Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Wolf and the Moon



There was a time when the moon could walk on earth in the shape of a beautiful woman. But she could only be among human with a condition: as a woman, no man shall touch her . If that were to happen, both -the moon and the men- will die. She kept the condition as a bow, as a promise.

Once, the moon was walking around when she heard the most beatifull song her ear had ever heard. The song came from a singing at the sky, aimless. He was singing like she was not there. The moon knew she could not get closer. Every day the moon came and heard the same song and see the same man. Once, dragged deep into the man´s song, the moon got spotted by him. She ran away.

Aware of his new friend, the man sang louder just to be heard. Every day, both the man and the moon enjoyed each other without even looking their faces, without even talking.  The man singing and the moon’s presence was all they could have.

On a  rainy day, as always, the moon waited for the man, hidden in the same spot, but he never came. The moon worried. She realized his mortal heart was not like hers. She had fallen in love. The next day,  she waited, but the man never came.

The moon had nothing of her beloved man but the the memory of his song. She made up her mind and decided to travel looking for the one that owned her heart. She traveled singing the  song at the plaza of every town she went in, hoping the man would hear it. Every time: singing, hoping, praying to be heard by the man she loved. Her faith was running out, her hope was perishing. The man would not appear anymore, she had to give up.

In her way back, the moon decided to visit the place where she found love. “I was waiting for you " said the man sat on the same place they met "this time I want to hear you" continued the man. Like there was no tomorrow, the moon sang. Singing just for him. Then they talked like old friends until the sunrise ... There was something wrong, love blinded the moon and for that at sunrise the moon and the men would die. 

What could be done? That was a forbidden love. The moon refused to leave the man. Filled with anger, she escaped with the man. The sun was given the order to track them down. They avoided the sun as far as they could, but one day the sun caught the moon. At that very same moment, the moon and the man made a promise: the man should sing every night to his beloved moon and the moon will dance at his song. The moon sacrificed her immortal body to turn the man into a Wolf. Her soul escaped to the sky.

Until this day, the sun keeps chasing the moon and every night the man sings at his beloved moon while she dances changing her shape. The sun will never catch the moon. The love of the moon and the man will never perish.

Written by: J.U (Pandaboy)

*****
A/N: It seems that lately I´ve been publishing old, finished stuff, this one came to my mind.
I can be very -more so than usually- when I´m bored and five or maybe six years ago when this story was written, I use to bug whoever I was chatting with to "tell me an interesting story" this one was given to me one of those times by some guy... I liked it. I had to stalk a friend´s FB page to find his name, he was never really my friend but I guess we could´ve been, he told good stories. Five or six years ago I asked him if I could publish this story here, he said I could so I´m finally doing it. I wonder if I should let him know... though I´m leaning for not doing so since when we last spoke we ended in less than friendly terms... Also I just wrote the first letter of his name and last name since I´m not sure if he would´ve wanted his name all over the internet but I don´t mind writing the nickname I used for him hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment