Saturday, September 15, 2012

Double Life: Rainy Night




The sun had set early that day; the parents had gone away before dinner. Nichole had managed to escape another meal with an angry Michelle. Josh and his mom never got to the art exhibition and Miranda had been praising someone she disliked.

Nichole was laying on her bed listening to her playlist and the wind caressing the trees when suddenly she heard something hitting her window. She got up slowly and peeked outside the window. There was a figure out there. She smiled and considered going back to bed but instead she opened her window and waved, then she motioned for the boy out there to wait. She grabbed her jacked and as she was about to jump out she saw him shiver and hug himself for a moment. It was windy; he was still wearing his uniform.

It was getting windier. She shook her head as she grabbed a scarf and jumped out of her window landing close to where he was.
“Hi” he said as she put the scarf on his neck
“Thanks”
Nichole started to walk to the tress with Josh next to her.
“Thank you for joining us at the tea thing and at lunch too”
“Let me tell you that was many times better than lunch” she winked but he didn’t notice, it was too dark for him to really see.
“How can you even see?” he asked tripping.
“I just know the path”
“So you tripped a lot before?”
“Not really” she answered and he tripped again, she grabbed him by his arm. “How do you do when you’ve gone to the wall?”
“It´s always been in moon nights but tonight´s really dark”
“I think it´s going to rain tonight”

“Yeah, it´s really cold”
“Oh, let´s go back” Nichole stopped
“No, no, it´s ok. I´m ok” he smiled “where are we going?”
“Nowhere, really, I just like walking in the woods”
“Then, let´s get back, get back, this fabric´s thin” he pointed to his shirt. She chuckled.
“All right, let´s get back”

As they were slowly walking back to Nichole´s building it started to rain, it was a light rain that quickly became a storm.
“Agh! –Josh grunted glaring at the sky. Nichole saw him and smiled
“Since we´re going to get wet, you should enjoy the rain” she said looking up. Josh rolled his eyes, he felt cold.
“We´ll catch a cold” he said walking faster.
“I don’t catch colds”
“You’ll catch one if you don´t hurry” he prompted
“No, it´s true, I don´t catch cold”
“Are you saying you don’t get sick?” he stopped walking; she caught up to where he was.
“yeah” she smiled enjoying the feeling of the drops against her skin.
“I´ve seen you sick before”
“That´s not true” she frowned
“Two times, I´ve carried feverish you” he started to walk again. She glared at his back.
“I wasn´t sick, I was wounded” she sighed; he stopped and stared at her.
“What do you mean?”
“Never mind… you know you should walk from here to your dorm”
“There you go again” he sighed heavily
“What?”
“Pushing me away”
“I´m just being practical, you said you´d get sick”
“Fine” he started to walk away
“Are you mad at me again?” she asked surprising herself.
“No, I´m ok” Josh turned his head to say and then walked away.
“Josh” she called, once again he turned around to face her. It was dark but he could see her stretched hand. He walked to her and she met him half way.

“So you were mad at me”
“A little bit” he admitted after a while
“It´s  ok” she lightly squeezed his hand
“Is it?”
“Yeah, that way you are in less danger to be accidentally hurt by me”
“You are always so careful” he squeezed her hand.
“If I were you wouldn´t be here” she half smile letting go of his hand.
“Do you really…?” he trailed off, still walking next to her. They had gotten to the entrance of her building. Light escaped through the windows and the glass doors.

“Not anymore but it´s necessary” she tilted her head a little as she heard the rain becoming a storm, the wind blew hard whistling as it went through the trees. “Now, come in quick” she motioned for him to follow her. “Quick, quick” she whispered as they passed through the empty lobby, to the common living room and up the stairs to her room.
They were soaking wet. Nichole went into the bathroom to get changed, when she came out she found Josh sitting on the floor.
“Why are you there?”
“To avoid your bed or chair get wet?”

“ok… I didn´t think this properly… your cloth is wet and I doubt any of my cloth will fit you”
“I´ll go” he said standing up
“No, you won’t.  This rain´s dangerous, wait for it to pass… I´ll find you something” she walked to her closed and started to rummage for something for him to wear.

“You´ll have to do with one of my pajamas” when she turned around he was bare-chested. She blinked a few times despite herself as she took in his figure. He smirked.
“Like what you see?” he was boosted by her reaction.
“Yeah, you´re not bad” she gained her stance back “Your brother is much more defined though” she teased smirking.
“That´s what he said of you” he sounded somewhat offended. He got up and took the pajama pants.
“I bet he did… You know how twins are supposed to be alike?” she said. Josh knitted his eyebrows. “you and your brother when seeing for the first time are the copy of the other but you are really different, your mole- she pointed his mole near his right eye, your less build chest –she poked her tongue at him, he glared- and you´re way nicer than him, not in a million years I could have him here…”
“Thanks” his green eyes seemed to brighten a little.
“He saw me in swimsuit and is telling about it and you saw me without shirt and I´m sure you haven’t mentioned it” she said as he walked to the bathroom, he turned to see her but she was with her back to him sitting on her bed taking off her gloves.

“You look funny!” she chuckled when he came out of the bathroom wearing her pajama pants and still bare-chested.
“I’m here for your entertainment” he said sarcastically.
“Here” she tossed him a scarf and a blanket. “Use that bed for now”
“Why don´t they remove this bed if anyone´s going to be put in here?” he sat on the extra bed
“Technically anybody could be placed as my roommate, that’s why it´s still there, besides if it wasn´t here you´d be on the floor” she put on her left glove.
“You don´t have to do that” he pointed her gloves
“Yes, I do”
“I´ll be good and stay here”
She stared at him for a moment then she smiled and wore the other glove.

“Do you think the rain will end soon?” he asked after a while. She´d been reading a book, he music had been playing.
“No, I don´t think so… so you should lay down for a bit, it´s getting late” Nichole put away her book and turned off the lights. “Night, Josh”
“Night, Nic”

8 comments:

  1. Waaaaah. It ends so soon. :*(
    So cute to. I swear I'm over here less than a foot away from the computer screen! Lol. I feel like I may need glasses soon. Lol. The more I read the closer I got.
    Josh is hot and slim. Just how I like 'em. I don't care for those buff guys. The slender guys like Josh(maybe Aaron) are more my taste.
    I like how she still put on the glove at the end. She's knows him better than he knows himself. He doesn't remember how he always grabs for her hand whenever something happens. So freakin' adorable.

    I also like when he was about to leave because when she asked if he was mad, I asked he same thing. I was like, "No Nic! This will be just like last time before your dream!!" Lol. Luckily she thought similar thoughts and talked him down. Phew

    When she saw his chest - LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I´m happy you think so but this one is longer than the prior.

      uh, be careful ;)
      yeah, that way they are cuter. mh he likes to be close to her, but he is not conscious of it, not completely at least.

      yeah, she didn´t want it to end up like that either.

      lol --later when I read it all I was like "what?" n blushing a bit hahaha but I was so into the story as I was writing that it ended up like this hahahaha

      Delete
  2. This picture made me think they'd be dancing in the rain. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? nope, but she was enjoying the rain and she was happy being there, despite lunch she was happy out there.

      Delete
    2. she was enjoying it. it was so cute. josh rained on her parade. Lol. I like the mini argument they had about her being "sick" before they went in. I love when people I like argue, weird I know but it's interesting to me. I like seeing the types of things that might get said

      Delete
    3. I guess she did^^

      u like seeing arguments? why?

      Delete
    4. I like seeing cute arguments, not violent ones. I'm not the arguing type.
      I think it shows a new side to a person. They get to defend their reasoning and vice versa. I also like seeing how it will come to a head and how it'll get resolved... It's kind of hard for me to explain what I mean.

      Delete
    5. I see. it´s ok, I get it a little ;)

      Delete