Friday, May 23, 2014

Rare Fish

Writing prompt February 23rd 2014. “Your protagonist love interest has three annoying habits. What are they?

This is what I did for this writing prompt, I used my DL characters in this. I´m not so sure about that tittle but I couldnt really think of anything else hhahaha 
Yay for finishing this one, I finished it yesterday and that´s good since  I thought I wouldn´t finnish it. As always don´t expect editing, lack of mistakes...etc
I love it when I get to write little stories like this where the feeling of it fits in a few pages (it´s only about 1,400 words) ofc I like my longer stuff but this feels nice too
***



“So he managed to convince you, huh?" Nichole heard Josh´s twin´s voice as soon as she came out of the water. She´d heard Aaron come in the deserted pool room a little bit ago. She raised an eebrow in question but she knew what he had meant. It had been a little less than a month since she and Josh had agreed to, as Josh had worded it "give themselves a chance".

"You and my brother" Aaron said as clarification as he sat on the edge of the pool. Again, Nichole just raised her eyebrows, he narrowed his eyes in a nearly identical way in which Josh did. "Of course -Nic thought- they´re identical twins, they do many things the same way" this made her chuckle and shake her head. "They do not do things the same way" she told herself in amusement. Now that she´d let herself like him, the idea of him made her smile, it wasn´t good. Aaron took her smile as a good sign, he smiled at her with playfulness dancing in his eyes.

"So, you and Josh are finally admiting that you´re dating?" he asked as he´d done so many times before
"Not now -she smirked- he must be doing homework now and I´m swimming, more like trying to swim, an annoying kid is not letting me" she shrugged lightly
"You´re speaking to me, full sentences and smiling. I´d say he´s given you a great mood" Aaron teased
"You´d be in a great mood too if you had a hottie at your disposition" she smirked, he blinked and she laughed "I´m shallow, boy, not good for your sweet other half" there was a mischievous expression on her face when she threw herself back, swimming on her back; she saw him shaking his head.
"I´d consider that a deffect, you know"
"What?" she kept swimming beyong the second half of the pool
"You leave people hanging, it´s like you love to see others unbalanced with those sassy comments" he said
"Wonderful, huh?" she said fighting a laugh
"Josh thinks so, for him, even that annoying habit of yours is cute" Aaron said a little reluctant and this was overwhelming for Nichole, she felt color spreading on her cheeks faster than what she could control so she let herself go down, down, down the pool until her back touched the ground and Aaron´s voice could be avoided somewhat.

"You are scaring me" Aaron raised his voice, she stayed down "I´ll go down there to get you now" there was worry in his vice. She heard him jump and she moved, swimming away to come out several feet away from him

"You would´ve killed him with that!" Aaron said angryly, Nic tilted her head to a side
"I know but he wouldn't have come to the pool to tell me what my flaws are" she said in her quiet voice
"That´s only because he doesnt see them"
"He does, or at least he should" she ammended
"Do you see his flaws?" Aaron asked locking gazes with hers
"You´re like a whole another person when your brother´s sake´s involved" Nic commented with a slight tilt of her head, he shrugged
"You didnt answer"
"I know"
"Are you going to?" He insisted, she sighed
"I told Josh that one advantage of us together would be that you´d finally stop annoying me with questions like these ones... Seems like I was completely wrong about that" she faked a frown. in truth it was quite amusing and endearing how protective the other boy was. Aaron snorted.
"Dont tell me he doesnt ask you questions"
"He does, a lot, a million, one after the other -she smiled her half smile, it was unavoidable- it´s annoying" she finished, her tone didnt show annoyance at all
"J mentioned that smile..." Aaron said in a conspiratory tone. Nichole breathed in deeply
"Why are you telling me this?"
"Dont you wanna know what he says of you to others?" Aaron grinned
"No. He´d tell me if he wanted me to know"
"Wow! that´s something I´ve never heard from a girl"
"I´m not like any other girl you´ve ever met" she winked
"Proud much?"
"Very" her eyebrow went up as she spoke the word

