Friday, June 14, 2013

Melody (DL FF)

A/N: Maybe I went a little overboard with the sweetness in thisone but w/e hahaha Once again more than a FF this is like some kind of side-story. Two things inspired me for this one: The post "Moon Light" and the picture I´ll be using for this post. The pix set that initial spark but that post that I had done gave a lot to this story. If this had a time it´d be happening shortly after the last side story. 
***


Josh entered the bedroom of his girlfriend´s apartment early in the morning. The sun wasn´t even visible, only its light gave prove that a new day was starting. The bedroom was barely lit, the thick curtains stopping the light from disturbing the young woman peacefully sleeping in the middle of her bed.

He leaned in to kiss her temple, and then kissed her cheek. “Wake up, little monster” he gently whispered, she tightly squeezed her eyes “There´s somewhere we need to go” he continued
“You either come and be my pillow and blanket or go away and come back when the sun´s high in the sky” she covered herself complete with her white comforter. He chuckled.
“Did I wake you up?” he asked innocently
“Shut up, I heard you, you know it”
“So loving, my angel” he teased
“You´re standing there bugging me when I blatantly offered you a stay in my bed” she grumbled. He pulled the comforter off her head, her eyes were closed but the shadow of a smirk was pulling at her lips.

He got rid of his jacket and shoes and got under the covers. She immediately nuzzled herself against him, tangling her legs with his. She got particularly annoyed when he woke her up early in the morning but she was also particularly open for contact, she seemed to like to cuddle, she took the initiative unlike when she was completely awake, that and the lack of gloves made Josh like to come early to wake her up. He fell asleep with her scent filling his lungs and her warmth wrapping his body.

~~

Warm and soft lips woke Josh up, once, twice and three times he felt the ghost of kisses, he smiled going for a fourth one but a hand on his chest stopped him.
“I´m hot” she said when he opened his eyes and looked at her
“I know” his green eyes seemed to shine. She laughed
“Ok, not as much as you” she poked her tongue out and disentangled herself of him. He tried to pull her back again but she was as fast as she´d always been.

“No, no, no boy. I remember my love said we had somewhere to be” she said already on her feet, he opened his eyes wide
“Say that again” he breathed getting up, moving to the edge of the bed, closer to her
“No, no, you said…” she furrowed her eyebrows
“No, that´s not what you said” he held her by her arms, they locked gazes “ah” she said, the side of her mouth tugging up “my love said…”
“Again” he breathed closer to her, his melted emeralds made butterflies hatch in her chest. She watched his lips and inched closer then kissed his cheek and moved her mouth over his ear
“Love” she whispered softly. He embraced her tightly by her waist, she hugged him too.

“Happy one year anniversary!” he smiled brightly when they parted
“Oh, is it? Really? Are we keeping count?” she teased
“We are my lovely monster” he knew now how her teasing worked. She smiled
“Does that mean I´ll get breakfast in bed?” she said, he raised both eyebrows
“If you want” he sounded unsure
“Got a pretty kitchen that can´t be dirty –she poked her tongue –I really can´t have you there” she pursed her lips
“I´m an ok cook” he narrowed his eyes
“Then off to cook you go while I take a shower”

~~

“Where are we going?” she asked from her bedroom
“That´s a surprise!” he replied from the kitchen
“What do I wear?” she came to the kitchen with her damped hair and a towel wrapping her body
“I like that one” he grinned, she rolled her eyes
“Well, ok, let´s go then” she started to walk towards the door, when she was opening it he caught up to her, grabbed her by her waist and spun her around closing the door with his foot
“Where are you going?” he kissed her neck, she laughed
“You said you liked this”
“I won´t like it if you wear it outside”
“I can always take it off” she said in a sing song voice
“Little monster –he sighed- just go wear something you´d wear any other day and take some extra clothes” he let go, she walked away with a satisfied little grin

“Stop staring at me” she half-turned her face towards him, she heard him laugh, he had been caught

“Ready?” he asked once they finished eating breakfast.
“Yeah, oh, wait, one more thing that I forget” she marched towards her room.

“Josh” she called him. When he entered her room he didn´t see her
“Nic?” when he called her name the curtains were opened, the morning light bathed Nichole, he furrowed her eyebrows and started to walk to her but was stopped by her finger pointing something; he followed the direction.

On her bed there was a dark brown leather guitar case, he went to it and opened it, inside there was a black acoustic guitar, on top of it there was a silver guitar pick; he took it to read the words engraved in it.

The music of my days,

The melody for my steps,

The moon light in my woods.

“Nichole” he turned to see her, she was right behind him; he turned to facer her. “Thank you, angel” he kissed her
“I never gave back this one” she pulled the one she was wearing, the one he´d given her for her 17th birthday
“I wanna make it like yours” she took it from his hand and put it on a string. She gave it back, he noticed on the other side there was the design of their initials joined together. He smiled up to her.
“Wanna see my surprise” she dragged him out her room

~~~

“This place looks familiar” Nichole commented looking out the window of Josh´s SUV
“You came here for the first time in that New Year…”
“…When we were seventeen” she finished his sentence. She smiled “You´re taking me to camp in your huge country house?”
“We can sleep on the floor all you want” he glanced her way, she was smiling.

The drive had been long, they hadn´t talked much in the car but they had sung along with the music, their hands clasped together. Joshua let her to the familiar wooden house carrying her bags as he´d done the first time she´d come.

“Hungry?” he asked once she came down, she´d changed her jeans to shorts and her boots to sneakers.
“It feels that all I do with you is eating” she shook her head and took his hand. They had stopped to buy lunch on their way. They went out the house. From the car he took his new guitar and his old one, along with their lunch.
Hand in hand they walked in the woods, the same path they had taken the first time she had come. At some point he walked to a side of that path, she followed. She heard the stream in the distance; they were slowly walking in parallel to it. They stopped after a while; she sat with her back to a tree. He sat in front of her.

“What do you think of here?”
“It is as beautiful as I remember” she said, he smiled and handed her sandwich and cold tea. They ate in silence, sharing glances and smiles. After lunch Josh started to tune his new guitar for a while.
“I know this is boring…” he said when he noticed she was watching him
“It is not” she found it interesting to see him so focused, his fingers touching the strings and his expert ear approving or not to the sound it produced. After a while, once he was satisfied with the sound he moved back a couple of feet

“Where are you going?” the girl asked, he was glad she wanted to have him close
“Need to focus on the chords… I finished writing this one last night” he grinned, she smiled her half smile.

His notes and lyrics were so familiar, his sounds particular, one of a kind, like him, calmed and balanced, honest lyrics that boiled with the intensity of his feelings turned into songs. In the pace of it she recognized herself.

She adored being his muse, this gift, a song, was not new, he´d made other songs, either with lyrics or without them, with one instrument or another, it was always new for her, new words put together, the same strings being played just for her in the solitude of the woods with the birds as chorus. There was nothing more special, that´s what he made her feel and not unique like an outcast, no, he sung of her being unique like a precious stone or a favorite place, a song, a song for her only. She felt herself grinning. She knew she was happy, the happiest she´d been in her life.

“That was beautiful” her voice filled with emotion, his green eyes gentle, he gave her a little bow
“I´m glad you think so and that I didn´t screw it” he said making her chuckle
“Play some more” she requested
“As you wish, my little monster”
He sang a couple more of his songs for her. She had closed her eyes drowning in happiness. She had never thought she could live it. He sang other song, of his favorite ones; she sang along, he smiled up to her.
“Play with me” he said not stopping the music
“Josh…”
“Please” he asked. She sighed and took out the other guitar, his old one. He´d taught her how to play it but she hardly ever play it, she loved listening to him, she loved seeing his expert fingers and focused eyes that once in a while glanced up to her with a smile but he liked her playing with him and only that had persuaded her to learn and in rare occasions like this one, she complied to his request.

He smiled a bright smile when she started to play. They went from a song to the other until slowly the songs stopped. The girl extended her hand to him and he came closer taking her hand. He sat against the tree and made her sit between his legs, her back leaning on his chest, his arms hugging her waist.
“You make me very happy” she mumbled against his cheek
“I am the happiest with you” he kissed her lips. They stayed quiet, hugged for a long while.

“We could go to the river, you know” he said after a while
“I am still not doing skinny dipping” she pursed her lips suppressing a laugh, he laughed
“A guy´s gotta try” he kissed her neck
“Not happening, jerk”
“My little monster loves me so much” he nuzzled his nose in her neck. They stayed hugged, her signature half-smile gone, this was a full grin.
“More than what I could say” she thought.



1 comment:

  1. That picture was a good one! It's very like them even without the guitars! I like that a lot.

    This is so romantic and sugary but in such a great way LOL. It was like light years away from the main story. Like more than a year! But I love the comfort here. It's really calming and soothing to see Nic get to have the things she's always deserved!
    The engraved words on the guitar were absolutely beautiful! I loved that! It was perfectly perfect and mad me wish I could touch those words.
    Them playing together is just EEEEEK! My Josh playing guitar is probably my favorite thing about him after his naivete! Sigh so hot and them singing is just too heartwarming.
    I like happy Nic she's so huggable and darling! I'm all flushed from that!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete