Monday, April 9, 2012

Looking Forward to...

I´ve noticed I´ve been sad and going down that road again and again. I´ve always been on the "half empty" side but I remember that when little I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted and what I was going to get and what I was going to work for to get and I did, I got all my academic goals, I learned what I wanted to learn but then, after that in my child mind I never thought what would come after that, it only seemed like a golden glow ahead of me, maybe somehow I never thought I´d get to after my goal but I´ve gotten there and I´ve felt empty because my dreams ended there and the rest was just a misty golden glow of a bright future that doesn´t seem to be clear to me.

I was thinking about that last night, last night, the Easter Day, when Jesus comes back to life, bringing life to us. It is a very special day for me because that day it is a very special day for my mom. She got baptized that day and though I´m not religious I can clearly remember that day and the feel of peacefulness that I felt in church that day. I often wish to go back to that temple to just sit there and feel that sense of completion and peacefulness that I felt when I was a child; anyway, Easter Day is special for us and  I guess it brought something, it made my dreams to come back to life somehow. So here is what I dreamed:

1. Reading the paper I saw an article about the Lux in Arcana which is an exposition of over 100 documents of the secret files of the Vatican that include the papers related to the assassination of Galileo Galilei and similar things. I really want to see it. It´s open only until September. I want to go. I, of course, do not have money for that but something has to happen. I must go. I´m going, I don´t know how but something must happen that allow me to go and see many centuries of story.

2. I´m studying literature but not here in my little country where not a single college has it but somewhere else, I´m not sure where yet but I´m going, tomorrow, to find information on scholarships so that I can go and study. And today, I´m searching for places to study that.

3. I´m publishing a book, I must have at least one published book, even if it´s in the end of my life.

4. I´m learning french. I know I can learn it fast. There has to be a way for me to get the money to go to a language academy to learn that language.

5. I´m visiting the Louvre Museum and sit there for a long time just watching the masterpieces of those great people.

I´ll probably get more as the time goes by but for now those are my brand new dreams. I´m going to get them, I know I can do it. I´m looking forward for the day where I can write the posts talking about how great´s been to get those dreams.

1 comment: