Saturday, February 15, 2014

Double Life: Fool

A/N: oh my!! I think there´s only like two more posts for this one to end T_T besides the epilogue thingy that I still need to type into Word but ...with my record that might take years...
anyway! double post!! n as always tons of mistakes there...well, Im a bad writer, you know that already

ah, this part was one that I wanted to change but this one character was stubborn, he didnt care to explain his reasons, he doesnt care if he´s the second most hated character, he kinda likes that...
*******

"Where are you going?" Camille sat up on the bed, her hair messed from being on her pillow, she´d woken up when Nichole sat on the bed to tie her sneakers
"Mii, did I wake you up?"
"No -she said with a pout- but you´re leaving"
"But I´ll be back"
"Really?" the little girl said with incredulity
"Yes -she smiled- and now that you´re up you´re having breakfast with me" she touched the tip of her little sister´s nose with the tip of her index finger

"Are you really coming back?" the little girl asked as Nichole, Natasha, Ashley, Jess and their mom left
"Yes, Mii, I told you, I´m staying the two weeks here with you, if you stay in here, of course"
"I´ll stay" the little girl said decisively

"Camille, it´s getting late, let us go" Camille´s mom said in an exasperated tone "be a good girl with Celia. No candies, ok?"
 "Yes mom" the girl looked down

"Bye, baby" Nic bent to say on Mii´s ear and put a tiny lollipop in her little hand, the kid giggled
*********


Nichole, this is Mr. Galvin, Karl´s lawyer" Nat introduced a middle aged man in an expensive suit to Nichole
"She´s Nichole Cristales" Nat motioned to Nic; there was recognition in the man´s eyes
"Mrs. Cristales. Good to meet you" he said, Nic nodded, "Ash, Jess, Ms. Duchene" he greeted the others, they kissed his cheek in greeting
"Hello, Tom -Ms. Duchene said- it´s so sad to see you in such a tragic moment"
"yes, my condolences to all of you -he smiled politely- Karl left a video for all of you to see, so, we´re watching that first and then we´ll take it from there" he said and pushed a button in the remote control in his hand, a projector show Karl´s office in Crystals house with him in his des, in the video there was silence for a moment. Ash, Jess and their mom started to sob

I never wished for any of you to see this video so soon -Karl started- but perhaps- he turned over a cup of coffee in his desk- it´s for the best. I lament that I´m not going to see my daughters grow -his wife sobbed more- I´ll miss my baby a lot. I have left another video that my lawyer will provide for when she´s older -he tapped his fingers on his desk and then leaned back on his chair, subtly his demeanor changed his yes changed, both Nichole and Nat knew that face- down to business -he said then, in that voice filled with authority that he had- To Ashley and Jessica Perry, my wife´s daughters, I leave your education, all the rest of your school and five years of college will be given to you, if you girls don’t go to college, well... -he shrugged- you wasted what I had left for you. Besides that, only the car that you share is yours, don’t expect any vacations, allowances, money for parties or shopping trips from me, not anymore" he said, the girls immediately gasped, stopped sobbing and looked at each other and then at their mother that with gesture asked them to remain calm

"Natasha -he continued- you´ve been with me and Miriam since the beginning and you´re a master mind but you´ll have nothing from me -he said and Nat chuckled shaking her head- you´ve received enough as if it -of course, Nat mouthed- but -he said and his eyes seemed to soften- I do ask that you take care, keep an eyes on my girls, will you?"

"Of course" Nat said to the video

"Wife -he said and his demeanor went back to that in business state- we had a great time together, didn’t we? -his wife nodded as she sobbed some more- You made Camille possible -he smiled- and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heard and because of that I want you to have a comfortable living, you get to keep the first apartment I bought for you, your car, no driver, and one hundred thousand dollars a year" he paused, she gasped and stood up

"That is outrageous! -She exclaimed looking at tom- I was his wife! I´m entitled to all that he had!"

