Friday, March 28, 2014

Through my eyes: Private concert

 A/N: A small one :) it was part of the post before this one but it felt like it didnt go well with the other... 
*****

“I hope you don´t mind re-heated food” I said when I saw Marissa had followed me to the kitchen, she tilted her head like a curious puppy, I chuckled as I combed my hair with my fingers “I am not good in the kitchen so…” I explained as I opened the fridge, she said nothing “not romantic, I know” I placed the containers in the microwave, she laughed

“When you came to the kitchen, I thought you were going to cook, I was ready to go die somewhere dark, you´re perfect in everything you do but now that you tell me you can´t cook, I can believe you´re human again” she smiled sweetly, it was my turn to laugh
“I´m ok doing breakfast” I winked
“Are you sure you´re human?” she came to the other side of the kitchen island
“Last time I checked, I was” I shrugged with one shoulder
“I need to verify that” she said against my mouth. I shook my head.


“Where did you have this?” she asked pointing her fork to the food
“I had it done and delivered here before we arrived” I said
“Wow, invisible servants –she teased- did they make our breakfast too?”
“That was kind of on you” I teased back, she laughed
“Alright, but you´ll be having milk and cereal as the main course because I can’t cook. Nini always teases me, saying I´m Italian and can’t cook a single thing from my country but then… I can’t cook at all” she rolled her eyes
“Milk and cereal will be then” I nodded
“Will I get to see the servants by lunch time?”
“They´re invisible” I winked
“Ah, yeah” she touched her forehead
“We´ll have lunch on the way” I said. I had planned to leave by ten or eleven in the morning to arrive at school around six in the evening; I still had some reading to do for Monday. For breakfast I actually had planned to make it, I wasn’t good at fancy stuff but I could make pancakes and didn’t burn the bacon.

“Did you spend a lot of time in this house while growing up?” she asked, I moved my head in a “more or less” motion
“We come over to spend the first couple of days of every year and usually my parents anniversaries are celebrated here… I try to come whenever I can…” we´d spent the two weeks after Alexander´s death in this cabin.

“Do you bring girls here a lot?” she raised an eyebrow, I chuckled, I didn’t bring girls a lot mostly because I tend to be in long term relationships… but she wouldn’t be the first girl I had brought, not the second either…
“It´s too far to bring girls a lot” I shrugged
“Honest man always, huh?” her lips were slightly pouted I chuckled
“Would it be better to say you´re the first I´ve brought?”
“Mmm, I don’t know, probably not, I´d guess you were lying” she narrowed her gaze
“Exactly” I agreed, she looked at me, then at her plate and back at me, almost unable to hold my gaze, she smiled though and that was good.

“Yeah… that leaves me wondering if this is like your bachelor house…? –she said and I chuckled, she didn’t meet my gaze-  but then you said your family comes here and that doesn’t match”
“It´s not my bachelor house, if I had that, it´d be my dorm room, because I´m single” I shook my head as I chuckled
“…Did the girls agreed on that with you? That this was not your bachelor house?” she inquired not in a sassy manner, just curious, I guess she was working her way to what she actually wanted to ask
“They did” I replied, they had, although Marissa wasn’t the first to come it was not like I brought a different girl every weekend. She nodded, looked at her white wine and then up to me.
“You don’t date more than one person at once, do you?” she sounded mortified by her own question. I raised my eyebrow, to me that she was even asking showed she´d either been with guys who did it or she did it.

“Do you do that?” I asked, she opened her mouth to talk but for a second she didn’t say anything
“I have –she dragged her words, her face was slightly leaned down but her eyes were on mine-, the other party knew and agreed –she assured me- I …there was this person that I liked, we did it that way…”
“More than one person at once” I wanted clarification. I don’t think I liked where this was going
“Yeah –she sighed- it didn’t go well” she said and I knew it  wouldn’t have gone well but then I couldn’t know and I was not going to judge either.
“One of you got jealous of the other?”
“I guess, more like fell for them when they didn’t –she admitted reluctantly- I wouldn’t want to go through that again”
“The falling?” I raised my eyebrows
“Ah –she blushed- being the only one…”
“I see… -I got curious- they didn’t like you back?”
“No –Marissa sighed- but it´s ok, I knew it was like that and I guess that´s why I´m killing the mood and asking you about it now, I want to know where I stand” she confessed, my thoughts from before came to me, was it ok to keep dating Marissa? I felt a little tense, I liked Marissa and I liked being with her but was it right? I didn’t know yet but I guess that´s why we dated, however of one thing I was sure…
“I don’t date more than one girl at a time and I don’t go for one night stands” I assured her, she looked at me

“You´re truly the perfect man” she smiled her easy smile, I smiled back, I couldn’t help it. I was not but didn’t care to go around with many girls; one was enough, not like I had time to actually go out with many girls… I hoped she didn’t think I´d take her to meet my family either or anything like that, we were just starting and after Vanessa… I had to be sure of her before anything like that.
“I have defects too”
“Yeah? I can´t see them” she challenged, I laughed
“You´ll see eventually”
“The proves contradict you Mr. Arlington” she winked. I chuckled as I stood up; we were done with our dinner.

“What if I leave now?” I said picking up the dishes, she looked taken aback “I gotta private concert to give” I said and she grinned
“You keep pilling evidence” she stood up and let me lead her to the living room


“What kind of music would you like to listen to?” I asked checking if the guitar was tuned, although I knew it was, I had checked it this morning before I picked Marissa up
“I don’t know –she said- surprise me” she smiled as she took a picture of me, I shook my head as I started to play the notes of the song I intended to play.

“Well you can tell everybody
Yeah you can tell everybody
Go ahead and tell everybody
I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man…” I started to sing, I couldn’t help grinning as I did, and she smiled
“Yes, you are” she said, I winked, I actually intended to sing this one to tease her about her belief that I was perfect but I liked the song, a little arrogant but quite positive and had a nice flow so I actually enjoyed singing it, that she seemed so excited about it just gave it a little extra.
“I played my cards and I didn't fold
Well it ain't that hard when you got soul
Somewhere I heard that life is a test
I been though the worst but I still give my best….” I smiled as I sung and she took another picture, her grin in place, leaned towards me, interested. I was glad she´d liked my choice. My teasing purpose fell short though, she seemed to agree with the lyrics, after a few minutes she started to try to sing it with me. It was fun to be with her.

Once I finished the song she clapped her hands cheerfully and I chuckled, she was very energetic. She came closer to me and threw her arms around my neck; my guitar between us didn’t seem to bother her. She kissed me.

“That´s like your song!” she laughed and I shook my head. As I sung I had thought of the next song, so I started with an acoustic version of the song she´d liked back in the concert: “Maria” and just because it was the two of us I changed the Maria to her name, her grin became bigger, making her eyes narrow. She looked happy.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite singing the song I despise!!! Lol how can this be!!?? I'm cracking up. Soon as I saw that first lime I was like no way!? Teehee but since he has a beautiful voice I know he made it easier to tolerate. <3

    This is the first time I was sure that he thought other things in his mind. It's weird but sometimes he's hard to read in a way where he feels like all actions but this time, in this one I actually can see where he's thinking. And yeah I know he's thought things in the other ones but nothing I didn'talready know about him so this was good in that new learning way.
    My thoughtful and considerate Josh always getting tangled up in these messy girls. Will he ever learn?! He needs to turn homosexual pronto! :-p

    ReplyDelete