Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fallen angel



Chapter 2: ****Principles****

During my conversations with him –the only ones I had, at all- I learned that he was scaping his reality too. He didn’t say it explicitely but it was clear to me. I didn’t ask. I didn’t feel the need to do it. Neither of us asked those type of questions. I guess we liked that from each other.
Without noticing I stopped going to the park, to the same spot, just to get away from my house but also I started to go to listen to this guy that had somehow befriended me, an almost impossible task. My heart didn’t ache so much in the afternoons anymore and when I felt gloomy I wished for afternoons to come. I was so accustom to him that when he started to hug me tightly I just hugged him back as if he were one of my lost beloved relatives.
I started to smile again and to talk a little more, to question him about himself, about his likes mostly, about things he enjoyed. I loved to listen to that for some unknown reason.
By that time he felt so much like  a friend, like family that I guess I would have been able to handle any confession of a sin from him without flinching, without running away, without moving, not even an inch.
There was not any confession of a sin but a confession of his true nature.
“what do you think about demons?” he said once
“I don’t know, why?” I answered. He stayed in silence for a moment, like pondering whether to say something or not.
“what would you say if I tell you ...I´m a demon?” he said at last. His sight away from me.
It took me a minute to anwer, because I had to assess such nature with my life principles. They said to held in comptent those beings called demons but I knew I could never despise this demon, the one that for some reason hadn´t get bored of me, the one that didn´t prompt me for answers but gave me answers. No matter that he was calling himself a demon he had been like an angel to me.
“nothing” I said firmly “it doesn’t matter. You are still Ayon, the nice guy I met in the park, you are still my friend”.
That was my answer, I finished with a smile and the realization that my words were real, they felt good when I said them, it was true, I didn’t care no matter if my ´so called´principles –not made by me but taken as a mere copy of my ancestors- said they were bad or that it was no good to be friends with them. Just like that the set of principles in my head changed.
“thank you, Aka Eimi, I knew you were a nice girl” he sounded relieved, more peaceful, almost happy I can say.
Now that I think about it, he had been saying that he was a demon practically since we first met. I couldn’t understand why he said certain things. For example he used to say that I was good and he was bad, that I was light and he was darkness. At the moment I just smiled but I was the one that felt like darkness.
I had only noticed that he was running away form his reality but I hadnt thought what kind of reality that was.
 He used to mention Shiloe, an acquantance of him, more than that actually,  first I thought she was a friend of his, his dearest. He talked about her a lot, every day I would listen to her name mixed in our conversations, his eyes got lighter when he said her name, and his cheecks became  a little blushed, I could tell that he really cared about her.
As time went by, after knowing who he truly was, I learned that Shiloe was more than his dearest friend, she was the one he loved. She knew it somehow and lured him, tempt him all the time. He fell in love with her but it was a one side love. She didn’t love him, not that much.
He not only fell in love with her, he FELL.
He used to be an angel, I said, well he stopped being one when he fell for Shiloe, when he decided that love was bigger and more precious than anything else, when he felt in his heart that nothing mattered more than Shiloe.
Angels can love, and they do it, but his love for Shiloe was beyond barriers, beyond all expectations, she was a demon. Angels sometimes have friendship with demons specially when they´re young, it is ok, but after certain time those bonds always dissapear and they must never fall in love with any demon, that´s just unthinkable for all angels. If they do, they fall from heaven just like the first angel that revealed himself before God. If they do it, they stop being angels, they become demons…and loose everything they had.
That was the reality Ayon was running form. He had fallen, he was no longer an angel, his love for Shiloe made him ignore this, but he was in pain, both phisically and emotionally. He hadn´t confess his love, something very hard to hide for angels, he hadn´t obey the rules, he was getting weaker because of this. His heart ached because he wasn´t sure if Shiloe could ever love him the same way. His family, he was afraid of loosing his family of angels, in fact, he knew he had lost them already, they just didn’t know about him, but to tell them was to loose them twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment