Friday, February 17, 2012

seeing past the obvious

I could´ve been in heaven by now. On my way back from work, driving on the highway I heard a "clink" sound and then the car started to shake. I could´ve lost control, I could´ve crashed. Thankfully I was able to get to the   side of the highway, I get off the car and took a look, it all seemed fine until I practically threw myself on the ground to look at the parts under the car... something seemed to be missing on one of the bars that holds the tire in place.

I called my father. He got there with brother and we found out that the piece that the nut of the bar that makes the tires to be in place was not there. A few days ago some repairs were made to the car, that same nut that now´s missing was taken off in order to repair it so... father´s mad ´cause he says it´s their fault. He was so mad ´cause I could´ve died due to someone doing a mediocre job.

I felt shocked. Many images of what could´ve happened passed through my mind. I wouldn´t have mind to die but I thought what my mother would´ve felt and I almost started crying, there in my car on the highway waiting for my father to come and help me. I also realized that despite everything that has happened between us father is the one and only that I called when Im in trouble, like today, he was the first one that crossed my mind and I also realized that if he wasn´t there I wouldn´t have anybody else to call for help and that was very sad, and at that thought I also felt like crying again but of course I didn´t. I blame that to the shocked of having to handle the fact that the car kind of got out of control.

When father got to where I was I just hugged him. I´m definetely going to thank him, I guess Im seeing past all the bad things that have happened between us in the past years... Mom says that means "geting more mature" but I guess it´s just that no matter what there´s always some light even in the darkest night.

2 comments:

  1. Omygosh!! I'm glad you're alive! Phew
    And I think in the end you called your dad because you're a daddy's girl at heart. It's sweet really :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias ^^ I'm just glad I'm not in the hospital.
      hahahaha yeah, well I used to be a daddy´s girl before our relationship went weird but I guess old habits die hard lol

      Delete