Monday, March 25, 2013

The Valley of Shadows


*Emo times -cough- written back in February*


I know nothing anymore.
Shadows lurk all around me
All I have are shallow lights
Unable to walk straight
Denied of freedom, of feeling
Denied of freedom to choose
Tied of hands and feet
A mere puppet, a broken one
Trying to be tough
Wanting to go on 
My lights are put away
I´m all by myself in the valley of shadows
Where sorrow is the air
My cry goes out of the walls of my skin
They don´t reach the sky
I pop a pill. I swallow.
I pop another pill and another and another... I lost count
I am mildly numb to fake a smile and keep pretending a few more hours
I am chaos and I take tears and screams and cursing with me
I´ve known pain for so long that I have become pain
I share, oh, how much of it I share
It never ends, it never fades, and it never goes away
How could it leave me?
Mumblings all around me
My hands carry distress;
My feet drag death to whatever light was left
Red, rimmed eyes, shadowy eyes
Nights are not to rest, a never ending nightmare
Hurry white, pressed narcotics wipe my tears away



1 comment:

  1. I like that picture. Keep hope alive kind of feel or search and find your hidden light kind of thing.

    I can so see you taking those meds. It's like a hallucination trip but also harsh reality. Makes me think of you lying in bed staring out into air or out your window while its open.
    It's like Why? but at the same time Whatever... Kind of beat down but it feels like one if those times when it's a really bad day that doesn't go beyond that day and then the next day is like you're a zombie dragging around

    ReplyDelete