Thursday, August 19, 2010

just talking...

"but we were happy" she said almost like she was doing a question
"you were happy" I said "in the same amount u were happy I was unhappy" some tears came to my eyes. I hate them so much. "why am I saying this now?" I asked myself "why now when  I know she is not feeling well, why now that she´s having a small doubt on her choice" still I couldnt stop myself at the right moment.
"I´m sorry it was like that" she said. Sadness in her voice. Sadness took over the scene. I couldnt make myself to look at her. I knew I was going to cry for real if I did so. I also knew that I had hurt her. That had been something I should have never said.
"I´m sorry that I said that...I-I wasnt thinking on my words, I´m sorry" I did have thought on my words, it was true what I had told her, but I hadnt thought of hurting her, hurting her was the worst. I had made my choice back then: her happiness over mine.
She said nothing. I know she is hurt but she doesnt blame me. I wish I can take my words back, even if that was the truth. I´m really sorry for having said that...

2 comments:

  1. This is the rare but this one completely stumped me. I don't know what's happening here?
    I can try to deduce that this is a friend having a hard time in a relationship and the other friend has a secret love for them and is contemplating taking advantage of the friend's sadness to get his/her chance... but I don't think that's what's up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your interepretation for this bit of reality which is why I won´t tell when it happened or what it is. I´d like it to have the meaning that the readers want it to have. It does involve love, though.

      Delete