Friday, January 24, 2014

Double Life: rumors, lies and bits of truth

A/N: I dont like the tittle but then it´s what best shows what this one´s about haha 
I wish I could stay here forever, writing -sigh... 

Saku: thank you for your last comment, I knew you´d like the twins together even if your fav twin wasnt doing so good. I like your idea about scenes of the twins together. Oh, also about Nic being a contradiction, it´s true, Im glad it´s showing in that way, she is being contradictory like that with how close she wants him mmmm I was thinking on a side-story about that, like further explanation on why that was happening but we´ll see haha -thx for reading
*************************

Nichole got off the train in the busiest stop. It had been about a week since she had last turned her phone on, she braced herself to listen to the many voice mails she was sure she had, she ignored most of them, they were threats and pleads and attempts to bribe her to go back, many others concerning josh and their supposed fight. She frowned, now that she knew about the shared past she and josh had listening to Nat speak of him made many emotions burst out of her. She was sure Nat knew josh, how could she pretend like she did, making it sound like she cared but clearly he was in their revenge plan and that knowledge stirred contrasting thoughts, he was on the vengeance plan which meant they could harm him. They were just waiting for her to return, by staying away at least for the moment she was preventing any harm to happen to him but she wasn’t sure how she felt about it, again she was being the object, the thing that protected him, never her choice but even now, what would she choose, she had wondered that for a  while now, it was the first thought in her mind in the morning as she woke up after sleepless nights, as she´d been doing she tried to ignore those thoughts with a small sigh as she heard the voice mails, there was one that caught her attention


“You´re causing me a lot of trouble, Nicky, I have to congratulate you, you´re more skilled than what I thought… I wonder what you´ll think of this… you see, I can’t keep making this look like you´re absent because you´re sick and Karl doesn’t want it anymore. I know –she had said in a motherly tone- that there are many things that you don’t understand but I do know that you care about your education, you´re one of the best at an important school, you know that´s great… you don’t need any effort just pass but you do it anyways, you care but, dear, if you don’t come back, you´ll lose all that –the woman had sighed- everything –now the woman´s voice was cold- all your things will be taken out and thrown to the trash… you might not care of many things but I do know you have great regard over the papers… those will be burnt, Val will do that… you have until tomorrow at this time, three in the afternoon, to prevent that from happening” the message ended. Nichole closed her eyes, her forehead had a crease. It wasn’t important but it was important to her. “My paintings” she whispered “my memories” she opened her eyes, turned around and got in the next train without even checking where it was going.


“The room´s empty” Val said to the phone, she heard Natasha sighing on the other side “she didn’t show up this week either”
“Obviously” Nat said with a cold voice “I´ll be there in a while”


“So much in a rush you are that you couldn’t wait to meet us in the SCR” Aaron teased the boy that was coming towards them  
“Right –the boy scoffed- I’m actually headed to the girl´s dorm”
“You do know they won’t let you in, right?” josh chuckled
“I have to help take a box of books to the library and other boxes out of guess who´s room?”
“Who…?” the twin´s said at once, Aaron with curiosity, josh with concern
“None other than creepy Nichole”
“What? Why?” the twins spoke at once again, now both equally surprised
“I gotta carry the stuff because that´s part of my punishment, make it as janitor” her rolled his eyes
“Wasn’t she sick?” Aaron spoke, josh just stared
“I don’t know about that but the rumor says she got knocked up by this guy of one of the towns, one that used to come here with her, her family denied her support, so she left”
“Really?...” Aaron gasped
“Who told you that?” josh spoke at the same time, their words overlapping
“Michelle heard it from the dorm sup when she was talking with Nichole´s mother”

“I thought Nic didn’t have…” Aaron started when josh interrupted
“michi hates Nichole, you can’t believe her”
“I wouldn’t believe her but Lex´s closest friend told me she told her she´d seen her bringing a guy to her room”
“Really??!” Aaron exclaimed
“Yeah, and your roommate –Brighton nodded to josh- told me the same…” Brighton concluded, Aaron looked at josh with surprise written on his face, josh only lifted both eyebrows
“Do you think that´s true?” Aaron asked josh with surprise but the other boy answered
“maybe she didn’t even know who was her baby daddy and that´s why she left –she shrugged- I hate to make it as janitor but I’m glad to take out that disgrace´s stuff out” Brighton said with a tone of superiority that quickly dissolved to a cry of pain when josh’s fist connected to his jaw making the boy tumble to the ground

“Josh, what the hell?!” Aaron exclaimed going to help Brighton who quickly stood up and squared his shoulders taking a defensive stance
“Ah, yeah, I forgot she was your little ho. Seems like she didn’t get enough from you and she went to look it from someone else” he spat as he made a round motion over his stomach. Josh was about to throw another punch but Aaron stopped him and pushed him away
“It´s not worth it!” he growled to his twin who had a clenched aw. Brighton laughed
“ah, I see, so maybe the little one was yours –the boy laughed some more- did you say you wouldn’t take care of it?” he got punched again, this time by Aaron
“Keep your mouth shut and go away now or I’ll show you real pain” he grabbed Brighton by his shirt
“This doesn’t end here” the boy said but left. Aaron turned to josh

“We just got in trouble” he said josh only glanced his way “ I know you cared for her, but it´s not like you to be this way, that´s my role, josh” he tried again, josh pursed his lips this time
“Josh –Aaron sighed- what´s going on?”
“He´s lying”
“How do you know… the dorm supervisor said it…”
“She´s lying”
“Why would she do that? Besides, I don’t think Lex would, you’re friends with her and your roommate too, they saw…”
“They were the ones sneaking in that night, they shouldn’t talk!” josh said angrily

“How do you know josh?” Aaron asked after a moment of silently staring at his twin. Josh closed his eyes, sighed and opened them again
“I was the one they saw” he confessed to a wide eyed Aaron “besides, I took you to her room, is it even a surprise to you?” he scoffed
“Josh –Aaron blinked rapidly- I was right about the shampoo, you spent the nights with her”
“I slept and took a shower in that room, I told you about that”
“Josh?” Aaron narrowed his eyes
“Rain made me stay there sometimes”
“That´s how she knew –Aaron muttered as realization hit him- some times, josh?” the twins left silence stretch between them

“josh, what he said about the…” Aaron made a round motion over his stomach
“There´s no kid, Aaron, are you stupid?” josh snarled
“How could I know? You became like her, all mysterious and always around her, never saying anything like you had something to hide!” he raised his voice
“You don’t know what you´re saying!”
“Well, go on, tell me, where she is or why she left, she must have said something in those times you slept and took showers in that room” Aaron made air quotation marks
“I don’t know where she is”
“You know something, don’t you think I didn’t notice you and her looked at the other as if only you two were in the secret”
“I don’t even know what you´re saying”
“You do”
“You make no sense”
“You´re just like her now, or worse, you hit a guy for a gossip, you got drunk and stole her papers, you were even skipping classes... Maybe it´s better that she left”
“Shut up, Aaron!”
“Why do you always fall for the weirdoes or needies, josh?”

Josh cursed out loud before walking away from his twin who cursed back at him and walked away in the opposite direction

1 comment:

  1. The twins fighting!@!!!?&#6%#%) lol it was so hot!
    I actually loved Aaron more this time! He was more center stage it seems even though he wasn't. His reactions were spot on in this one. I enjoyed "hearing" his words in this one. He was so cool defending his brother even though he was mad/hurt that he had to face the fact that Josh has a secret life he's not part of. I hadn't even thought of how he might feel about their relationship without him. It makes me think a lot now. And now that I'm thinking about him again he's always the character that makes me feel this way after reading. I don't think it was your intention but Aaron is a pretty interesting, mysterious guy - in a different way from Josh.
    But I love Josh here too. Because finally he got to react and let loose that building frustration in his heart. He's mad and he's wounded. He needed to address it and stop ignoring it.
    Geez Nic you have the twins at each other's throats. :/
    I liked them arguing here and what they were saying. Another thing I love about Josh - even though he's mad at Nic's actions and himself for somethings he still was loyal and kept denying his involvement. I love him <3
    Those rumors about Nic are terrible. Geez kids are cruel. She's a good student it's crazy that they'd let Michelle spread hate like that but then I guess that's her power and influence over people. That plus Nic is a mystery and kids love guessing things about kids like her and especially when they aren't around to defend themselves. It's a shame. I'm glad the twins stood up for her. She doesn't deserve that kind of talk behind her back.
    This was good. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete