Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mirror


Shine like night,
An oxymoron, 
What´s better than that?
What you got it´s all you need...
Go to the mirror and see it
There´s you and your shy smile
Down-casted eyes that hide a kind heart

Go on and see past your eyes
See yourself in me if you prefer
What do you see?
I see a mellow light,
Kind words, a few unintended jokes
Just be, does it get better than that?
No need to fit in the mold

I´ve seen
I never said I´d change
A mirror that talks from the other side
I want to talk to the reflex there
To tell what I see
Because I never noticed a few things
Maybe the image behind haven´t either

2 comments:

  1. that girl looks like you a little bit

    this reminds me of that song from Mulan "Reflection".
    "Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me, when will my reflection show who I am inside?"
    It's kind of like an answer to a supposed question here. I don't know.
    But it's really hard to see good things about yourself when all the bad ones stick out like so many weeds.
    The last stanza is a very imaginative. It's like I can actually see that trying to happen in my mind. It's a nice image to have, someone either entering there or two versions of one person saying what they see in the other.
    And yeah the mold is no good. It's way boring.
    thank you <3 (although is that an arrogant thing to say?)

    you changed the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? that´s nice, I think, since I really liked that image

      Mulan! I know the song, I like it.

      well, perhaps the weeds are not that many, really but then, that´s why there´s the mirror ;)

      thank you! I´m glad you can "see" it

      You´re welcome. It´s not arrogant at all ;) you were in my mind when I wrote it

      I did! it was time!

      Delete