Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lead me not into temptation


Remind me, God, to never utter an "I do"
Lead me not into temptation
of having my head in the clouds
the falling´s so easy 
but the bottom´s so hard

Deliver me from evil
the evils that feel so tender and sweet
that then come back to bite your heart out of your chest
to spit it on the ground for everybody to walk over it 
free my heart of pain

You holy, pray for me and my random heart
so that it´s death hour doesn´t fall upon it just now
and you gods don´t rejoice on the weak´s mind
have you ever felt a heaven like that?

However once is enough
two´s to fed up by it
gluttony is you sin, oh heart,
don´t you see, 
the same path leads to the same cliff?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely positively adore the opening stanza! It is too perfect and it even could have been the entire poem!
    But the sentiment is that love hurts and the wish is there to not want to be hurt by it ever again. The wish is there but the heart follows its own beat. All one can do is like the end and try to convince it otherwise(to no avail I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you!! well, in a first moment it was going to be the whole thing but then my hands kept writing

      exactly, that´s the point. Thank you for understanding my randomness ^^

      Delete