Tuesday, August 13, 2013

From My Senses


"Thank you for being you"

Your words were hot knife going through butter. I liked those words. I didn’t like your shoes. I loved the color of the sky layered over your pearl-like skin. You sat somewhat apart and then looked for excuses to squeeze yourself in the little space left at my right. You apologized for your smell; you had walked to school under the sun. I just shook my head “no”, yours is the best one I´ve ever smelled.

It was hot yet I was shivering by being next to you. I didn’t feel close enough even if we were only a couple centimeters away. I talked and talked to the rest of ears. I turned to see you and my mind went blank. I could only see your rosy, blushed cheeks. I wonder if blood rushed to mine as I watched you.

Why the sound of our voice becomes a whisper when talking to the other? Being next to me had some effect in you? You were so unfocused. Where were you? I asked. What were you looking at? I teased you this time.

Ah, love, I´ve missed you. I wonder if I will ever stop loving you. Being with you is wishing time to stop. Being with you is coming out of my body and levitating towards you. Being next to you is forgetting how to think. Being with you is wishing to see with my skin and touch with my ears.

So little, we say so little and I feel so much. I only stole glances of you right next to me, but I saw everything on you. I saw that you changed your glasses. I saw you had a green rubber band on your hair. I saw you changed your converse shoes for other type of sneakers. I saw that your hair is longer and I saw that your hands are as lovely as they´ve always been. Your nails are shorter than they use to be. I heard each one of your words. I heard you being a little embarrassed. I noticed you changed your perfume. I felt you are as warm as ever. I noticed you were unfocused, almost babbling, almost mumbling, and almost stuttering.

You said goodbye more than once but didn´t move to go. I was very aware of our shapes after saying and hugging goodbye for the third time. We were hugging so tightly, like a magnet. Electricity and who knows what other nature powers working their magic. You didn´t leave until I turned my back to say hi to someone else. You were gone when I turned back. I missed you since the first goodbye. We´ve missed each other, I concluded.

Later, I spent time re-living the afternoon. I noticed I had ignored some people. I saw something in her eyes. I saw her looking at us. Does she feel deep inside something for you? For a fraction of a second I could see something in her eyes. It felt tense for a second. I know you see her. You´ve talked a lot about her, but does she see you?

She was included in your trip. You told me about it. I saw the pictures. You said you wanted me in your trip but knew you were going to be glued to me. You said you preferred to keep that idea on your mind. It´s like you can´t avert your attention from me if I´m around, that´s what your words told me. I would´ve loved to have you glued to me.


I don´t know if I´m happy. I am happy but somewhere inside it hurts that so many emotions are going through me, yet they are nothing, they’ll never fully reach you. Thank you for thanking me for being me. You always manage to be the one with the nicer compliments in such economy of words.

****
-Original tittle: Visit
-Written on May 4th 2012
-Another one found under the "Seven Days" label. I wish I could´ve done it better... A more diluted version of what it is hahaha 

1 comment:

  1. it seems like, and this is just my viewer standpoint, 3 POVs here! That's pretty intense! But then so are the feelings expressed in the beginning to the middle. It kind of feels/seems like missed opportunity due to fear or something else...? It also has that sort of "in my mind" feeling to that happens when you over analyze things and make them complicated before finding out it was so painfully simple.
    very lovely dovey though and in a pretty massive way. I don't really know what I can say that won't sound like mocking even though it won't be.... haha >_<

    ReplyDelete