Saturday, February 16, 2013

Double Life: Dream Catcher

It said "viona art" so I assume that´s the person who did this beautiful image.

A/N: the double for tonight´s double post. I wonder if it´s better to have two short parts or just one long one. This also has a song, the song´s like what Nic feels, I think, she doesn´t look like it right?
***


“I know you hate that I leave my bag and karate stuff on the floor but I´m so tired right now…” Josh threw his bags on the floor followed by his karate belt and the shoes he was wearing. He looked up to his roommate desk, his eyes catching a figure sitting on his bed, eyes looking at him, his eyes were wide.
“You can keep doing that” she motioned to his karate robe half way down his arms; he smiled nervously as he shook his head. He looked at his roommate bed again.
“Don´t worry, he´s with Lex for the night” she informed him, he smiled as she shook his head again, going to his closet to get a white cotton t-shirt. He sat on his bed, opposite to Nichole.

“How was the match?” she asked
“It was good, I had fun, and a lot of people were there”
“Did you win?” she asked, he shook his head with a small smile tugging at his lips “You don´t care about that, do you?”
“Winning is not all that matters” his green eyes seemed to smile
“I´m sorry I couldn´t go”
“That´s ok”
“I got two things for you to make it up for that”
“You do?” his eyes lit up, it was as if they spoke all his thoughts
“I do”

“What is it?” he asked when she didn´t say anything else.
“Since I didn´t get to see you fight, I´ll fight you –she winked- and I´ll let you win” she started with a serious tone but ended up chuckling, he laughed
“I would never fight you”
“Girls are weak?” she raised her eyebrows
“I know you are not weak, I´ve seen you but I just couldn´t think of hurting you”
“Such a good boy” she gave him a little smile
“What is the second thing?” he asked. She reached for her backpack on the floor, she opened it and gave him a container
“Is this a…”
“Yup, it´s a lamb”
“Where would you get this?” he picked one of the tiny marshmallows that made up the lamb
“I made it”
“You bake?”
“Is it that surprising?” she made a face
“Actually it is” he said and she laughed
“I know”
“What else can you do?”
“Just cupcakes and apple pie”
“I didn´t know you liked cooking” he took a bite of the cupcake “this is good”
“I don´t like it and thank you”
“Then?”
“A few years ago I realized following a recipe is not that hard and I did say it was to make it up to you” she said, he smiled.

“Have you eaten?” she raised an eyebrow at his question “You tend to miss meals”
“Are you keeping tabs on me?”
“If you are not taking care of you, then yes”
“Why?”
“What do you mean, why? Why not?”
“Ok, ok and yeah, I did have dinner tonight”
“What did you have?”
“Spaghetti”
“There was no spaghetti in the cafeteria tonight”
“I didn´t eat there, I ate out”
“ok” he said, she tilted her head. Wind started to blow harder.

“Here” she handed him a small box
“What´s this?”
“A dream catcher”
“You bought me this?”
“No, it was given to me by the friend I visited today. Maybe it´ll work for you”
“Are you sure you want to give me this?” he asked, rain had started to fall
“I wouldn´t be giving it to you if I wasn´t”
“Thank you” he reached for her hand
“Gotta go, Josh”
“You can stay” his voice was drowned by the drops hitting every surface
“I can’t. I´m not getting near Lex’s guy bed” she wrinkled her nose, he chuckled
“You can take mine, you seem tired”
“Oh, thank you, I put extra effort in getting ready to see you” she rolled her eyes
“I don´t mean it that way”
“If I stay, I won´t sleep at all”
“Ok –he sighed- just wait for the rain to pass”
“I´ll stay a while” but it won´t stop raining tonight she said to herself
“Ok” he got out of the bed towards his closet. A thunder was heard and then the lights went off. The only sound heard was the rain and the hard wind against the windows

“Only in the hallways there are emergency lights” she said taking out her flashlight, more thunders were heard “It´ll get colder, do you have extra blankets?” he nodded and bent to the drawer at the bottom of his closet.

“Come here –she patted the other side of the bed- I´ll tell you a story” she smiled but he didn´t see it. He got in the bed giving her the extra blanket, she covered her shoulders with it and then reached for the dream-catcher to hung it on his lamp

“What´s the story about?” he asked, she chuckled
“You gotta tell me how the match went, first” she had a smile on her voice. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww I knew Nic wouldn't let me down. Good girl as always. I'm happy she felt him important enough to make up something to. Finally some recognition for my sweet angel. <3 Yay Nic!

    Hahaha I'm actually glad Josh didn't in his match. It's a nice difference from how things usually are in stories(not that you ever do things the way others do any way). And of course he's a good sport about it and I can tell from how tired he was that he did his best.

    I laughed SOOOOOOO hard at Nic not wanting to sleep on his roommates bed. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL So funny.
    Lex is as bad as Dom I swear... Always doing something inappropriate! Too young to be so loose and for a girl, oy.

    That dream catcher is Kind of a loaded gift. HA. Josh knee that but what I liked was that she was upfront about where she got it. She's grown a lot. In the past she would have just been like "do you want it or not?" but now she just told him that she got it from where she went. Letting him decide whether he wanted to take it or not. Very nice.

    I love the conversations in these last two. They flowed with ease and they were very comfortable but in different ways. I really like that. And the common denominator is Nic. So when she actually participates she an excellent conversational person!

    I wanna know what story she was going to tell!!!! Why you end on cliffhanger?! Or possible with no answer for me?! Lol ugh hahaha grrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it seems she´s become important but I feel bad for Aaron, it was his idea to invite her to that after all

      yeah, I don´t think the main character has to always win, it´s like, they should have fun besides Josh just does it to have fun not to get medals ^^

      hahaha she´s still the same Nic that doesn´t want no one near hahaha Yeah, I guess she´s similar to Dom, she´s just like that, what can I say? hahaha

      It was, it meant a lot for her and it has a lot of meaning. Yeah, she´s grown closer to him, she´s let him in. I´m sure that if they hadn´t gone through all of the things they´ve gone through she wouldn´t have given him that

      I wanted to show how she was with Ash -in the past post- and how she is with Josh, it´s different but somehow the same because they have her trust.

      I want to know too but I don´t know if Nic will let me know... we´ll see. I´m sorry, that´s just Nic and the muses, I have nothing to do with it -right lol

      Delete