Thursday, March 6, 2014

Through my eyes: Look at him

 A/N: To post or not to post? mmmm In my mind I had said I was going to post until Sunday but I have this one here being a pretty draft and it wants to see the light of day -internet- haha -not that it´s pretty but yeah....
Maybe I finished it because I really want to see the next one done? mmm who knows... ok, so I´m posting, this is the third post of Josh pov, except that this is not his pov but Marissa´s haha -just making sure to say that in case that my bad writing skills dont show that properly.
Btw, I gotta say, Josh is so hard to make!! but like Marissa say, he´s amazing. 
ah, also, carina is an italian word that means beauty, beautiful, pretty
******

“He’s such an amazing man!” Marissa said excitedly as she closed the door of her apartment. Her roommate was on the laying on her side on the couch, flipping channels on the TV as she picked from a food container. Said roommate only raised her eyebrows, no a sign of interest, Marissa knew, but just letting her know she’d heard. Marissa smiled as she came over to the chair next to the couch, she didn’t care if Nichole hadn’t shown interest, the girl hardy ever did, which was why she was going to tell her what she wanted anyway. 

“I thought you weren’t here” Marissa said once she sat, Nic was supposed to be on a date
“I am”
“I can see that. What happened?” Marissa asked, Nichole shrugged
“Didn’t feel like going out. I just finished tomorrow’s project” she explained when Marissa’s eyebrows shot up.
“You didn’t show to the date” Marissa shook her head, this girl is mean, she thought, not like she hadn’t done it before but her roommate mastered the art of rejection.
“I called him” she shrugged and kept eating

“Aren’t you going to ask me how my date was?” Marissa broke the silence between them… silence that was not a silence anyways since the TV had been on, some singing competition was on.
“Nope”
“Aw, Nini! –Marissa pouted- such a bad friend!”
“That’s me” Nic smirked
“Pssshhh, as a punishment for that, I´m going to tell you anyway” Marissa narrowed her eyes
“Don´t I know that?” Nic sighed rolling her eyes
“You wanna know, don’t lie”
“You´re so mistaken, maybe it’s this expression of interest that gives me away” Nic said with a bored expression that made Marissa laugh
“Shut up and listen to me –Marissa shook her head, Nic turned the volume down and moved her gaze to the brunette who smiled- alright, -her smile became a grin- we went to the movies as you know. It was so cute! –her voice at least two octaves higher when she said it- he´s such a …classic man –she chuckled- good thing that I´m not” she giggled this time, and yes, Nichole knew Marissa was not a classic woman

“The movie was ok –she continued- he let me pick it but I was distracted, you know, he didn’t try anything, he´d been the perfect gentleman so far, opening doors and paying for stuff but that was it, it was a bit, a lot –she amended herself- frustrating. Has that ever happened to you? A guy like that?”
“No”
“Ah, it had never happened to me before either but whatever, maybe Josh´s shy… Is he shy?”
No, he´s not but he is very respectful and never rushes things Nichole thought “Do you think he is?” she asked instead, Marissa considered this for a moment.
“Mmmm, no, I mean, he doesn´t seem shy, he feels friendly. I guess he just doesn’t take the first step? Was he like that before?”
“Don´t know”
“What do you mean you don’t know? You went to school together”
“Doesn’t mean I know how he behaves with his dates”. Not that he ever had a date when I was his friend, she thought, although Jess and Ash seemed to think they were the twins´ dates at their birthday….
“mmm I guess… anyway, since he didn’t take the initiative, I did”
“Obviously”
“Duh! Want something, go get it” Marissa winked
“Sure”
“Don´t make it sound like you haven´t done it –she rolled her eyes, Nic just shrugged again so Marissa continued- it was funny, for a second he felt surprised and kinda didn´t do anything but he adapts quickly –Marissa giggled- Oh my god! He´s such a great kisser once he gets to it” Marissa sighed and then grinned looking up at the ceiling
“So I´ve heard”
“Huh? So you´ve heard or so you know?”
“You said it like a million times last time” Nic replied and indeed, Marissa had said it, not a million times but a few times, they had shared a single kiss once they had parted after their date, last week, it had been their second date.
“Jealous that the hottie made up with me?” Marissa teased
“If I wanted to kiss him I would´ve done it” Nic said as if it was the most obvious thing
“True that –Marissa said after a minute- I wonder why you guys never… I mean… don´t you think he´s hot?”
“He’s hot” Nic agreed, again as if she was just saying, “the sun shines and rain makes you wet” as if it was obvious, and just a fact.
“Then? You were in a boarding school, what best thing to do than date the hottie?”
“He was a good boy”
“He didn’t want you?” Marissa gasped and leaned in
“Everybody wants me” Nic winked, Marissa rolled her eyes but she was amused, finally her roommate gave her a different tone of voice
“Then?”
“Are you seriously asking me why I never shared saliva with your date? –Marissa wrinkled her nose- Do you see how crazy that is?”
“That was disgusting”
“It matches with how crazy you are being”
“I´m crazy, that´s why you love me” Marissa grinned
“I tolerate you” Nic was back to her monotone voice
“That in Nini´s language translates to love in normal people´s language”
“You wouldn’t know that, you’re not normal, especially with the questions you´re asking”
“Well, tolerate me and tell me what happened there”
“I told you, nothing happened” Nic shrugged again
“Why?”
“He was ugly back then, you know, the type of kid with really bad skin, greasy hair, brackets, a little chubby…”
“Seriously?!” Marissa gasped
“No” Nic laughed at Marissa´s expression “but I was, very, very much” she said back to the monotone
“You’re… that´s a lie”
“It´s true” Nic was serious, Marissa narrowed her eyes
“I´ll ask him”
“He´ll tell you I was not, his eyes are not right but do you really want to talk about me in between kisses, don’t you think that´d be too much?” she teased
“No… I guess not” Marissa concluded and stayed silent for a while

“I think this is the first time you´ve ever said something from your past willingly”
“You made me”
“I should make you more often” Marissa said, she really didn’t know anything about her roommate´s past and she was never willing to talk about it
“Ha! You can try” Nic said. Marissa had tried without success so not she´d stopped trying
“Now, if you´re done I have a show to watch” Nic said turning the volume of the TV up
“No!! –Marissa snatched the remote- I haven’t even started”
“Don’t you have a project to finish?”
“Agh, don’t remind me, besides, the night´s young –she said dismissively- well, so, where was I?” she said just to prove her friend had listened
“You violated him, I mean you kissed him” Nic smirked
“Ha- ha, you´re so funny, Nichole but yes, I kissed him, he´s a great kisser, tender, gentle but with enough wildness” she kicked her feet against the floor excitedly
“Did you even see the movie?”
“Psshhh, his face was more interesting –she grinned- but, I mean, it wasn´t too much, we were in a public place, like I said, he´s a gentleman”
“And you’re not”
“I´m not, lucky him, huh? –she laughed- then he took me to dinner. I’m very glad that he didn´t take me to a fancy place that would have made me feel uncomfortable and underdressed but to a fancy enough place that made me feel important” Marissa explained, Nichole nodded, she knew he was always very thoughtful.

“Everything was good, I was satisfied –she smiled and sighed- he doesn’t talk much though but that´s good, you know I can talk my head off”
“And with your head off you´d still keep talking, I know” Nic sighed, Marissa narrowed her eyes
“I wonder if I bored him. Do you think he got bored?” anxiety in her voice
“Did he look bored?”
“No –she said quickly- well –she hesitated later- he didn’t seem bored, on the contrary, his eyes were always on me. Oh my! Those eyes! Have you seen those eyes? –She didn’t wait for an answer- the way he looks at you like his whole attention is solely on you. Did you ever see that?” she asked and yes, Nichole had seen those eyes attentively, she could draw them with her eyes closed, she´d done that. She even had many drawings of them. She remembered those kind eyes; her last drawing was of the same eyes with an angry expression… she needed to stop. Those eyes are… she thought
“Hypnotic” Marissa completed Nichole´s train of thought. It was good that she didn’t care when Nic didn’t answer a question
“Eh?” Nichole focused and mentally scolder herself for losing focus in the first place
“His eyes, they have a beautiful color, it´s hypnotic, don’t you think?”
“Green eyes…” a light shrug from Nichole
“Ah, but why am I asking you! –Marissa shook her head- you ignore everybody, you wouldn’t have seen it” but she was wrong, she´d seen it and she´d liked it and she felt hurt with what Marissa said but she had to swallow that, maintain her breathing, her facial expressions, her eyes from showing anything because although it had hurt her, it was the impression that Marissa and everybody had of her, one that she´d carefully and willingly constructed.
“Maybe only you get the hypnotic eyes or maybe only you see them” Nichole smirked, Marissa laughed
“Are you accusing me of falling for this guy?”
“Ah –Nichole chuckled- I hadn’t even thought of that but now that you said it… I can see it happening” she teased, Marissa snorted
“He’s hot and sweet but no” she said sternly, Nichole kept the smirk “anyway, do you think it might be only for me?” she asked
“Like I said, I don’t know of his behavior when he´s on a date and it might be you who´s seeing that …-Marissa seemed saddened by this- but, like I said, he was a good boy so he must be a good man now…” she shrugged, Marissa pondered
“Well, -she said finally- next time you see him, observe his eyes, tell me what you see”
“I don’t see him –Nic said too quickly for her taste or her purposes- you do know that we have classes on opposite sides of the campus” she’d made herself go back to her monotone voice
“Agh, Nini, don’t tell me that. The man crossed the campus to bring you a gift, don’t tell me you don’t see your friend” Marissa said, Nic stared wondering what to say

“Maybe he´ll mention me to you, be a good friend, help me out” Marissa continued
“That won´t happen and I don’t need to help you with anything. You´re more than capable to get anything you want from him. I told you that already”
“You! –Marissa pointed her finger at Nic but then moved her hand away- well, yeah, but it´d be good if you told me some inside information, things you know about him”
“I don’t know what I can tell you, it´s been two years since I last saw or talk to him, besides, isn’t the point of dating getting to know the other?”
“Ha! What do you know of your dates?!” Marissa scoffed, Nic made a face as if trying to remember something and failing, Marissa laughed “see? You can’t tell me that because you don’t do it”
“I don’t care to get to know them. You want to get to know this guy, it´s different” Nic said, Marissa pondered
“Yeah, I guess but still I wouldn’t mind if you tell me what you see in those magnificent eyes” Marissa pouted, Nichole chuckled as she shook her head, not giving an answer. You don’t want to know, she thought.

“I´ll go to bed… good luck with that project” Nichole stood up and stretched
“Noo, don’t go, I haven´t told you everything”
“Unlike you I have an early class tomorrow”
“Aw, so you won’t help me either?”
“Nope”
“Jerk” Marissa poked her tongue out, Nichole pretended to tip an imaginary hat as she smiled
“Buonanotte, carina”
“Sleep well, Nini” Marissa sighed as she mentally made a list of the things she had to do… She started to get ready, starting by changing clothes and getting her things out. At moments thoughts about Josh came to her and she smiled, at other moments she wondered why Nichole was so closed up…but she always wondered about that


“Maybe they weren´t that close” she muttered as she stood in front of her white canvas, ready to work.

1 comment:

  1. I've been had! No Josh anywhere! Haha alright I got that out of the way.

    He's a good guy. Raised extremely well. But I don't doubt his skills. Haha I remember that time he and Aaron and their group were at the movies with those girls. Now I might be confusing stories but I believe he was being flirty in his own Josh way before he started thinking about Nic....?
    I want to go to a fancy dinner with Josh!! @_@

    If I didn't know you and the way you write I'd REALLY be suspicious of Marissa's intentions here. But at least she sees the beautiful Josh the way he should be seen. His amazing eyes. I wish I could picture them in a way that would do them justice. Sigh. Oh well, I'm glad they both couldn't ignore his incredible eyes. Serves Nic right for trying to ignore him. It can't be done! It just can't! Even his creator couldn't ignore his presence like what was intended! Teehee :-p

    Two dates. I wonder if Josh is having thoughts like her and thinking they can go on another date? Can't blame her for trying to get what she can out of it but I guess girls just don't want a good guy. They'd rather a guy who disrespects them and doesn't let them have an opinion and they happily call that love. *rolls eyes* I'd take a Josh any day compared to other guys. Pfft

    ReplyDelete