Sunday, February 2, 2014

Double Life: my truth

A/N: I hope this one makes sense... I think it has some mitakes, I guess I wont say sorry about that becuase if I really was I would´ve done something abbout it... anyway, new post, some light to some mysteries... I thought that whenever I posted this one I was going to feel excited or anxious or something but I feel nothing, well, this is how the story goes, you decide if it´s good or not
******

“Where are you?” Nat said almost hysterical as she turned on the lights of the dark room
“Here” Nic’s quiet voice replied as she came out of behind the door and locked it. She stood still there.
“It was so sweet of you to come to his rescue, you really like him” Nat smiled
“I didn’t come for him”
“Ah, don’t lie, you even give him a present”
“That was not a present, it was a dagger”
“The dagger that you refused to change for a better one… you´re a romantic, Nicky”
“Was this the talk you wanted to have with me?” Nic asked dryly. Nat chuckled
“Of course not, you know all about the bees and the flowers and what would happen if you were to let any bee …”
“If that´s what you have to say, I’m leaving” the girl interrupted with a glare
“Alright, I want to know why you ran away, then –Nichole didn’t answer. Nat sighed- but most importantly, I want you to come back home” she sat on the edge of the desk
“You want me to keep killing people? I refuse”

“Nichole, you don’t understand, we´ve gone over this, they´re all bad people… I showed what that guy did… only you can bring justice”
“You and Karl are not justice’s hand and I am not the weapon at your service… I’m just another murderer”
“Baby, you’re not that! Never say that” Nat had a pained expression on her face, Nic laughed
“You would´ve been a great actress but don’t lie to me, I’m not in the mood for your little dramas”
“I’m not lying, they´re all bad” the woman said with conviction, Nichole knew she wouldn’t get anywhere if she didn’t let Nat know that she knew something
“Tell me something, who was next? Maggie? Or Erick?”

“Who? What are you saying Nicky?” Nat raised an eyebrow
“I hate it when you play dumb, but for now, I´ll follow your game. So, which Arlington was I to kill next? Erick or his wife Margaret or maybe even josh, is that why you brought him here?” she raised her voice in the end, Nat struggled for words
“What are you saying?” she finally chocked out. In an instance Nichole was on her face, very close.
“Don’t lie to me” Nichole emphasized each word “you better talk, you better give me answers this time or I swear you´ll be the next in my murders list, you´ll be the first that I´ll enjoy killing” the girl said through gritted teeth. Natasha stared at her. Nic´s eyes were full of hate and anger, her face pale and hard, her stance confirmed the truth behind her words, it was one of the few times she´d ever felt scared of the girl, it was probably the one time she actually feared for her life. The girl had found out somehow, maybe it was more to the letter than she had anticipated
“The twin” Natasha said barely above a whisper. A hard slap landed on her right cheek
“How did you find out?” tears were stinging Nat´s eyes
“How were you going to make me do it?”
“You didn’t answer me”
“I am the one getting answers tonight!” Nic pointed her finger almost to Nat´s face
“Nichole! Calm down…” Nat started but was interrupted by another slap
“Shut up!” a shout
“You are not to treat me this way, Nichole!” Natasha said angrily, Nichole scoffed
“Would you rather have me killing you instead? If I can’t get answers from you, you are useless to me”

“You don’t want to kill me”
“Oh, I do, very much, why wouldn’t I want to kill the woman who stabbed me when I was a child? Or the woman who convinced my parents to keep bringing me to a place where I was a lab rat? Why wouldn’t I want to kill the woman behind me becoming a murderer? Believe me, I want to kill you very much” the girl said in a cold tone
“How did you know that?” Nat’s voice broke. Nichole´s face distorted
“Ok, I see, this is the same as always… I´ll get nothing from you” the girl took a step back and pulled off her gloves throwing them to a side, she wasn’t wearing the bandage under them
“No! –Natasha put a hand on a stop motion- you don’t want to kill your mother!” she tried to put distance between the girl and herself. Nic advanced, hatred in her features
“I already killed my mother”
“You are my daughter” she cried. Nic laughed derisively
“The more reason to kill you then, a mother doesn’t treat her child like you´ve treated me”
“You don’t understand” Nat walked backwards as Nic advanced
“I have given you enough chances to explain, you´ve only given me lies and now you give me one that is so damn pitiful, low even for you”
“I have a scar that proves it” she touched her lower stomach
“I have some scars too, you gave them to me, that proves nothing” Nic advanced quickly
“I can prove it to you. I can prove it to you” tears came out of Nat´s eyes
“How?” Nic was right in front of Nat, a smile on her ace, an unnatural and cold one
“A video, I have a video” she breathed out. Nichole looked at her straight to her eyes; after a second she started to shake her head and slowly lifted one of her hands to Nat´s face
“If you do this, you will really become a murderer” Nat´s tears came out freely
“I already am one”
“No –Nat whispered- you´re just mine and Miriam’s innocent child. Please let me prove it to you”
“You really don’t want to die, do you?” Nichole´s hand stopped just centimeters away from Nat´s face. She tilted her head. She sighed. “ I hate you and want you dead but you´re the fastest way to get answers… that and only that is what will give you some time… for now” Nichole dropped her hand, Nat took in a deep breath. Her knees gave in, she clamped down to the wooden floor

“How were you going to make me kill Aaron Arlington?” Nichole asked
“I knew you wouldn’t do it, he was no longer a target for you… Margaret and Erick weren’t either”
“Why were they even a target? They’re not bad people”
“They´re with one” Nat´s words laced with hate
“Who?”
“Alexander Arlington” Nat said as Nichole started to lift her hand again. Nic felt a pang in her chest; this confirmed Ibsen´s words… but not necessarily means it was true
“What has he done to you? The man loves his family, I´ve seen him, he´s a nice man” Nichole said remembering the new year´s she spent at the man´s house
“If I had known you´d spent your vacation in there I wouldn’t have let you” she looked up to Nichole “yes, Nicky, I know some things too”
“Why didn’t you stop me then?”
“Karl didn’t want you to be stopped”
“Father knew?” NIc asked surprised
“Yes”
“Why he didn’t stop me, why didn’t he let you stop me?”
“I don’t know, maybe he thought that it´d complete the plan”
“The plan?”
“Yeah”
“What plan?”

“Aaron was your original target; you had so many chances…”
“You never put him as a mission” Nic furrowed her eyebrows
“We took him to Burgeoys”
“He went there because…” the girl started but stopped, realization hitting her, she sat down in front of Natasha “the fight, the expelling, the kid paralyzed after they fought him, you did that, you ruined an innocent boy´s life” her face distorted, Nat´s mouth upturned
“We needed him there…”
“That was no guarantee that he´d become my victim”
“I was counting on Aaron´s reputation to bring him closer to you, you´re beautiful, I didn’t count on Joshua taking an interest in you but in the long run it was somehow better” she said in a small voice
“Still no guarantee, even less then”
“An accident…” Nat started
“You wanted me to have an accident like with Kate or Ashley! –Nic gasped, Nat nodded once- it was you who made him almost fall to the river! Who did you put to do that?”
“Val”
“But you told him to get away from me”
“So that he got closer to you”
“What else did you do?”
“Not much”
“What else?!” the girl growled
“The thieves” she said and felt another slap on her cheek, she looked up to the girl, she had one of her gloves on

“you´re worse than what I thought…you wanted him close to me so that I killed him by accident” tears filled the girl´s eyes as she remembered what it was like when something like that had happened, she called the monster to take her tears away
“No, I didn’t think you´d get that close”
“You saw we did, that was just better for you, wasn’t it?” Nat only looked away “seems like you hate me too” Nic said softly
“No, no, no, I don’t, you just don’t know who he is”
“He’s just a boy” Nic forced herself to say
“He´s not, not at all, he´s as bad as his grandfather”
“As bad as we are, Nat?”
“If it wasn’t for them, we wouldn’t be who we are”
“And why is that?” the girl asked as if she was merely wondering about the weather
“Alexander is a mad man, he loves to play god…”
“We do that too”
“No, we just make the ones who followed him go; we make the bad people go”
“And what do they pay for?”
“They have to pay for what they did to you and to your parents and to me” Nat clenched the fabric of her blouse right over her heart
“Ah, so it´s about you…” Nic started, Nat was about to interrupt when she continued “what did josh did to you?”
“His grandfather started it, his grandfather before him….” She said, Nic made a motion for her to continue
“What did they do to you? What did Alexander did to you?”

