Wednesday, February 9, 2011

darkness and light

***Two versions of this poem...more like some sort of riddle...the words just came to me this morning while I was almost dying from pain...so probably it doesnt make much sense unless you are meant to see the soul of it.

Lo que está más escondido, está a plena luz.
En medio de la oscuridad te dejo una luz
y en mi silencio, muchas palabras.
Mira atentamente porque lo que parece no existir está frente a ti.
Mi perdida alma floreciendo en lo intangible
y ahora lo que no verías, verás.
Disipa la niebla y el temor
y mira mi imagen en este espejo, perenne allí a pesar de haberme marchitado ya.
Ve, mira el cielo y encuentra a la luna en esta oscuridad
puede que sus trazos te den consuelo,
busca a la luna, esa que de antiguo ha visto la noche serena,
esa que desde nuestros antepasados vio la desgracia y el llanto del cielo.
Lo que no veías has visto,
que no te consuman las visiones
lo que es tan grande no perece
y lo que ahora sabes permanece contigo.


The deepest secret is the one that is hidden in plain sight.
In the middle of this darkness I leave you a light.
In my silences, many words.
Look carefully because what seems to be non-existent is right there in front of your eyes.
My lost soul blooming in a intangible dimension
and now what you didnt see, you`ll see.
Blow away the fog and fear
and look at my image in this mirror, everlasting there, even if I`m withered now.
Go, look up to the sky and find the moon in the middle of this darkness
maybe her scribbles will give you some confort.
Find the moon, the one that, since ancient times, has seen the serene night,
the one that since our ancestors saw  disgrace and heaven`s cry.
What you didnt see, now you see
dont let the visions to torment you...
because something this big can`t die
and what you now know, will forever stay with you.

1 comment:

  1. I like this too!!!! it's like telling people to get to know you bceause you're hiding a deeper side of yourself. But you aren't really hiding it because you wear your heart on your sleeve and if people wanted to see it they'd see it. You want them to see, to reach out... I don't really know what I'm saying. I'm having tons of different thoughts and I think they are overlapping! lol

    ReplyDelete