"Do you think he´d want to know what you say of him?" Aaron asked after they took a lap
"Josh respects my privacy but if he really wanted to know he´d give me the customary million questions"
"Mybe he knows you get annoyed by that"
"I do get annoyed but....at the same time I dont get annoyed" she admitted
"How´s that?" Aaron sat on the edge of the pool again
"Only he gets to have that exception, yours are annoying as hell" she rolled her eyes, he chuckled
"So, J´s annoying but cute" he teased
"Hot" she smirked
"What other annoyingly hot things are there?"
"Why do you care?"
"In case that you two break up" he smirked
"Right, as if you could be anything mine"
"I´m your bro now" he poked his tongue out
"And you act the part" she wrinked her nose
"Gotta be a good bro" he winked, she rolled her eyes and went back to swimming a couple of laps thinking about Aaron´s twin
"He´s stubborn as no one else" she´d stopped at the other end of the pool
"That´s his other deffect?" Aaron was now floating on his back
"Yes and no"
"Huh? how does that work?"
"Josh calls it to be persistent. I think it´s annoying but this persistence of his must have been what has made him overcome the obstacles in his life and I know he´s got those since he was very young. I can only imagine the effort he must had to put after his accident... He had to be stubborn to keep up with everybody and he certainly needs it to keep up with me -she laughed quietly- it´s annoying but admirable" she concluded feeling proud of him.
"J´s not even here and you´re speaking so much, i had never heard you speak your thoughts that feeling" Aaron stood up with a grin that annoyed Nic but he was right which was half scary half relieving for her.
"This way I get to save him at least a few hundred questions" she shrugged
"You´re saying I´ll gossip about this to him?"
"That´s exactly what I'm saying"
"I won´t!" he stood straight, she just glanced t him and went back to swimming on her back, thinking. At some point she stopped moving and closed her eyes and let herself sink until her back touched the floor of the pool. Nichole stayed down with eyes closed listening to the sound of the water waves that Aaron caused as he swam. It was calming for her t be there with barely any sound... Too bad I need to get out and breathe she thought asshe swam under water towards the ladder of the pool.

"Why do you like to sink under water?" Aaron asked with a mix of annoyance and worry
"It´s calming" she shrugged guessing Aaron felt negative towards certain things when it came to water

"I know -Aaron cleared his throat- that you know about him and.... water" the win had gone serious like when she visited them at their house. she nodded guessing this is what he´d been building up, what he really wanted to say.
"Is that one of his flaws for you?" he looked straight into her eyes
"No" her reply was one of the most honests things she´d ever said
"It´s a serious stuff, he might not get over it any time soon" Aaron stated
"I know"
"It might stop you from certain things..."
"I dont see how that is a problem, we´re not fish" she shrugged, Aaron fought a smile
"Are you completely sure that you dont mind about that?"
"Do you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow
"Of course not!" Aaron said as if that was ridiculous
"That´s how I see it" she said as she got out of the pool

"He´s right, you´re a cool girl" Aaron raised his voice as little as Nichole walked out of the changing room towards the exit
"That's his other flaw" Nic said not turning back
"What is it?" Aaron said confused
"He likes me, that´s a terrible annoying flaw" she rolled her eyes but her smile contradicted her words. Aaron laughed
"I agree with that. You are crazy, Nichole" Aaron said as she got out of the place.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe I missed the three things somewhere but they're persistance, he likes her and his questions - is that them?_?

    Um.......!!!! (This will probably be the stupidest comment ever but oh well) I may be mistaken but I've never heard Aaron call her by her name or even her shortened name! I was excited by that and even smiling! I still am! Hahaha it's so weird how that made me giddy. <3

    This makes me reminiscent to the old days of DL with Nic and Aaron's flirting(that's how I saw it). Some of my favorite scenes. They have good natural chemistry in that way. It's interesting. Hahaha

    I love that picture! It's amazing! It makes me think of Nic and Mii. Ha!

    Where'd you get that prompt from? It was a good one. :) I like what you did with it too and made it a random story. So cute.
    But ugh! Nic was making me freak out just Aaron with that water bit >_<

    ReplyDelete