Sunday, May 25, 2014

Porque vivo/Because I live

 Me haces falta
En las noches cuando no quiero ver a nadie
Me haces falta cuando no me siento linda
Me haces falta en los días en que venias a mí por refugio

I miss you
During the nights in which I don't feel like seeing anybody
I miss you when I don't feel beautiful
I miss you on the days that you used to come to me for shelter

Te empujo al cajón del fondo de mi mente en los días que rio
Me digo que te he olvidado y ya no te anhelo cada día y lo creo
Y no te espero, y ya no te pienso
Y ya no te rio y ya no te lloro
Pero te extraño cuando el murmullo calla y el grillo canta
Cuando mi mente deambula como ebrio en un callejón

 I push you to the bottom of the drawer, to the back of my mind on the days that I laugh
I tell myself I´ve forgotten you and that I don’t long for you every day and I believe it
I don't wait for you, I don't cry for you anymore
But I miss you when there´s silence and the crickets sing
Whenever my mind stumbles like a drunk

Porque vivo todavía te conservo,
Porque te quedaste en mi recuerdo como otra pintura de hace tiempo atrás
Porque no estás te pienso en las noches en que no me tengo, en las noches en que no existo
Con corazón pesado y lágrima en mejilla toco la herida que ha sanado ya
No es la herida, es el recuerdo el que escoce la emoción

 Because I live, I have you with me
Because you´re stuck in my memory like one more painting from some time ago
Because you´re not here I think about you in the nights that I don't belong to myself, in the nights that I don't exist
With a heavy heart and a tear rolling down my cheek I touch the healed wound that you left
It´s not the wound that hurts but the memory that stabs my emotions

Es un instante que se estira en espiral desde donde contemplo el ayer
Donde tus manos rozaron el espacio en que no estaba
Y el mañana en el que de nuevo olvidaré tu ausencia

 It´s just a moment that stretches turning in spirals from where I glance back at the past
Where your hands grazed against the space in which I was not
And the future in which I´ll forget your absence once again

****
****

I liked this one, it just happened a few weeks ago haha it feels nice when poetry comes back to me, it´s been such a long time since my poetry muse has left me but hey! I’ll take what I can get haha Btw, my mom loved this one lol lol she says I got in her head and wrote her thoughts hahaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment