Saturday, November 30, 2013

Double Life: Nat

A/N: a short one but it had to be that way hahaha ... I found a few pictures for this post, one that made me think of the first time my boy saw Nat hahaha I think I´ll put it at the end lol but because of the character and how she is and what´s next I think this one´s better

Saku, I think this one will answer a few things that you were wondering in your last comment, the part about the money and what Nic does/will do about it. Oh and I agree with what you said about her using her looks when necessary

***



I hope you´d been smart enough to keep this journal for yourself; I can only pray you´re clever enough. It´s taken me a while, you know, I hope my last thoughts are not wasted in Nati or Karl. This, Nicky, is only for you. I hope the letter and pictures had been enough to make you keep it and read it, I need you to do that, I’m counting on it and though perhaps you´ll think you owe me nothing, remember I and my loved ones died under your hand, but enough of the mix of a granny letter and hateful victim, the sole purpose of this is to tell you who you really are.

Haven´t you wonder the how´s and why´s of your existence? Well, my Nicky, I am giving you the gift of knowledge to you… in a simple way, darling, because I had to destroy all the other papers or Nati would´ve stolen my life work besides the prize:  you.

A bizarre thought comes to my mind, how´s Nati? And how’s your father-puppeteer? Because you, Nicky, are their puppet. I bet you´ll think like me once you know what I have to tell you.

Let me tell you about her first, Nati, you call her Natasha Strasberg, a smart woman and your care-taker of sorts, you trust her, don’t you? You shouldn’t, not really. Has she told you how you came to be? She knows it all, my letter told you so, she knows it all and more… once our experiment went wrong, she went to Karl, I seriously doubt that Karl had have the guts to make Miriam’s child an assassin if he hadn’t have Nati’s influence. Don’t be tricked by her ways, have you seen her fearful eyes? How she gets when she feels threaten? How she gives in? No, Nicky, she does not give in, she does not give up, she´s just waiting the right time to attack.

Without her contribution you probably wouldn’t be Karl´s puppet, without her contribution you probably wouldn’t b Karl´s puppet. Her contribution for you to become a failed experiment was important, very important.

 She looks like a rich woman, is she? I bet she is. She barely had anything besides her brain when we let her be part of our research. She had more brain than what we thought and now she seems to have much more money too, you must have produced a high profit. Why do you think she tolerates you? You´re her gold mine, why do you think she pampers you, I know she deals with your mood and that scowl? She´s not wealthy or free enough yet. Doesn’t she come to bite you back somehow when you least expect it? She´s a master mind, maybe it´s not Karl who´s the puppeteer controlling you… Nati must be that.

These words had made Nichole angry, it did describe Nat´s character, she’d suspected she knew more, she knew Nat was a rich woman because of what she did. She knew Nat was the one finding the victims for her, she knew Nat organized it all so that she could be the monster as much as possible, she knew Nat was a very smart woman and one that could appear docile and frightened if she chose so. Nichole believed what the old lady´s words said, the words about Nat controlling her had been true, specially with the way she was feeling, sad and betrayed.

“Not anymore!” Nic had kicked the ground and gone back to Burgeoys, four hours later, in the evening, she had stood in the middle of her room silently planning her next move. She had gotten a shower, she had eaten dinner, she had looked for a backpack, she had packed only the most basic clothes, she had put in her laptop, her little treasure chest with the least expensive jewelries she owned but that were more precious than the rest, her drawing pad, pens and pencils, Ash´s and mii´s pictures and her gloves. She had gone to the window sill, got out and removed the bricks that hid years of savings, some changed  to jewelry, finally she´d sent an e- mail from Nat´s hacked e-mail address to the infirmary to report she was sick, then another to Val to tell her not to disturb ‘the girl’. She´d left the faucet in the bathroom opened in case Val decided to come up and use her master key.


She had stood on the window sill and closed the windows, she’d jump to the ground and swiftly walked to the woods, she had thought of going and saying goodbye to josh but she’d known he´d either convince her to stay or the knowledge of her leaving would put him in danger, Nat could go to him and she´d know that he knew about her whereabouts even if he lied. 

She left. 

**************
the other pix

1 comment:

  1. The top picture was a good one but I really like this bottom one! It's like what Nat looks in my mind!(except for some reason I imagine her with purple hair. Don't ask why because even I don't know!). The top works for the post though because she's all mysterious and covered up. Very creepy pretty like Nat. Jerk....

    Is it crazy that I was actually slightly defensive of Nat in this one?!!!? It was nuts but I guess I felt like she was getting all the blame and she doesn't deserve all the blame. Karl has a brain and enough resources to make up his own mind about HIS child! I'm not cutting him any slack :-p Sorry(not to you but to the letter lol).
    But man, this woman could not stand Nat! Lol it was so funny and it kind of made me create this whole story in my head of them in the lab with a bunch of guy scientists who gave Nat all the attention because she was pretty and new and young and this lady was older and nerdy looking and so she was jealous of Nat's attention because she thinks woman should be admired for their brains even though the week after Nat arrived she came with her hair down instead of her usual bun lol crazy right?!?!? Lol but yeah she sounded so jealous of Nat in this letter! Grrrrrr... My brain hurts from defending her >_<

    I had a feeling she wasn't spending all the money she was given. She doesn't do anything but buy a few snacks when she's in town. Not enough to spend hundreds of dollars. And she could always pawn that crappy expensive jewelry Nat gave her but she didn't bring any... It would have been useful for her finally :-p haha but I like that she hid it in plain sight basically. I wonder why she brought all that personal stuff with her if she doesn't want attachments? Hmm...?

    Oh and what was so adorable was as I was reading when the lady asked her if she'd fallen for Nat's nonsense and she couldn't deny that she had. It was so cute because she's so smart and suspicious of people but with Nat she lets herself be fooled into thinking she has the upper hand despite Nat always showing(at least to me) her arrogance to her. She never saw it and that is just so cute because she shows her age in the craziest moments! Like you never know when she'll act like a teenage girl but with Nat she often does! I've always believed that Nat was still hiding the things she knew and the crazy thing is so did Nic but she let herself believe that the things Nat knew weren't seriously relevant to her own self and that's why she didn't threaten her as hard as she could have(just my thoughts there not facts of course). Another thing about Nic/Nat is that I feel like Nic never seriously threatens her because 1. She's her connection to her family(Karl/Mii) and 2. Nat's kind of the only constant person she has in her life so maybe there's some sentimentality there I don't know just thinking of things...

    Despite it being about my nemesis I liked this post! Lol it had my mind running in ten directions! Stupid Nat >_<

    ReplyDelete