Saturday, February 15, 2014

DoubleLife: Forgotten

 A/N: DL´s over today! I hope you dont hate me because ofthe ending ha!
*****

"What is it, Mii?" Nichole asked to her little sister who was sitting on the bed of her bedroom
"Nothing" the little girl looked down with a frown
"Do you miss father?" Nic asked throwing an arm around the little girl; she´d liked spending the week and a half with her sister
"Yes" the little girl murmured
"I´m sure he misses you too" she said, Mii nodded "is there something else baby?" she inquired, the little girl was silent for a while "you can tell me anything"
"Daddy used to say that"
"Well, yes, he is your dad, you could trust him"
"No, he said that I could tell you everything"
"Really? ... Well, I´d like it if you told me what´s wrong to help you make it better"
"I want to stay with you" the little girl threw her arms around her older sister
"aw, baby, you know ,we still have a couple more days to bet together and then I´ll ask your mom if you can stay a couple more days before going to school Is that alright?" she said the girl nodded but looked somewhat sadder

"Mmm you miss school, don’t you?" she smiled to Camille
"A little only"
"Do you miss your friends?"
"Only a little"
"Then?"
"I want to stay with you..." the little girl sobbed
"Mii, dear... oh, you miss ballet school, don’t you?"
"Yeah" the little girl admitted
"That´s ok, you are going back to school on Monday, three more days only"
"But then you´ll leave"
"Well... I can’t stay at your house -the little girl sobbed more- but I´ll visit you"
"I´ll miss you"
"I’ll call you every day, how’s that? And you can call me whenever you want, I´ll leave my number to Celia so when you want to talk to me you can call me"
"But daddy always said you were busy"
"I won’t be busy for you"
"Daddy said you had a lot to do in your school"
"But not anymore. I promise I´ll answer your call and I will say good night to you every night"
"Pinky promise?" the little girl extended her pinky, Nic chuckled
"Yes" she promised and hugged her sister

*************************

"Did your mother tell you that your friend Nichole is our business partner now, Josh?" Erick said during the family dinner, it was the weekend after the first week they had gone back to Burgeoys. The had taken a week off from school after their grandfather´s funeral
"Yeah" he said. Maggie had told him the Monday they had gone back to school
"Is she back? What does she say?" Maggie asked
"She´s not back"
"Did you see Nic at the meetings dad?" Aaron asked
"No, she had someone to represent her, a Mr. Gibson, very professional; I think she chose well, she´s too young to deal with such company"
"Yeah, she should stay in school... -Maggie said thoughtful- probably that´s why she hasn’t return to school"
"Yeah" Josh said
"I would´ve never imagined she was related to Mr. Duchene!" Aaron said "Ashley says it was such a surprise for them that he left her everything..."

They kept talking but Josh didn’t listen, he kept thinking on the man Alexander had been to, on the man Karl had been to Nichole and on the part he had taken in her life without him knowing. He also saw in his mind the cold eyes when she gave him the journal; she surely hated him and his family or maybe just him...

The Monday after that weekend, Nichole didn’t come back. A month later he found out her room had been given to other students. Aaron asked a couple of times if he´d heard of her but he never had.

The next month after that, on the day he´d met her, the day he´d first gotten to Burgeoys he decided he had to speak to her, to thank her maybe and apologize on behalf of Alexander and of himself. He´d known that he wanted to but that list at the end of the journal scared him. He kept hearing her voice whenever he thought of the journal, it had been a relief to take it away from his room once Aaron move in there, at first because he didn’t want Aaron to find it and then because it had been along with her drawings, a constant presence, the names, her voice telling him he didn’t know who she was or telling him she was a monster.


Aaron had often joked that he´d become like his girlfriend after that first month he spent more time on his own, in Burgeoys greenery and in the Art Club room though he´d wanted to quick and he´d been scared of finding Nat hidden in the trees with her silver gun ready to put him on that list of names. No one had said it but he knew his parents had done everything possible to move Aaron to his room because of those habit changes but he was grateful because that first month the nightmares had been relentless and some rain made it worst and he didn’t want anyone to witness his night terrors and slight panic attacks.

1 comment:

  1. My poor Josh became that weird kid in the end but then I guess it's what he needed to be, although that was probably bad for rumors. Oh well, it's best he keeps to himself. He can graduate without attachments. But man, just imagining him playing his guitar alone when no ones in the club makes my heart sink. He's just left alone to deal with so much information and witnessing death... Terrible. I wish his family would have put him in therapy or on anxiety medications. :(

    The strangest thing I liked though was that he was still afraid of water at the end. I was really happy about that(even though I'm kind of ashamed I am hahaha). I thought that was a really cool thing. And it left me wondering how he'd deal with in the future. Thinking about Josh afterwards is good enough for me. I still think about him these days :)

    I'm happy he got to share his room with Aaron so no one else had to see his weakness. What I'm sad about and I wasn't going to say this but I guess I will(I'm sure it's not true but it's how I perceived it) - he became less stronger than he was in the beginning. What I mean is he was brave and trusting enough to have a roommate evening knowing it rained a lot and hos roommate could have seen him afraid. But after this he only trusted his brother to see his panic attacks and freak outs. That made me think he closed off a part of himself that he was brave enough to show at one time but now he doesn't have the strength to. :*(
    Anyway that's what I meant by lots of thoughts but they'll probably come out incoherently so I refrained. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete