Saturday, July 13, 2013

sleep

when the light´s off
and nothing but whispers surround me
I´ll close my eyes
and the horrors of my unspoken words will chase me
I don´t want to close my eyes
but I want my mind to go to drift to nothingness
sleep´s a blessing I´m dreprived of
darkness so calm, so private
just a different kind of light
fear comes from inside where the reason of harm is
inside and all alone...captive in a tiny cell
what do you do with the impulse to run
when you can´t run away from yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the horrors of unspoken words chase me part. It's kind of what I was implying(saying) to you about unreleased frustrations you have taking a toll.
    This poem is like the epitome of a sleepless night or a hard time sleeping! It makes me understand what's going on even if I didn't actually know what was up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for always reading and commenting. I really appreciate it. And, I agree, that line is that, the thing you were saying.

      Delete