Friday, April 6, 2012

Double Life: Talks


It was Aaron, a speechless Aaron. He looked from his twin to Nichole and back to his twin.
 “I think you should close the door” Nichole said nonchalantly getting up to close the door herself.
“What´s she doing here? Weren´t you at her place?” Aaron quickly whispered his brother

“I was on my way out” Nichole said “Later, twins”
“Wait” Aaron stopped her. That´s weird, she thought but stopped and faced him “I... I wanted to apologize for the other day... “
 “All in the past” she said with her usual tone of disinterest. She had been slowly walking towards the window. Only Josh noticed it. Aaron leaned a little to whisper to his twin and she took advantage of that to leave.

“She was helping me to put this bandages, that´s all” Josh answered out loud the whispers of his twin who looked around towards where she had been and blinked when he noticed she wasn´t there anymore.
“When did she leave?” Aaron asked looking around. Josh only smiled “that´s pretty impressive...that and her way of walking, I´ll give you that” Aaron commented
“What do you mean?”
“I mean that even though she´s a weirdo she´s not so bad and if you want to be with her, I´m ok with it” “Are you crazy? I don´t need your approval to be with whoever I want to be and I´m not with her”
“Right... which is why you walk around half naked while she´s on your bed telling you what to wear, ah yes, and you woke up on her bedroom somewhere that you are not supposed to be and let´s not forget that she just took the same risk by being in your room”
“Aaron you can be so annoying sometimes, and that´s my shirt!”
“Ah, don´t change the subject and now you know how it feels... looks like we´ve changed roles”
“No, you´re just watching things where there´s nothing to see”
“So, you spending the night in her room...”
“It was late”
“Ah sure, sure, you just decided to not come at all and sneak in to her room”
“ok, it might not seem so reasonable now but it seemed that way at the time” Josh had to say that since there was no way he´d tell his twin that he had gotten shot after sneaking out the school

“But what happened to your arm anyways?”
“I fell” Josh said a little too quick.
“I don´t believe you” Aaron squinted his eyes
“I fell over thorny bushes while climbing to her window”
“Oh, so you were doing Romeo” Aaron laughed
“Give me my shirt” Josh tried to change the subject again knowing that his brother wouldn´t let go the Romeo joke.
“Ah, come on! don´t get mad... Now I know why you were not interested in anyone the other day, the girls were hot and you didn´t pay any attention to them!”
“Hot and shallow might work for you but not for me”
“Right, you prefer sexy-cat-like-walk, nonchalant weirdos” Aaron laughed again
“Sexy-cat-like-walk? seems like you´ve been watching closely” Josh lifted and eyebrow
“Mh, you agree, don´t you? and I have, gotta problem with that?”
“How can you have the hots for her and call her weirdo at the same time?”
“I´m just stating a fact” Aaron said laying down on his twin’s bed
“You don´t know that, you have never talked to her”
“But you have and you think just like me”
“No I don´t”
“I know you´re lying”
“Can I just be friends with her?”
“Boys and girls are never just friends... there´s always something...”
“I disagree with that”
“Right, you ´ll see I´m right”
“That won´t happen, I´m not you”
“You are like me with the difference that you´ve found one that seems to be able to easily beat you down” “You´d know that since she already broke your and your friend´s nose, wouldn´t you?” Josh grinned mischievously.
“If you keep spending the nights with her you might be the one getting in trouble and I mean it”
“It was a one time thing”
“Are you sure about that?”
“Yeah, yeah”

 ***
“That was so close” Nic murmured to herself. She had climbed into a tree, she was resting in one of the branches. It was quiet and even if someone passed there -which was unlikely- she wouldn´t be spotted. Her phone buzzed in her jacket pocket. She sighed. She was well aware of who was calling her and receiving calls was never a good thing. She wished her father let Camille call her at least once. She knew he was not going to give in but she had tried to persuade him into letting her call and the little girl had cried for weeks begging him. Her mother had even punished her which caused an argument between Nic´s father and stepmother. One thing came out of it though, once a month Nichole was able to spend a day with Camille, of course Celia´s presence was a must in those gatherings but she had been a friend of Nichole´s mother and in a way she was like a mother to Nic. One more week, Nic sighed before answering. One more week for her one day with her little sister.

 “Your little trip to the town left two victims” a harsh voice said. Nichole remained silent. “Who else was with you?” the man asked. Nichole felt her stomach clench, she was worried that there waaas anything left that led her father to think about Josh but she was certain that she had made sure to take Josh into the woods before anyone could see them. Her heart was racing but she was well trained to hide her emotions and she was glad for that right now.
 “You know my reputation here at school, plus who could keep up to my pace?” she said as to prove no one could´ve been with her. She hoped she didn´t have to lie.
“Val called me one of these days” he said.
“She sent you her regards one of these days” Nichole said as if nothing as wrong, she knew her father was telling her he knew about Josh’s visit to her bedroom. Val, the dorm supervisor, had reported that to his father but she was not going to sound worried about that even though she didn´t know what would come out of it.
“I don´t have to clean up after you if anything happens” he said coldly
“The man attacked me, the other one saw me” she said imitating his voice “even though I can do what I do, I am not immortal”
“I won´t pay a dime for another ...roomate” he warned. She felt hurt.
“I can clean up for myself”
 “Do not mess things up”
“Your watchmen won´t let it happen”
“Get ready. The car will be waiting” he said and hung up.
“won´t you give me a break” she said to the phone and shut her eyes close.

 She jumped at once and slowly walked to her building. It was four in the afternoon. She entered the building and saw Val who stared at her. She wanted to let her see that she didn´t care what she had done, that it hadn´t caused distress to her but in fact it had. Now her father was aware of Josh and that was dangerous. Nichole knew that if she let her eyes show how angry she was Val would get satisfied so instead she smirked. She knew Val hated it.
 “Val” she nodded to the woman while smirking and swiftly walked to the stairs.
A group of girls were coming down the stairs, they said something but Nichole had learned to tuned them out so she kept walking. One girl was walking alone behind the rest of the group. Intentionally she got closer to Nichole when passing by her.

 “The twins are mine” the girl hissed pushing Nichole a little, who stopped and grinned widely as if amused. “All yours Michelle, I don´t think they´d appreciate being called objects though” Nichole kept smirking
“I´m prettier than you and I can have them whenever I want” she said angry
“Way prettier, Michelle, that´s why you´ve have them all, or rather them all have had you”
“You, little..” Michelle made the motion as to slap Nichole who looked at her intently
“Don´t even dare” Nichole said with a calm voice that contrasted with the look in her eyes. Michelle backed off and grunted as she turned to leave.

 I wonder if Josh would leave me alone if he were to hook up with Michelle, Nichole thought, maybe he´d be safe from me. No, he´d try to make us friends, he can´t help it. His twin´s right, he´s into weirdos and for his bad luck he came to the place where the queen of them inhabits. Nichole laughed a little laugh that gained strange looks from the few girls walking down the halls. Now they´ll think I´ve gone totally crazy, she thought, oh, well, who cares?


__________-
AN: I can´t believe that it´s harder to find images that express what I want for this story. In a way it was easier with Fallen Angel, it did take me a long while but eventually I got an image that made me feel that the chapter was represented but now... it´s become imposible to find an image... I wish I could do my own images...

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Sexy-cat-like-walk-nonchalant girls. That was so cute and too rich. I both love and dislike Aaron. He's so funny and he wears his thoughts and emotions on his sleeve but that makes him insensitive at times. :D
    For some strange reason I liked when Nic said "all in the past" to Aaron's apology. It was cool.
    Michelle has a mouth on her. Josh barely gave her his full attention when they talked. Poor delusional girl. Lol. She backed off though, she knew Nic would of dropped her! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe I wonder if a guy would actually say that though. Well, Aaron is that guy, easy to like, easy to hate lol.

    As always, thx for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine they'd say something of the like or along those lines.
      He's funny though and I adore the scenes with him and Josh. I really get the sense they're twins and not brothers(if that makes sense)

      Delete
  3. Lol. Aaron said Josh was trying to play Romeo! Im cracking up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wasn´t it funny? that line totally wrote itself! but I think it was so what Aaron would say so I left it there ^^

      Delete