Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pride and Prejudice

ah! This one is one of my favorite books and Jane Austen is definetely my favorite author -with Anne Rice- though my favorite book was not written by Anne Rice or Jane Austen I still consider them both to be my two top favorite authors. Anne Rice for the darkness, seductive, dangerous scenery and characters and Jane Austen for the pure, decent, day-dream-like romance of young girls and loving gentlemen. I think both of them, Rice and Austen, write fantasy, Rice because such creatures as vampires who are beautiful and powerful beyond what´s natural dont exist and Austen because such romance and tender, sweet innocent love doesnt exist like that.

This time I want to talk particularly of Pride and Prejudice. I love it and that says it all. Even though it is a very romantic type of story I like it because the main female character is not the submissive kind at all. She rejects the guy because it goes against her principles to be with a man only for security and a good life -which at that time if you were a woman you could only get by marrying- in spite of that she said no to him because she thought he was too proud.
A love story... he loves her and.... I wont tell the whole story but it´s an amazing love story where they hate eachother at the beginning but mr. Darcy  is actually falling for Elizabeth who in the end gets to know mr. Darcy and falls for him as well but thinks he doesnt have feelings for her after she rejected him.
I love both the book and the movie, in that order, and in the movie I love two scenes, one, when he helps her to get to the carriage and two where he confesses his love for the second time and he´s stuttering "..and I love, I love, I love you..." he says and with such eyes that you just melt -laughs- Im not usually like this but ... I guess I, in a way, want the fairy tale too but Im rational enough to know that such things are not for real and when it feels like that is only because your brain is flooded with some chemicals... but anyways the book and movie are amazing and in the movie the soundtracks are awesome:

No comments:

Post a Comment