Friday, July 23, 2010

Fallen angel



chap 15***RainY***
It was a rainy weekend. A rainy Sunday afternoon. Just after lunch, Ayon and I were hanging out at my place. He had invited himself and I was thrilled with that.
He always had stories to tell me. It had been almost two years since we had met but he was still the one that did most of the talking or it felt that way.
Most of the stories he tells me have to do with his impression on life. Abstract things mostly but sometimes they could be as simple as the colors of the last sunrise or as complicated as how a soul gives in to its desires even if such desires are no good. The one of “giving in to desires” made me laugh because it made think he had somehow realized what I was feeling. Maybe he knew me that much due to the amount of time and energy we had share during our time together.
The door bell rang. We both looked each other. It was strange ´cause the only one that knocked on my door –sometimes- was already in the house. I got up. Ayon followed me. I opened the door.
“Chris!” I said surprised. The fair young man smiled, leaning to kiss my cheeck.
“Hello Eimi!” he said  “sorry to come unannounced but I already have the papers you asked for”
“oh!” I thought it was odd for someone to come to my house only to give me some papers when in a few hours we were going to see each other again “well, come in, you´re getting wet there!” Once in the living room I reminded myself that it was good manners to introduce people to each other. “this is Chris, the new friend I talked you about…” I said to Ayon “and this is Ayon” I said to Chris.
They shook hands. Ayon examining Chris´appereance, energy, in a subtle way but noticeable to me.
I went to bring some drinks. We sat. They both had followed me to the kitchen and helped me to bring their own drinks.
“I´ve heard a lot about you” said Chris to Ayon in a conversational way
“really?” said Ayon half smiling, glancing at me with a questioning look.
“he knows I think  you´re interesting” I said blushing while fighting  to sound as if I had said it with less interest “he is the friend at work” I repeated to change the subject “his father was a friend of father though  I´ve never met him before he camed to work at the company… I guess I had heard of him though, I´m not sure…when he came there I didn’t know who he was” I smiled at Chris. Ayon rolled his eyes. It made me laugh. “yes, you know how I am” I said to him. We both smiled.
“I´ve always been on boarding schools though I did know who she was…” Chriss added to the story. Then I remembered the reason for Chris´ visit.
“it was ok if you had given that to me tomorrow” I said pointing the papers he had brough. I felt guilty too for he had worked a lot. I saw it in the dark shadows under his eyes.
“I just wanted to give them to you as soon as possible… since I know you like eficiency” he said smiling “and… you remember I´m going on a bussiness trip… so I wanted to see if you wanted to ask anything about it” he always sounded so sweet and happy even if he seemed so tired. I found that strange.
I took the folder and gave it a quick look. It seemed ok… anyway it was not like I couldn’t call him or e-mail him in case of doubt or disagreement on his ideas.
“I think it´s ok” I said putting away the folder. I saw Ayon´s eyes fixed on me. I was seated at his feet, on the floor.
“have you been feeling better?” Chris interrupted my thoughts. The last time he had seen me besides being gloomy for my demon-angel absence I had have a horrible headache, maybe one was the cause of the other…
“I´m ok now, it´s sweet of you to ask, thanks” we both smiled. An unconfortable silence took the scene for a moment.
“Won´t you go out to eat something with me?” he asked “or you guys have eaten already?” his happy voice was still there. I just couldn’t understand how come he could sound that way. He was clearly embarrased.
“well, I asure you this girl” both guys looked at me  “will tell you she is still full with lunch” Ayon said grinning. He was right. I didn’t feel like eating. I only smiled and leaned my head to Ayon´s knees.
“well, then I guess I´d better go pack” Chris said with his characteristic soft tone that made him sound happy all the time. That was admirable to me.
 He and I stood up and walked to the door. I felt Ayon was behind us. I said goodbye to Chris and he leaned to kiss me goodbye. I corresponded him. It was a first ´cause I never feel confortable using kisses as greetings or with kisses at all but it felt ok to do it with Chriss.
“bye Ayon” said Chis. Ayon only nodded.
Ayon and I went back to the living room. I sat on the floor. He on the couch. We said nothing for a while though there was no uncomfortable silence.
“will you check that report?” he asked
“I´d rather talk to you” I said being honest. He giggled.
“it´s ok if you do it, it is part of your work… I´ll  be here taking a nap” he said smiling  while making himself confortable on the couch. He closed his eyes and fell silent. I smiled and took the folder that laid on the coffee table. I knew he didn’t need to `nap`. He was only giving me time to work. I started to read the report Chris had written.
Ayon didn’t nap at all. He started to play with strands of my hair making it all messy. He even put some in my face. I only smiled and kept on reading. A while went by.
“I don’t like the way this sound” I said more talking to myself “what do you think” I said then, automatically, handing the paper to Ayon. He didn’t took it.
“just call Chris and ask him” he said a little harsh.
“I´m asking you!” I said still waiting for him to take the paper
“I´m sure he´ll be able to help you way more than me”
“I need your help now!” I said a little annoyed by his stubborness. I only needed an opinion.
“you don’t need me. You have him” he said in a plain voice “you wont even miss me anymore…you have him to help you” he continued with a lost stare. I turned to see him. It was a strange thing for him to say such things… it almost sounded as if he was…
“are you jealous or something?” I asked  “of course I need you and I miss you a lot when you´re not around” I said after asking the prior question. I didn’t let him talk… I felt that it was ridiculous for me to think he was jealous of me and Chris, a mere collegue.
“let me see” he said stretching his hand towards the paper. I gave it to him. He game me a comment.
“let´s go out” I said after he finished.
“it´s raining out there” he said, getting up and holding his hair in a pony tale
“will the demon-prince catch a cold?” I said teasingly
“no, but the human girl might” he said “go and put on a raincoat and warm clothes, I´ll bring the umbrella” he added. I went to my bedroom.
When I came down he was already at the door with the open umbrella.
“you didn’t took one for me?” I asked getting mad
“this one´s for you” he said moving his hand to make me get out of the house
“what ´bout you? You´ll get wet! I´ll go bring one for you too”
“come out now, you girl! The demon-prince wont get sick, remember?” he sad and then smiled. I rolled my eyes “besides, this is a big umbrella you have, four person could fit in here!”
The rain got lighter so we went walking withough destin Only walking and talking about everything and really about nothing.
We turned to a corner and found a little caffee. We saw each other and decided to come in, withouth words. It end up being a nice Sunday. He left late after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment