wasn’t a ghost?”
“She´s like the medium the owners of the house hired to contact the ghosts” she replied, this time not looking away from the T.V
“Nini –Mari complained- you´ve spoiled the whole movie!”
“Sorry, carina, but not everybody wants to wait ´till the end”
“But Nini… Now it won’t be exciting” she said the last part to me. Nic knew that I, as always, had many questions when watching movies. Knowing the ending didn’t spoil it for me, I rather know the ending first anyway but Marissa didn’t know. We had different ways of watching movies. Maybe next time I should bring a movie I’ve seen and she hasn’t I thought.
“It´ll still be fun for me –I assured Mari as I hugged her a little closer to me- I just like to know. Sorry for not following the no talking during the movie policy” I smiled and kissed the side of her head, she sighed
“Why do I like people that don’t know how to watch a movie?” Mari faked indignation as she rolled her eyes
“It´s just different… but sorry” I chuckled
“I´ll forgive you if you stay tonight” Mari said lowering her voice, almost a whisper. I doubted it made any difference, I was sure her roommate had heard it
“Are you sure?” I whispered back
“Always” Mari kissed me and once the movie ended Mari stood up, took out the movie. I helped her clean the table of the food containers and then she took my hand and led me to her room. It was strange to know the other person might be able to hear us
“Buona notte, Nini” Mari said; Nic had moved from the chair to the tall stool in front of the drawing table
“Buona notte, carina” she was drawing something and didn’t look up from it. Mari pulled me in her room
“Night Nichole” I said, Mari closed the door before I heard if she´d replied or not

“Why does she call you carina?” I asked Marissa as I took my shoes off.

“Italian for pretty, a pet name or something” Mari shook her head a little and motioned her hand in a dismissive gesture like she didn’t like it but when Nic said it, it seemed she did like it, maybe she didn’t like that I asked about it but then I didn’t have time or desire to think about it because she was kissing me with her sultry mouth, my hands on her. I vaguely wondered if Nic would mind, Mari wasn’t loud but she wasn’t exactly quiet either but then again I didn’t have time or desire to think about that

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of mad at him for going in there with her like that. It's a person thing not against them but I just think that's improper and kinda vulgar to do things like that with people aware and present.
    But I know it's a thing many people do so to each his/her own but *shutters* so weird.

    Haha that movie was weird and did make you impatient watching it. Lol I didn't see the ending coming. "I am your daughter" that part used to crack us up. So British! Lolol

    (Time to get all philosophical haha) I felt like Nic was nicer to him here and I think it was because his rain freak out caused her to maybe remember the good things about him that she was okay with when they were friends. I don't know... Or maybe it was just she wanted to go easier on him now that she kind of heard his pov on things...? Hmm...

    But -- despite the fact that I can't stand those two at least he's getting something out that courtship *wink* hahahahaha my poor eyes!! Ha okay okay I'm done.

    Oh Josh asking a million questions including the same one over and over was too cute and of course reminiscent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah what was the thing that gets answered for me?! Lol I might have missed it or something

    ReplyDelete