Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spare Me

why do you keep pushing me down?
I'm already on the ground
I´m sorry I can´t make myself invisible

I´ve done it all with you on my mind
with the thought of what might please you
of what you might dislike

All of my thoughts and actions are
thoughroughly kept at rein
because they are supposed to affect your image
I don´t mind at all
but please don´t keep pushig me down
have some mercy
I think I´ve proven to be of some worth...
please, see that...

What more do you want?
you have it all of me
every day you drain me from life
I´ve been fighting to walk away from the cliff
why do you keep pushing me closer to the edge

What else?
I´ve denied myself many times so that your pride be satisfied
I´ve held back words and desires for you
and I´m not regretting it,
I´ve done it on my own will
I just beg you to spare me some pain

Am I not worthy of your compassion?
your is the only one that I ask
what will be of the image you cherish so much
if I´m seen like this?
I try, you know that, I need a little help
and if you don´t want to give me that
at least stop punishing me for what I haven´t done

2 comments:

  1. I obviously have Mike on the brain because I thought of her immdiately. Also Max, now that I've finished reading it.
    I can definitely relate to this. I feel like you've reach in the depths of my heart and wrote about it. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When this was done, I thought a little of her too. mh, true, this could be Max too.

      Thank you, Thank you. I´m glad that this piece of writing shows emotions that others can relate to.

      Delete