Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Infinity




A few days ago I found a piece of plasterboard in the garage and I thought it´d be good to paint something on it. Yesterday and today I´ve felt I needed paint to feel better. My mother enjoys watching design/DIY shows and there is one where this artist sort of teaches techniques to paint, I never see them unless it sounds interesting...I saw one yesterday, and said I´d try it but I ended up doing my own thing haha didn’t follow the technique they showed instead I decided to go by feeling which is what I always do when it comes to artsy stuff and that painting happened. I don’t know if it´s good, I never know if what I create is good.

It makes me happy when my family like the artsy things that I do, specially when it comes to drawing and painting and I always know when they like them for real (they always say it´s good but I know sometimes they don’t think so) I know that they actually like my drawings/paintings when they hang them on the wall or place them on the tables in the living room/dining room... Still with this, sometimes I don’t know if it´s good, they´re my family after all, they are supposed to support me haha. It also makes me happy to share my whimsy creations with my friend Saku (I was just thinking this morning that though we´re so very far geographically I feel like she´s one of the closest friends I have) I like her little comments and I kinda think that she´s just like my family, a little -a lot- biased towards my stuff just because they know me.

This friend I´m talking about has this amazing story. In it there is this boy, an awesome boy, he´s like my Mr.Darcy of the non-published stories hahaha sometimes I think that if I could meet only one of them I´d die of frustration because I wouldn’t know which one to choose haha In the story, this boy, Dominic is like the embodiment of confidence and deep thinking, the first he shows, no, it oozes from him, it´s impossible not to notice it; the latter though, he seem to keep to himself most of the times, he seems to share it with his girlfriend, the sweetheart Michaela, I think what he shares more is his confidence and since it oozes from him haha she´s kinda absorbing it for herself which is great since she really needs it. I think all of this has to do with that picture above these paragraphs since, both my dear friend and the hottie have given me one of those things I consider a gift. Words.

Saku, my friend, said this character is interested in abstract art...this is what he said about mine:

"What do you see?" I asked Dominic as we stood in front of the painting.
"It... It looks like stars. Not shooting stars but like the wind is pushing them. Does that make sense?" He narrowed his gaze and glanced my way.
"I can see that, I think." I caressed my chin with my fingertips. "Tell me more." I grinned at him.
"It's strange because the wind is pushing the stars towards space but the wind itself is spinning towards a different infinity."
"Infinity?" My eyes widened. "I want to know about that infinity." I stroked his arm. He chuckled and took a wide step away from the artwork and me.

He truly is the embodiment of confidence, it´s reached even me, now with that.

This is what my friend said about abstract art, I like it; she has a better opinion of it than me (haha)
"It could be seen as easy but it's mysterious and that's what makes people flock to it I think, that they could be right and anyone can guess anything."


There is nothing like hugs made words. Thank you Saku, thank you Dom and thank you Mike too ;)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww!!! You're too adorable! I'm smiling and shaking my head now! Too precious for words! Teehee

    ReplyDelete