Sunday, October 26, 2014

sweet child.

Tomorrow you start a new phase in your life.
It feels like a little goodbye.
Your little hands couldn't be trusted upon me. That is sad.
But I know you'll be better that way.
You'll learn all sorts of things.
Maybe tomorrow you can tell me about them with your candid words;
I'll be so proud of you
Even if you are not mine
'Cause I love you so much
Tomorrow, at this time, you'll enter a new world
But you already had a glimpse of it
And you took it in stride
All confidence and curiosity,
You remind me so much of another sweet child I love.
Tomorrow, at this time, I'll be worried about you
And I'll be wondering if you feel lonely,
If you are crying, if you're scared
If you are hungry for a familiar face
I'll be wanting so bad to go to you and rescue you from my imaginary worries
Tomorrow, at the end of the day
I'll want to know all about your conquest and your success
And all about your tears and your fears
I'll long to hug you and tell you I'm so proud of you
That you're a brave, sweet child
That no matter how many others have done it already,this time is unique and especial,
Because it is you
So many quests await you,
So many journeys to take,
So many paths that'll lead you away and closer
So many wonders to discover
I wish I could be there to see you fly, to pick you up if you ever fall
From where I stay I'm worrying at the same time that I cheer for you,
I'm scared because the world is a scary place at the same time I know you'll be just fine because you're strong
Have an amazing day tomorrow, sweet child.

Oct 26 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment