Thursday, November 21, 2013

Double Life: Blur

A/N: Im not sure about this one... I guess it´s why it hasn´t been posted in a while but then it feels like a crime that DL hasn´t been updated since so long ago!! I am not completely satisfied with these parts, perhaps because they were writen in a time where everything was a blur for me... so I guess the tittle of this one´s a lot of things, not only for the post but for what it was to write it and to be a writer at that time, in the midst of one of the worst writer´s block that I´ve ever had. No inspiration is quite scary hahaha The A/N seems like it´s going to b longer than the post itself lol so I´ll stop this now.
****
apparently by julie-hamilton


“Are you sure it´s alright for you to stay here? I don´t have a problem in taking you to the place you need to go” Josh said as he parked in the park where he´d picked her. They had gone by the boy´s house to get the rest of Nichole luggage. It had taken a little for Maggie to let her go specially since their trip wasn´t over. She apologized and said she had to go back, to her family Maggie thought but she and Josh knew better. “I can take you, it´s not a problem” he repeated emphatically

“Yeah, here’s fine”
“There´s no pro…”
“I know you´ve got no problem with that but I don´t want Nat to know where I have been”
“Will she get mad or something?” he raised an eyebrow, she laughed
“I couldn´t care less about her getting mad but –she sighed- if she thinks you´re distracting me…I don´t know what she could do”
“It can´t be that bad”
“Trust me in this one, please. I´ll be fine here” she got off the car. He helped her with her suit case
“See you at school” he smiled
“Later boy”

**

“Today´s your last day” Nat said with clipped words in Nic´s hotel room
“Tell me something I don´t know” Nichole rolled her eyes
“You have no idea how stressful it´s been to lie to your father, he´s been mad at me for not finding your targets” the woman related, Nichole shrugged uninterested
“We´re leaving now. You´re doing both these people tonight” Nat informed.

The kill was fast, unceremoniously; Nichole was glad she hadn´t had to dress up or find anything, she only got in a house, touched the sleeping woman and left, after that she was taken to a bar, she only had to wait for the man to go to her, he´d gone to her and grabbed her hand as he left the place. The next two weeks were spent in training. Rox had become better and Vincent seemed to make friends with his fists since he seemed drawn to Nichole after their little fight.

“Strasberg!” Vincent called up to her as she was coming out of the shooting ring, she looked towards the voice.
 “Where did you escaped to?”
“It´s none of your business” she kept walking
“I am your superior, it is my business if I make it so” he said next to her, she laughed
“And why do you make it so?” she raised an eyebrow, he cleared his throat
“Im overseeing your training, it´s my duty that you complete it”
“Right… if I had known you getting beaten made you hot I would´ve done it since day one”
“So you want me hot?”
“Please, I know hotter guys that don´t even need to try!” she rolled her eyes
“Lies” he moved closer to her
“Personal space, Vincent” she said in a warning voice
“Do I make you nervous?”
“You will die if you get closer”
“What? Will you kill me?”
“Leave me alone, Vincent” she quickened her pace and changed her direction

***

“Welcome back everybody” the principal said from the stage of the packed auditorium “Let us make this year a good one filled with your hard-work and best conduct because you are representing Burgeoys at every step of the way. I expect to see all of you here at the end of the school year with many accomplishments and success. We do not wish to send anybody away but for this you must show a proper behavior in and out of school” the principal looked at everybody in the auditorium, the new students shrink a little at it.

“Today as every year –he continued- we welcome new students –he looked at the new students sitting in the front- I congratulate you for entering in our institution and to our old young students that come to the elders side of the school –the man smiled and the new ones flinched a little- you will find that the older students will be helpful in anything you need, one of the seniors will be assigned to you as guides. Seniors, I expect your outmost cooperation and best conduct to guide your younger classmates…”
The man continued in his speech telling students what was expected of them and what they were supposed to do in that first day of school. The man spoke a lot but he had a presence so commanding that hardly anyone dare to move from their place until he finished and made the classes leave with their new homeroom teacher.

When exiting the auditorium Joshua looked for Nichole but she was nowhere be seen. “Maybe she hasn´t come back” he thought.
“Your girlfriend hasn´t come” Aaron elbowed Josh when their classes passed next to the other
“That’s ´cause I don´t have one” Josh said at the same time that his phone vibrated in his pocket. He took it out.

“Classroom?” it said. He typed a quick reply

“I take it that she Just reported” Aaron teased
“I’m sure she´ll appreciate your deep concern about her whereabouts” Josh grinned catching his twin by surprise and leaving him with wide eyes as they moved away

Just as the group was about to enter the classroom the homeroom teacher was called. Josh sat in the desk in the middle of the row that was closes to the windows. All the students entered, the last one in the line was Nichole. Her hair was in a ponytail, the stick of a lollipop between her lips. Before she sat on the desk in front of his, she flashed a quick smile and dropped a milk candy on his desk. He smiled and whispered a “hi, Nic” as the teacher came in.

“As you already know, I will be your homeroom teacher and your chemistry teacher. Now for the dress code, today I can see all of you are properly dressed, congratulations, keep it that way for the rest of the year or you are not coming in …” the teacher continued and Nichole tuned her out, it was some version of what she´d heard over and over.

“We´ll only have a small change this year –the teacher said, Nichole and many others refocused their attention- since Joshua Joined us last year when the school year had already started he´ll be paired with another student with more time in Burgeoys, you –she referred to Josh- will be responsible for the younger student that gets assigned to you, you´ll be his or her guide and your partner will be responsible for you, ok?” she asked and he nodded

“You´ll be paired with Nichole Cristales, ok?” she looked at the girl as if daring her to say no but the girl nodded her approval. After that, the teacher asked took them to the 7th grades, in the other building.

“I’m glad we were partnered –Nic said on the way down- that way I can let you do your thing”
“I won’t let you” he raised his eyebrow
“Yes, you will, you´ll do everything”
“No way!” he said and she gave him her half smile

When they got to the classroom they were assigned, the teachers greeted each other and the 7th homeroom teacher began talking

“Listen up! As you heard our principal, a senior will be with you for this year. They´ll explain you more of their experience here and you´ll see this part of the school with them. You can ask them about it as well. They can let you know which teacher´s the worst –she pointed to herself- who´s the most strict –she pointed to herself again, some seniors chuckled- and all of that –she waved a hand- We´d like you to consider them like your big brothers or sister and now I´ll be telling you who they are, after that you can go with them for the tour of this side of the school, to find your locker, to get your new ID, to see the SCR and the clubs as well as the sports center”

The teachers started to call names; once the students were called they left the room.
“Joshua Arlington and Nichole Cristales –they both took a step forward- you´ll be with Katherine Smitch” Josh noticed Nichole flinched a little it at the mention of the girl´s name. Since they were next to the other, he brushed her hand with his, his fingers against her palm; she glanced his way and hooked her fingers with his for a second before letting go. The young girl went to them. Nichole walked out of the classroom followed by the girl and then Josh

“It´s nice to meet you, Katherine –said Nichole once they exited the building- you can call me Nic” she smiled, her tone was calm and friendly
“Kate” the younger girl seemed to stand straighter “You´re Joshua, right?” she looked at him
“Yup, Josh. Where do you want to go first?”
“To get my ID?”
“Alright, let´s go” Josh said, they started to walk to the office

“How long have you been here, Kate?” Josh asked
“Two years. How about you?”
“I came here last year, the school year had already started but Nichole has been here for a while”
“I know” said the girl somewhat shy. Nichole glanced her way
“You do?” the older girl asked in a calm voice
“Yeah… we… everybody knows you´re the top student”
“You´re famous Nic!” Josh grinned, the girl rolled her eyes
“I still don´t know why” she sighed
“Being the top student would do that, right Kate?” Josh said still grinning
“Yeah, you´re like a mystery!” said Kate and immediately looked like she was afraid she´d said too much
“She is a mystery” Josh agreed
“You two are getting along well” Nichole smiled a little.


The three students walked through the most important places to know of the school, Kate did know the school but not the part where the older students were, Burgeoys kept them separated until they got to seventh grade. They went, like many others, to the library, cafeteria, SCR, the arts building and the sports center. They also got her a map of this part of the school “just in case” Nic said winking

1 comment:

  1. IT'S BAAAAAAAACK! For now anyway and it was so great to experience the dry, flippant attitude of Nic again! Lol
    She was something else her but I guess I can say she was less(or felt less) abrasive here like you still felt her words were true but instead of coming from a grown woman(what she often "feels" like) they were coming from a teenager. It's interesting how much she's changed but stays herself in the process. I'm babbling but I guess I'm saying her guard isn't up as high as it used to be.

    Hahaha I love when she nailed Nat! Teehee I was smiling like a complete fool. Who cares that Karl is pressuring/threatening her! I totally agree. Something else that's funny about that. Something I've never noticed or if I did I don't remember if I mentioned it here or if it stayed in my mind but Nic is like a rich kid with her. How on movies and TV shows how they're independent of their parents in a lot of ways but you can still "see" in their treatment of the help how they were brought up different from a regular kid like Josh hahahahaha it's just funny to think of her as spoiled when she's clearly not. I hope that made sense because I'm not saying she's spoiled it's just how she treats Nat makes me think of that kind of thing.

    Vincent had his eye on her! He's one of those freaks who gets off on being dominated! Lol like he makes him "respect" the girl if she can hold her own with him or something like that! Haha and Nic is just her usual straightforward, semi flirty self and brushing him off like an old gum wrapper ha!!

    When Josh(because I seem to be chatty about Nic it seems) first spoke in his car I swear I had to stop and swallow a choked up feeling before staring the whole thing over from the beginning! Lol he's so cute and natural. I was like yay! His mom trying to make Nic stay was so cute though. Just shows how adorable she is to adults because they're always trying to keep her(even those freaks who find her attractive despite knowing she's too young for them!)!!!
    But the part I think I get but I'd like confirmation on was the part about Josh being a guide. Is it saying that because he's still somewhat new but because he's a senior he can be a guide but Nic is basically his guide still and Kate's?

    Speaking of Kate is that what made Nic flinch? Because her name could be shortened to Kate or that was Kate's whole name(Catherine)? I initially thought it was the girl's last name that made her weary, that maybe she knew someone above the girl like a sibling or parent or something but now I'm thinking its her name being a sore subject(poor Nic either way)! But she hid like a pro as usual. Sigh. I feel sad for her. She really is a monster(not being cruel in any way possible). It's just very sad what she has to live with :( sigh...

    That strict home room teacher was a trip! Lol she reminded me of Josh for some reason I don't know... Crazy haha

    Aaron is so cute. He's finally accepted his loss(he accepted it a while back it seems but I don't remember if I said anything about it). It's good that he has because he used to make me mad at him and think him a bad brother trying to make a play for a girl you clearly know your brother has a special connection/relationship with! It's like he wasn't even thinking of what would have happened had she been crazy enough to give him a chance and they ended in a bad way?! Josh would have to choose sides and that's no good for him :/ But I'll admit I did like their "not" triangle while it was there. It was funny and even interesting in that way where (at least to me) it seems like there was something there for both of them in different ways and on different levels. Sigh I don't know... I'm just going on and on so I'll stop here! Haha
    Welcome back and it was great seeing them again even if it was for a short time :)

    ReplyDelete