Saturday, May 17, 2014

Double Life: Ending

haha this was written on april 13th 2013 haha it was the first ending I saw and it changed sooooo very much except on one thing and ofc Josh didnt have much to do with this one, idk what would´ve happened with him after this part.... I was just checking my draft, I dont want to have them there unless I´ll post them so I´m posting this as the other ending this story could´ve had. Ofc, it wouldnt b apost made by me if it didnt have all kinds of mistakes and missused words and whatnot....

****

"Father!" the girl breathed taking a hold of the man that had shielded her. She quickly called 911 as they both fell to the ground, the man was heavy to hold. "My father´s been shot!" she said in a shaken manner she´d never imagine she´d have.
"Ni-Nickie -the man´s eyes seemed unfocused as he tried to take her hands- you have to touch me, ki-kill me, Nickie"
"No" she moved away a little. Her response was automatic, she´d imagine this day a lot, her taking her father´s life, the same life that had made her go through so much, the same life that had made her a murderer for so many years....
"Nicky..." he breathed and winced as he pulled a golden chain from his neck, it broke and he tried to hand it to her, she came closer an took it, it was a golden locket with a crescent moon made by tiny diamonds "please, please you have to take my life" the man pleaded, he´d never done that
"I am not going to take both my parents life" she spat
"You have to -he had a hard time talking- I won´t be well... I´ll be incapable after this and you need to take care of Camille"
"Do you want to leave her without a father?" a tear rolled out of the girl´s eyes
"-name of the mom- is going to manage it all if I live but if I die, everything is yours"
"-name of the mom- won´t harm Camille, it´s her daughter"
"No, no, no -Karl barely breathed but it seems something made him keep talking, even if he was bleeding from the bullet holes in his back- Camille is your sister"
"Father, you´re ..."
"Listen! -he commanded and made the girl be quiet- Camille is Miriam´s daughter, she´s your sister"
"That´s impossible..."
"It´s not, Camille and you share the same blood" the man said and lift his hands to the girl´s neck and face and her her and the girl was not under control, she felt the heart-ache, the second when Karl´s chest tightened and how his heart was fighting.
"I´m sorry" he breathed as his heart gave up right when the ambulance lights were approaching.

This was too much for Nichole, what had Karl meant? had he been hallucinating? yet she had to keep her composure as the paramedics rushed her father to the hospital in an speed ride... She knew it was in vain, cpr was not going to bring him back, he´d made sure of that when he told her what he did. The girl started to think that maybe that had been the only way for him to make her lose control but he had apologized, but for what exactly.

She´d been staring at the locket for hours, she hadn´t opened it... it was like this with these things,she was too afraid of what she might found yet how much worse the things could get. She sighed, the sun was starting to rise and as it painted the dark sky of orange she opened the locket. It had two pictures, nothing out of the ordinary, it was a picture of Camille as a baby and another one that Nichole recognized to be her mother and herself as a baby. She´d never seen the locket before yet in the back side of it had engraved the name "Miriam", her mother´s name. Nichole passed a finger on top of her mother´s picture and a tear scaped her eyes and then she saw Camille´s picture, her little sister was an orphan just like her too, how was she going to explain to Mii about their father. She caressed Camille´s picture and focused on it when she felt a small bump under it.

Nichole removed it carefully and found a microchip under it. She had not yet called her step mother or anybody but she decided to call someone to get a better information about it.
"Pick me up now" she said to the receiver
"Nic, where´s your father? he never came back, isn´t he with you?"
"He left me last night. Come pick me up now, Natasha"
"I´ll send the driver" the woman sighed

As soon as they arrived at Crystals House the girl ran towards the woods where there was the place where Natasha and the drivers and the other personnel of her father spent their day. She sneaked in Natasha´s office, she had been her father´s biggest secret, only a few of them knew who kept them "working".

"Make everybody leave" Natasha heard her door be locked, she turned around
"Nichole?" she furrowed her eyebrows, the girl´s eyes were cold and her demeanor dominant and on edge. Nat´s eyes fell on the girl´s hands, they were gloveless. It was serious, so she walked to her desk and made a phone call to dismiss every single one of the people in the area. When she finished, the girl walked to her desk and looked at her, she felt like a hole was being drilled in her head.

"Talk to me about Camille" the girl said through gritted teeth
"What about Camille?"
"Everything"
"Camille´s fine, she´s at her grandma´s with her mom and sisters"
"If you don´t tell everything that you know about Camille, you´re of no use to me and I´ll have to dispose of you" the girl threaten
"Nichole -the woman sighed- I thought we were passed that, I don´t know what you want from me" she made herself comfortable in the black leather chair behind her desk. Nichole laughed humorlessly
"If there´s anything good out of this is that you are loyal to the hand that feeds you... but said hand is cold dead now... in the literal sense and these hands -the girl put her hands on the edge of the woman´s desk- are the ones that have been maintaining your lifestyle for years..."
"What did you do?" the woman breathed sharply "Did you k-ki-killed Karl?" there was panic in the woman´s eyes. Nichole could hear her heart going faster
"Karl´s dead" the girl showed her the locket
"He gave you the locket!" the woman´s eyes were huge

"You´re such a liar... Natasha... you better start talking now"
"Come with me" the woman got up from her desk. Nichole followed her, the woman and she knew there was no way Natasha could escape her. They entered into Crystals House and there in his father´s office. Natasha opened the middle drawer of

1 comment:

  1. Man!!! Karl was a complete jerk no matter which ending happen! >_< ugh! How could you do that? Why would you "make" her be your official end? That's so cold. He was an evil creep until the end! Makes me do mad!!
    Nic on the other hand I was surprised but not really by her reaction. I actually expected something more like this at the end for her. More emotion sense she'd had similar response like this one throughout the story. But I guess for where she ended up being and what she ended up being like, the ending that happened fit more with that girl she became. But I guess I'm in the minority but I miss this girl. I believed she was nice deep down no matter how much of a jerk her outward self was. But I don't think she's nice anymore...
    Um....???!!! It just ends in the middle of a sentence?? Talk about the ultimate cliffhanger ending! Haha you are so evil for that!
    But I like that Nat wasn't so important here even though she is her mom. In the other ending she was too prominent for my tastes. >_<
    But (again?! Lol) I would have always wondered what became of Josh. I was left wondering that on both endings! Haha my poor boy
    I do like that she got that locket though. That could have stayed. It's the perfect thing for someone like her since she moves around a lot and isn't a conventional family person ;)
    Interesting.....

    ReplyDelete