“I was only a year older than you –Nat sighed- I had just graduated from high school. I wanted to be a doctor but I was an orphan, a no body, with no longer a home or money to get into college. I applied for many scholarships, nothing happened. I was unlucky, even when I thought I was lucky I was really unlucky. After a few month of trying I was called from one place, there I met Dr. Sarah Deus, she interviewed me, got me in the scholarship and even offered me a ob. I was to be her assistant in this project she her colleagues had. They were studying the human genome; she told me their goal was to make healthier babies. I never knew. I was just the coffee bringer. Two years went by, Sarah said I was smart, good with computers, they all, the crew, Arlington who was the boss, said I was good” Natasha closed her eyes and sighed

“Bad luck struck to my life again, I was notified that my scholarship was no longer mine, financial crisis and stuff. I was devastated, my job as an assistant wasn’t enough to pay for med school and then Arlington appeared to save me, he offered me another job, I was going to be another type of assistant and that job would secure my stay in school –she sobbed- a few years after I left them I found out he had been the one that had cut my scholarship”
“What was the job?” Nichole asked, her voice distant
“I was to sell…they wanted my cells, my eggs”
“Doesn’t sound so bad”

“It wasn’t except it was when they announced my genes were no good. I was desperate but benevolent –Nat scoffed at her own words- Alexander offered a solution, I was to carry a child, one of their modified kids. I had seen the pregnant women in there; I had seen them lose their kids. They were fewer and fewer since I started there. I agreed because I was desperate, I was young and I needed it –the woman brought her legs close to her shoulder- around that time I met Miriam, she was expecting too, I had seen her before, I had helped her to go to the examining rooms or filled her papers but then we became closer, our appointments were always together and I was still the regular type of assistant so I got to talk to her more. She thought I was too young to be having a child. I explained I was just a surrogate but she was right. I wasn’t just that, after a while, both she and I lost the babies, mine died first, she was having twins, one died first then the other, if anything that brought us closer…”
“What about the other women?”
“What about them?”
“What happened to them?”
“You’re wondering if there are others like you? No, you´re one of a kind, the other children had the same fate as my first child”
“I could´ve had older siblings…” Nichole voice her thoughts
“Yeah…”
“I don’t see that Alexander Arlington has anything to pay besides your scholarship, for the rest… you agreed to participate in that”
“They left me no choice but you´re right, so far they were ok, this is not why I hate them”
“Why then?” Nichole forced herself to talk, this story kept confirming Ibsen´s
“A year after that first child, I was coaxed to carry another child. I didn’t want to; they said I could keep him or her. I said I couldn’t take care of him, they said that if I did carry it, and let them study my pregnancy again they´d pay for the kid´s education, my entire school, they told me I´d have my job secured, a promotion…”
“You sold yourself and your child”

“no –Nat whispered, tears started to flow again- I told you I was an orphan, I had been abandoned when I was only days old, the first pregnancy had shown me a connection and love that I had never had before, I wanted that, I wanted someone to live like that, I wanted a family and with what they offered me my baby would be safe or so I thought… that´s why I agreed.
I was two month pregnant; she was also on the program, again… Your father, your dad had gotten them in there because she wanted a child” Nat sobbed hugging her legs to her chest
“It was all great, my baby was born, and it was great even if I had to get a C-section, my baby was gorgeous, she was born on December 7th, and she had big brown eyes, pink mouth and dark black hair –Nat smiled as if remembering-. On the 10th a few days later, Miriam’s baby was born but one of the nurses tripped as the baby was being brought back to Miriam who hadn’t even seen the baby, the baby died smothered by the nurse´s weight –Nat´s voice broke, Nichole´s heart pounded- Mary Ann, the woman who wrote you that letter and Alexander came in my room as I fed my girl, they said they needed my girl, they said they were giving her to Miriam, I tried to stop them, I reminded them of their promises, of my rights but they threaten me with firing me, I didn’t care, with school and I didn’t care and then I found out I had been carrying Miriam and Karl´s baby, because Miriam’s genes were better they said, they also said they´d accuse me of stealing the baby who after all had Miriam’s DNA so I had no way to prove she was mine. I threaten to tell her but then Alexander said that if I did that I would never get to see my girl again. We need a baby to give to Miriam, Mary Ann said and she took the baby from my hold” Natasha´s head hung on her chest now, she kept sobbing. Nichole´s breath was caught on her throat, it had struck her as odd the choice of words "a baby to give to Miriam" Nat didn’t notice, she was crying with her eyes closed

"I cried two days and then I got up and went to Miriam´s room, Alexander always looming around. Miriam was worried, asked what had happened to me, I looked horrible. I lost my baby girl, I said, tears coming out of my eyes, she said she was sorry, she asked if there was anything she could do, I asked her to let me take you in my arms, I asked her to name you after my dead baby, I asked her to give you your real name. What´s your girl´s name, she asked, Nichole, I replied. My kid´s name´s Sarah, she said but I think Sarah Nichole sounds pretty, don´t you think, Karl? She asked, your father nodded, he always gave her what she wanted"

"I don’t believe you" Nichole said coldly " if I am your dead child why would you let me kill people, why would you point a gun to me, why would you want me to accidentally kill the boy you think I care for, why would you let Karl treat me like he does, why would you let Tilly hurt me, why would you let Vincent hurt me? Why would you hurt me and stab me when others told you to?"

"I haven´t stabbed you!"
"Either you or Mary Ann are lying about this"
"Mary Ann told you" Nat gasped "When...? Why...?"
"She said it was you who discovered how to make me sick and you stabbed me every time they needed me to be sick"
"No" Nat cried, covered her face and shook her head "It was not like that..."
"So far Ibsen hasn’t lie one but you have, so many times over the years"
"Did she tell you that you are mine?"
"No"
"That´s why you don’t believe me, she made it seem like I was the bad one"
"Well, now´s your time to tell your side of the story..."
"I was made to do it, they said that if I didn’t it´d be worse, and it was, Mary Ann made you suffer, I tried not to..."
"You could´ve said no, I was a child"
"I didn´t want to lose you again"
"You should´ve have let them go on with their experiments... I was... since before being born ....a monster"
"No, you were not"
"I didn’t know what they had done. I only knew with my promotion, when you were already born, I couldn’t do a thing because you were my kid Miriam´s too despite your origins so I just tried to learn more of you but it was fine, you were just a bitter kid... -Nat trailed off and then she looked at Nichole that was sat in front of her, silence stretched between them for a moment- Mary Ann told you about the boy, didn´t she? -She stared at Nic who had an unreadable expression- Yes, yes, she did, that´s why you wouldn’t talk to him until he spoke to you, that´s why you saw him like you did. You know who he is, don’t you?"

"Was it true?" Nic said just above a whisper
"Yes"
"That´s why he was to die like Ash?"
"Yes"
"Why don't I have the scar on my chest where Mary Ann said..."
"Your hearts were one... you don’t have them because Alexander and his crew also experimented with stem cells, they had yours stored, from when you were born, his as well, they used that so that neither of you had scars, that´s why you have no scars from that time"

"You were with Arlington and Ibsen, they owned you; how you got to my father?" Nic inquired after a moment of silence
"After Miriam died your father moved you out and removed you from the program, he took shelter in Woodhills, it was hard to find him, I helped the crew on that but I started to lead them away because I overheard they were going to take you away from him, especially since your new ability, they saw you as a weapon now, something to be exploited..."
"You decided to exploit me instead"
"No, Nicky, it´s not like that"
"How did you tell my father, why did he ally with you?"
"He was devastated, he was smart, he suspected but to him you were what had taken his wife life, he..."

"He couldn´t stand the sight of me, I remember"
"No, Nicky, it´s..."
"Go on, how...?"
"I found him and offered him to take care of you"
"He accepted"
"No, he didn’t, he didn’t trust me, I had to explain what I knew, how everything happened. I had to show him proof"
"Did you have proof?"
"Yes, I stole some documents; I knew he wouldn’t listen to me, I had to make sure He´d let me stay close to my baby. I showed him everything, I showed him data and pictures and journals, Sarah and Mary Ann´s, the ones I got to steal..."
"What you said about you and me?" Nic started... Nat shook her head
"He doesn’t know of that, I don’t know what he´d done if he knew. I had to keep that to myself to protect you"
"You did a poor job on that"
"We had to get rid of the ones that knew of you"
"It was revenge"
"For him, yes..."
"You made it as if I was dead, you made me take my cousin´s place, did you her too?"
"Nichole´s death..."
"No! No! Don’t tell me, I don’t want to know, that would´ve been enough"
"No, it wouldn’t. You can never be safe with them around"
"You two have made me kill their families, not just them and I doubt all the people I´ve killed were related to that. They were not, were they?" Nic asked, Nat stayed silent "Answer me!" she shouted
"No" Nat barely said
"Who were they?"
"Bad people"
"I don’t believe that"
"I promise"
"I believe it even less. That was how you founded your research, right?, how father got rich, how you must´ve finished med school, wasn´t it?"
"I swear they were all bad"
"They were money"
"I´m sorry"

"You don’t get to say that. I won’t forgive you. I wouldn’t believe you, even if you were my mother I would deny you"
"I never meant to hurt you. All I wanted to do was to protect you"
"I don’t believe you"
"Why do you believe Mary Ann?"
"She left pictures, I´ve seen pictures on some of the dead people´s houses, with my mom´s signature; she left documents for me to read..."
"All that could´ve been made up"
"All that you´ve said could´ve been made up too"
"I can prove it to you"
"Show me the papers you showed Karl"
"I can’t" Nat said with a pained expression
"Why not?"
"Karl burnt it all, he thought it´d keep you safer" Nat explained, Nic laughed humorlessly
"So you can’t prove it, how convenient for you"

"I´ll show you the video"
"I´m not doubting that you had a child, I doubt that it was me"
"If you just let me prove it to you..."
"And why would I do that"
"So that you see they have to pay"
"I don’t know who to believe Natasha, but I don’t even know if that or Natalia is your real name" she laughed again
"Natalia was my name. Let me prove this to you, please"
"You don’t move me to compassion. I´m leaving, this is your revenge, not mine"
"If you let me prove this, I promise I´ll deal with everything, I promise I´ll help you go or if you don’t want that I promise I won’t look for you or let Karl look for you. You´ll be free to do as you please without any of us or our revenge. Just let me prove it..."
"I don’t believe you"
"I know but this proof will also support that my promise is true"
"Father –she said the word almost with disdain- will never let you let me go"

"He will if he knows I had you and not Miriam"

1 comment:

  1. I didn't expect that Nat reveal in the slightest. It shocked me for a few minutes but then it kind of made sense. I save my other thought for the other post.
    Poor Nic. She's stuck with two loser, selfish parents. I don't see how Nat feels she and Karl aren't monsters or murders. Out here conspiracy to commit murder is punished the same as committing the murder yourself! They're equally as guilty as Nic is.

    Even to the end she wants to withhold information and play games. What's up with her? She doesn't want to die yet she keeps lying?! Smh...
    I didn't feel sorry for her that Nic was taken from her. She was shameless and had no pride. At least Miriam deserved her and treated her well even when she was showing signs of being different from other kids. Nat could never have been that for Nic. She's a joke.

    And Karl is just as bad. How can he claim to love his wife yet commission her child do such awful things and endure such pain and suffering alone?!
    If thats love then I don't want it.

    Oh wow poor Aaron was the target the whole time! I certainly didn't see that coming at all! Just an innocent getting swept up in a sad revenge plot that wasn't even justifiable. So cruel.

    Poor Nic is probably so tired of all of this. She has to ho through so much from her liar family. It's such a shame. And it's more of a shame because she doesn't even hate them even now(from what I can see anyway). Sad

    ReplyDelete