Saturday, June 30, 2012

Left behind



I know I´m sleeping but then maybe that means I´m not really sleeping, right? no, I definetely know I´m sleeping. I can feel my soft and only pillow that I let my head to rest on and that I just started to use because the first time I lay my head on it it reminded me of the feeling I got when I once slept over someone's chest. I must be asleep, I also sense the hard little balls that for some reason I know are black that are the stuffing of my stuffed piggy that I can´t let go when I sleep or else I just put my hands on a fist that only hurts myself since my not-really long nails clip into my skin. I also feel my bed and the very old but very comfortable blanket and... well everything indicates I´m sleeping on my room.... but then, why am I looking through my window? why am I looking through my eyelids to be precise? is that even possible, I must be sleeping and not only sleeping but dreaming.

In a far distance it seems to be a light, a firefly? ok then why is it growing brighter and bigger? that´s definetely not a firefly. The little spot got bigger and brighter but it wasn´t the kind of brightness that hurts your eyes but a very nice light, a golden light, I´d say like the sun when it´s setting but not as yellow, it had that feeling of warmth though but not hot, only warmth.

I started to see a shadow comming from the golden warm light. For what I see, it´s a man, one that I´ve never seen before, he has a nice face and kind eyes, he´s not particularly handsome but I wouldn´t call him ugly either, he´s just nice and kind and warm as the light he´s comming from... He keeps walking in that light and of course he seems to grow bigger as he gets closer. I´m not sure how I´m able to see him, he´s not only outside my window that´s covered by a fabric courtain and a thicker courtain, yes, two courtains, also, my eyes are closed. He goes through the window and the fabric and the other courtain.

As he walks closer to me, I decide that I like him, he seems nice. He keeps walking until he reaches the base of my bed... but it seems he doesn´t find it close enough, he goes through my mattress, as if he was a ghost of some kind but I know he´s no ghost, just at my feet he stops and lift one of his hands in a graceful non-threatening way. I want to take that hand, I know if I take it I´ll get up and who knows, maybe we´ll leave from where he came from.

I lift my hand ready to take his, he´s kind and seems to be smiling though he´s not really smiling. as I´m about to take his, my hand is just not long enough and I can´t even graze his fingers with mine. I know he grinned though once again his face never changed but I know he did, not in a malicious way, he just grinned kindly and then left in the same way he had come in but faster.

I opened my eyes and my hand was reaching out to... what I had seen, I guess. I inmediately felt a sense of loss. I wanted to take his hand but I just couldnt get up. I really wanted to go but he grinned as he left and well... I was left behind.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of someone on the verge of death but at the last moment is pulled back. Kind of like if you flatlined. You'd be dead. But the doctors bring you back. Im probably sounding crazy because I can't really explain it....
    I liked how the man smiled but didnt smile. Makes me think of expressions where the person is smiling with their eyes but not with their face. Like a softness
    I actually feel stirred inside by this.... Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m glad it made you feel something, and softness is definitely a good thing. This was actually my dream from Monday night... My family was kind of worried because of it and my reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete