Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

These chocolates seem nice but I must say I don´t like chocolate

I´ve drawn and cut papers in heart shape today for the whole life. I had to decorate for valentine´s and I´ve never cut or drawn heart shapes or even mind about it.
Back in highschool me and my bff at that stage of my life used to say that we were going to get a guy to give us presents for that day and then dump him right after... yeah, heartless but it was only because we liked to mock of the crazy romanticism of that day.

I´ve never had a "valentine" and I´ve been ok with that.

My brother´s just come today with a shell, the box of his wedding rings is a shell shaped box. It´s such a beautiful velvet box. The rings were beautiful and what he engraved in them is beautiful as well. In a while he´ll be going to his fiancé house with serenade for her to celebrate this valentines...that´s so close to their wedding day. It´s so hectic for him but he seems so excited, happy and looking forward to please his soon to be wife.

I´ve never had a "valentine" and I´ve just started to think about that.

I read a card my other bff once made for me to celebrate our friendship -we were still highschoolers- and I decided to e-mail my friend to express how much our friendship means to me. It seems that as we grow older, we loose that innocence in which friendship is crucial. Gladly she answered me back. Non of my other friends made any mention to this day. I don´t mind really but it makes me wonder when did we loose that innocence in which we celebrated those little things that are so big, one of them being friendship.

I´ve never had a "valentine" and I´ve been wondering what´s it like

Everyday friendship and love should be celebrated. Everybody says that. No body remembers. But what happens when those invisible things are not even celebrated on the day that every business and company advertises products for people to consume? Is it just business?

I´ve never had a "valentine" and I´ve never really thought about it.

I saw a boy today, he was carrying two pink roses. It was very early in the morning. I asked him who were the roses for... A couple of hours later I saw him comming back with the flowers, almost running to go and hide them. The girl hadn´t accepted them.

I´ve never had a "valentine" and somehow I was glad about it.

My mind has drifted for little bits. It´s gone away to dream, to fantasize about today about that martir who died close to this date for whom today´s called valentine´s day. I wonder why, though. Maybe the mass media has gotten to me, after all I´ve been shoot by their advertisements for years.

I´ve never had a "valentine" and as one of my dear friends said to me once: happy chocolates and spending-money-on-some-gift day.

****
PD: This is my 300th post! yay! but not techinically since it´s my 300th post if I count the drafts which are 50 so far, all of those belong to one label but I´m not really to publish them just yet but I´ve been thinking on making some special post for the official -meaning published- post. -or maybe not- idk haha
PD2: -if that exists- I really liked this poem, it´s very irreverent but nice, it kinda inspired me for this post so I must include it here too 


2 comments:

  1. The part with the kid who's Valentine didn't accept his roses was kinda sad. It's so mean not to accept gifts. Even if you don't want to give someone the wrong idea you could still explain you don't see them that way. Sigh
    That video was cool. I agree with her. Don't use love in superficial ways. It's too important to take lightly. People.....
    Valentine's Day is just another day for me too. Its kinda sad thinking about how I've grown outta holidays. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was sad for him too but in a way I can understand the girl too since sometimes accepting gifts like that could give ppl the wrong idea specially in valentine´s day.
      Yes! I´m glad you liked it! It had it all, it was funny, real, irreverent and so true!

      haha it´s that way for me too, I´ve never celebrated it but somehow yesterday I was wondering about it.

      Delete