"I´m sure that you won’t like it -the video continued- don’t make a scene, we had a pre-nup, it clearly stated that you had to remain faithful something you haven’t done. Tom will hand you an envelope with pictures of you and at least two other men. Did you think I didn’t know?"

The lawyer pushed a yellow envelope to her; she only looked at it with a place face and sat. Nat covered her mouth to stifle a laugh

"I´m no longer paying for your lover´s vacations darling -the video continued- they´ll have to work- the man exhaled and relaxed in his chair, a tiny smile on his face- Camille -his smile was completely visible now- my baby gets half of everything I own except Crystals house, her tutor is to manage it all until she turns twenty"

Ms. Duchene lifted her head, color returning to her

"Her tutor and guardian is my eldest daughter -he cleared his throat, three gasps from the women were heard- my niece, Nichole Cristales who is to inherit the other half of my belongings, investments and properties as well as Crystals house. -H e pause for a long moment- Nichole, I know I have no right of asking anything but I ask you to take care of Camille, I want you to keep her safe and happy I want you to give her everything that I won’t be able to give her, I want you to be there for her like what I didn’t do for you. I won’t ask you to do it for me, I don’t deserve it but I ask you to do it for your little sister and for your mother. You’re smart, I know you won’t let them down" he smiled.
Ms. Duchene had stood up, her face red

"My will is final. I am 100% sure of what I´ve said and that is all I have to say. Nichole, my lawyer will give you an account of all that is yours and Camille´s minus my widow and her children´s gifts, to you and only you he can disclose information unless you decide otherwise. You and only you Nicky, as always are the only one that I can trust. You and only you, have my all" in the video he stared at the camera and then it went black.

"You are not getting my daughter!" Ms. Duchene shouted at Nichole "and you are not getting what belongs to me! I´ll fight this will. Tom! She isn’t eve Karl’s daughter and Camille´s mine, he can’t decide, dead or not who can have my kid!"

"Ms. Duchene -the lawyer said trying to calm her down- you gave up your parental rights, remember, legally, Karl Duchene had all parental rights over Camille and now he has the right to leave her custody to his heiress"
"But that's not possible! I had the child!"
"Yes, but you also gave her up"
"Well, I change my mind, there´s something I can"
"No, I´m sorry, your signature can’t be removed now"

"Shut up! You´re my lawyer, you´re supposed to help me not give her ideas!"
"I´m sorry but now I´m Mrs. Cristales lawyer, that´s how Karl arranged it"
"Then, I´m calling Marylyn!"
"Sherry -Nat said- all of them are with Nichole now... I doubt t you could afford them now, you know they´re..."
"You too, Natty? -She gasped -You- she pointed an accusing finger to Nichole who remained in her seat motionless and in silence- what did you do to him? You´ve always been meddling in my life and..."

"I have a deal for you" Nichole interrupted Sherry
"I want no deal with you!" she shouted
"Be quiet and listen now!" Nichole commanded the wife sat, she heard his husband´s words and felt his presence in the girl and that made her stunned enough for Nic to continue “I don’t want to take Camille from you, you’re her mother no matter who you are and she loves you. She already lost a parent, she won’t lose the other, so she´s staying with you, you can choose any house you want to live in, I will see that you have your precious lifestyle as long as Camille is safe and happy. I agree with father though, your lovers should work if they want to have luxury vacations with you. I won’t tell you to stay alone for her but under no circumstance she should see a parade of men in her home or bad influences, that´s one of my conditions, the other is that I´ll get to see her, and spend time with her whenever I want" Nic finished

"She´s mine and what he left to you should be Camille´s only" Sherry said but it was less forceful

"Ashley and Jessica can keep their lifestyle too and I´ll see that they get their money wither they go to college or not, they can dilapidate it immediately if they want" Nic bargained
"Really?" the two girls said with interest, Nic nodded "our vacations abroad too?"
"Yes, and your allowance, shopping trips too... under a budget of course"
"How much?" Ashley asked
"Whatever you spent on your last trip once every month"
"I´m satisfied" Jess said when Ash looked at her
"I´m happy with that mom- Ash said- It´s a good deal"
"Girls! -the woman scolded but satisfaction was written in her eyes too- this is not how it is supposed to be but I don’t want Mii to be seeing family fights after Karl´s death, so I´ll agree to it for her"
"One more thing -Nic added- someone will be around to make sure all of you are keeping the deal, that you are keeping Mii from bad influences, from sadness and danger"

"You´ll live with us?" Jess asked wrinkling her nose
"NO, Natasha will be checking that you keep the deal, she´ll also provide the money to you. Do we have a deal?"

"Mrs. Cristales, I advise you make a legal document of your deal" the lawyer interjected
"Yes, I think it’s a good idea" she agreed
"Ok, then, in two days, -he said to the wife- you come down here to sign it"
"Can you take it home, Tom" Sherri asked
"Miss?” he looked at Nic, who nodded
"Sure, Sherry, we´ll take it to you. It was nice to see you" he smiled, she scoffed

"Nat, where´s the car?" she said once she took her purse. Nat roller her eyes but replied
"It´s waiting for you to take you back to Crystals house"
"I need to go to our home in the city to get some clothes... for Camille" she added
"The driver will take you
"Good" she left the room with their daughters behind her

"She thinks you made me their maid!" Nat complained "I´ll wait for you outside" she said to Nic after a moment of silence. Once she was out Tom, the lawyer started to give Nichole a detailed account of everything that Karl owned. He talked of house and businesses and taxes paid. Nichole asked questions about it all. They talked for a couple of house and then she got out of the office and the building, Nat had followed her

"Weren’t you going to wait for me?"
"Drive"
*****************

"If I could get rid of you, I would" Nic said, she´d instructed Nat to stop near a park "buy you’re the only loose end of this story... what would you do to a loose end like that?"

"Get rid of it -Nat said in a whisper- but you’re not me, you’re better"
"I don’t know about that but I do know that Karl trusted you and so far it seemed you never gave him motives to get rid of you or he would´ve done it. I´ve learned from you in this whole mess that you should keep certain people close..."
"The enemy -Nat murmured- Nicky I´m not your enemy"
"We´ll see about that. I might be a fool but you´re the only one that knows about Camille being like me and you did keep Karl´s dirty and clean business going. NO more dirty business but I am not old enough to handle any business or people and I don’t want to either. You claim that you’re loyal to me; this is when you prove it. You keep my sister safe and happy and comfortable and with her money intact and prove your loyalty ... but you know I´ll pay you too... so..."
"You don’t need to. I want to do this for you...."
"You´ll get your check but I want to know everything and not like you did with Karl, everything because if I even suspect..."
"I know, I know, you´ll know everything, you sound so much like Karl sometimes -she said, Nic sighed closing her eyes- I´ll report everything to you weekly or monthly or even daily if you want"
"Weekly but I want to know immediately if anything big happens"
"You will"
"You better"
"Thank you"

"I´m a fool" Nic murmured as they left the park

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I don't really have much to say on this one that will be coherent enough to make sense. I have two different povs here and that's why it'll just become a jumbled mess if I went into. Not that it matters anyway.

    I'm just glad Nic changed what he said although I wouldn't have given them vacations just an allowance they could live off. If they wanted a vacation it would have had to be a modest one. They were jerks after all so they didn't deserve much but geez he went way too far considering he's filth and his money is dirty. *rolls eyes* but I guess anyone can be a preacher.

    I liked that lawyer. He was calm and collected the whole time. It's something I always admire in your writing(the ones I've read), you always make me curious about people on the sides of cast. I like that but of course it sucks too because they aren't meant to be significant Lolol

    ReplyDelete