Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Meeting in Nuttyland

A/N: So this is some kind of fan-fiction from two stories, I have Josh and Nichole from my story, DL and Michaela and Dominic from my friend´s story LTMT. My two guests though didnt talk much so you could say they only have an appearance there... wich is gggrrrrrrrr >_< but hey, this is just having fun haha 
I have a song for this one hahaha it´s as crazy as this post --What are you waiting for? 

Get in the rabbit hole with me ;)
***

“Hey, Josh, come out here” I call Josh to the big white hallway that makes up my mind. I hardly ever get in there since it stretches long and wide, opening and closing doors that every time I see have doubled their number. I opened the door for him. I am not a corporeal presence there, I just am there. I transport him out of the DL room that more than a room is a galaxy of its own. I place him on the center of the hallway that leads to all of my thoughts. From the back of the infinite hallway there is a light overhead like a stage light and right in the middle of the hallway there is a tall wooden stool. Josh is now sitting there. I can see lights everywhere pointing at him, even camera flashes. He’s in a stage.

“Josh, what's this? Are you becoming more of a singer than a doctor?” I ask him in surprise
“I don’t know –he looks around in an adorable way- this is where you placed me” he tells me and the flashes and stage disappear. He stays there, sitting on the stool.

“Josh! I can see you!” I say as I observe his silhouette cut in the light, he´s now his seventeen year old self. I can see his shoulders and the shape of his body. He only smiles; I can see his perfect white teeth.
“Are you going to tell me about your childhood, that memory of you and your grandpa?” I ask carefully, he´s his younger self but there is the consciousness of the future somewhere in him, he could go there anytime if I´m not careful, he´s in a way, more in control in his older self, the younger Josh is much more private but the older Josh knows very well how to say no. He shifts on the stool and looks to a side where the DL door is, I know who he is looking for so I call her.

“Nichole, come join us” I say. She doesn’t respond but I can see her face with her bored expression. “Nic, come out to the hallway” I call her again. I know for sure that Josh is more than willing to talk when she´s around
“I´m fine where I am” her monotone replied. I pull her mentally closer to the door, she makes me stop “I´m not getting out of here” she threatens just to be difficult, I know, but I made her and this is my universe.
“I´ll make the wall recede so that you´re out of the door without moving” as I say it the shiny white wall on my left starts to move back, making the hallway wider. She rolls her eyes, I´ve made my point and she´s already very close to the door so she walks out and as she does I ask Josh “What do you see in her?” I speak to his mind so that she doesn’t listen. Tonight she's wearing a loose shirt, jeans, boots, and black gloves. My boy’s watching her walk, she looks way prettier from his eyes, she even walks in slow motion and although she´s only taken a few steps out of the door it seems a long walk from his eyes.
“Ah, Josh! Come on!” I complain in his mind and Whop! Like the sound of an elastic band going back to its original size, his mind and mine are in synch like when I write so we see the same thing: the girl standing there just staring at him. She can’t see me either. I'm just a presence everywhere.

“Here, have a seat” Josh stands up and lightly pushes the stool to the girl who’s just standing there
“Nope, I´m fine here” she refuses
“It’s ok, you can take it, don’t stay standing” he´s thinking it´s not polite to remain sitting while she´s standing
“You stay there” Nichole nods towards the stage light that is directed to the stool, he turns around to see it. Ah! He and I hadn’t notice it was still on but now that we do, the rest is obscured. He chuckles. Of course she doesn’t want the focus on her, he thinks, she´s never wanted it. So he sits and she leans against the wall and slides down until she´s on the floor sitting Indian style.

“There is someone I want you to meet” I say to Josh, he looks in the direction of my voice attentively “I don’t know if I can make it happen though” I say with hesitation, he gives me his “Why?” face, the one where he slightly tilts his head and his eyes shine with curiosity and attentiveness. Nichole fights a smile.

“Well –I don’t mind speaking to him- I have a hard time finding her and she doesn’t even belong to this universe, she doesn’t belong to me so she´s hard…-I start and he´s just looking in my direction-…although, I guess… -I ponder already standing with my non corporeal form in front of the door labelled LTMT- well, there´s a door with info about her, in a way she´s there” I say and go back to being sort of in front of Josh without really being there. Josh looks at me, even though he doesn’t really see me, expectantly, he´s seen her in my mind recently, when his thoughts take over mine, so in his young-self there is a Deja-vu kind of feeling when I talk about her

Silently I try to call her and I see her walking towards where Josh and Nic are, slow but not too slow, a little hunched but fighting to walk with head held high. She stops where I make her stop.
“Josh, Nic, this is Michaela, Mike” I am proud to say. I can see a very faint blush in her cheeks; Josh stands up with that feeling of Deja-vu in his mind
“Hi –he shakes her hand- I´m Josh” he smiles to her feeling that he knows her already but knowing this is not the case
“Hello, nice to meet you” my guest replies shaking his hand. I feel frustrated because I can barely see her
“Have a seat” Josh offers the stool to the new girl and she shakes her head no with a shy smile “It´s ok, you can have it” Josh smiles
“No, I´m ok” this Michaela keeps her polite smile, she´s touching her arm with her other hand but seems about to move to the stool anyways.
“You don’t have to sit there if you don’t want” monotone Nic tells the newcomer, she just looks at her, perhaps wondering what to do, reject the boy´s kindness? Or disregard the deadpan, blank stare of the girl?
“Nichole…?” Josh calls out the girl´s name with confusion
“The light, don’t make her sit under the spotlight” Nichole nods to the stage light and again Josh and I had forgotten about that. He chuckles, he´s always truly amused when he does this.
“Ah! Don’t worry then –he tells Mike- we need another chair” he says most likely to me but I just can’t make one at the moment. Mike looks around to the white hallway with many doors on both sides and their golden inscriptions. She's wearing one of her cute dresses. Should she sit on the floor?

This hallway is tricky. In a matter of seconds that no one noticed the doors have moved. Only a little while ago the DL door on the left and the LTMT door on the right were far apart, now they´re only a few feet away. As I notice this, we all look back to the door as it opens…maybe someone´s coming but no one appears there and my attention just don’t stay in one place…
“Josh, you should sing something with Mike, I´ve been wanting to hear you two” I say excited, since she´s here I might as well take the chance
“I don’t have my guitar” he shrugs a little, he´d have it if he could
“No problem” I say and materialize a brown simple guitar on his lap and a stool next to him for Mike.
In the distance I see a head peeking through the open door, it´s a boy of black hair. I wonder absently if I´m making him do this, he´d probably wouldn’t act this way, he´s all about keeping his cool but he´s done silly things in the past, in private, yes, but… hey, it looks cute and he was not planned to be here but maybe he wants in now that his girlfriend´s going to sing.

I see our newcomer so they all see him too. “Josh, Nic –I say- this is Dominic” I have a smile in my voice.
“Hey” Josh greets, Nichole nods observing the newcomer, she’s never been interested, and she gets bored easily. Dom only nods back to both of them and shows a little smile to his girlfriend. I want to laugh. I see similarities that I hadn’t seen before. Dominic leans against the white wall and bents his knee up, leaving his foot print on my wall.
“It´s nice to finally meet you and get to do this” Josh says now that Mike seems more comfortable and is sitting next to him on the stool. Mysteriously and like things happen in this place, Nichole now has her drawing pad and a pencil, she´s outlining the boy in front of her that´s watching Josh talking to his girlfriend. The girl seems bashful perhaps wondering why he´d want to meet her when she knows nothing about him until now.
“Thank you” Mike responds, she´s not much of a talker, not in Nuttyland and I just can’t get insider her head

Nichole keeps drawing; time goes by so differently in this place, sometimes so fast, sometimes so slow; it might give you a headache. She's currently staring at the pale boy in front of her, lean, leaner than Josh, also with more clothes, visible undershirt, shirt and jacket, three things at once while the other is just wearing a simple blue shirt.
The boy across from her catches her eyes and stares back, but she doesn’t care, it´s only fair. She´s now drawing his neck, having already outlined his face, his neck is partially covered by his untied hair. With her eyes she traces his neck, the slight bump of his Adam’s apple. He keeps staring back and she knows it but it doesn’t make her uncomfortable, she´s a starer herself whenever she finds something interesting to watch. This is the first time she´s seeing him so, a drawing is in order. She´s focusing now in his hands, hands are interesting to her; they say so much of the person.  She notices nails covered with black nail polish.
“A rebel” she thinks as she notices his girlfriend´s now staring at her and he has a raised eyebrow with a tiny smirk, maybe a “like what you see?” his jewelry reminds her of Ash and no! She growls to me in her mind
“No! No one compares to Ash” she tells me, now she´s mad at me and she lets me know it with a scoff. Careful Nic, I say, our guests might interpret that differently.

“She likes to draw –Josh explains to Mike- kind of like taking pictures, like you do”
“Oh” Michaela is curious to see what she´s doing; she doesn’t like how Nichole is staring
“You’re drawing us?” Joshua asks Nichole
“Not you” the girl smirks and nods to the boy in front of her. Said boy tilts his head slightly upward still with a raised eyebrow.
“Josh, Mike, you should sing now” I intervene because this is getting kind of boring.
“Ah, ok –Mike agrees, it seems like she´s got a hard time saying no- what do we sing?” she asks and I don’t think she wants to do this but maybe she wants to be a polite guest
“Everything has changed” I say
“Ah, but I don’t know the lyrics” she informs with a light blush. Nichole is still drawing but no longer staring at the boy, she´s started to work on the face of his drawing, shading here and there, correcting a line only on occasions she looks from it to the boy to notice details like the way he sees his girlfriend, there´s a shine that his eyes have, one that she particularly wants to capture. She shades the skin under his eyes
“He doesn’t sleep” Nic thinks and laughs in her mind. Of the four of them only the blush girl doesn’t have dark shadows under her big eyes. She´s not the only one to notice this
“Don’t worry –Josh smiles to Mike- there´s the lyrics –he pointes just ahead of them where a reflection like a hologram has appeared with the lyrics –they´ll go just like karaoke ones” he says making me do it his way but I´m happy to make it happen as he says.

The song starts with the first notes that Josh plays, the light´s now solely on them. This has a short introduction during which the other singer took a deep calming breath. Nichole´s making notes on her drawing pad to remember to finish Dominic´s drawings. She moves to the next page by the time the lyrics start.

Soft voice, the girl´s nervous, very nervous with the stranger’s eyes on her but she can do this, it´s just another public speech kind of situation plus it seems that in Nuttyland her voice´s improved and that smile that she loves is in her boyfriend´s face as if he´s unable to contain himself at the sight of her.
The song gets to the part where both have to sing and Josh smiles to her when her voice picks up, it doesn’t seem to be liked by her boyfriend’s though and he just feels like shaking his head at this but he just sings his part now. “All my walls stood painted blue, I´ll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you” he sings and I think that this is a good song for these four people, there are all sorts of walls in their stories that they sometimes take down, a pair more than the other but still… walls. I laugh at myself.

“all I know is a simple name and everything has changed…” both my boy and my guest are singing now and I think how random it is that these four are here now, with me, yet not exactly all of them are with me. Josh glances to the girl to his right, on the floor whose eyes are now on them, he shows her a smile as his head moves a little to the rhythm of the song.

“Green eyes and freckles and your smile” the song says. Nichole and I agree that it´s like the two singing, they could be siblings with how well they look there –Nichole tells me silently- although the girl is sort of fidgeting, touching her hair at times as she looks at her boyfriend through her long lashes almost as if she couldn’t take his gaze but unable and unwilling to look away.
Josh is now easy to draw for Nichole, his tousled short hair, his smile showing some teeth, his jawline, his shoulders, even the type of clothes he wears, simple, clean, and light. He´s so different from the other boy, less thin too, sports kind of guy yet his hands, like the other ne also have some calluses, from something different, she knows but…. She diverts her eyes from Josh, to see Dom across the hall observing her; she meets his gaze, there´s intent there.
“Huh, observing me too, interesting” she thinks and then “Whatever” he can watch but she knows he won’t, his attention´s back on his girl. The song comes to an end.

“Keep singing” Nichole tells them making a motion for them to continue, the boy across the hallway raises his eyebrows. He dislikes her tone, he´s fierce, nice, she thinks.
“You haven’t finished your drawing?” Josh asks her, he knows that´s why she wants them to continue, she thought it looked interesting. He doesn’t understand her much but of all the people he´s the one who understands her better.
“Nope, just starting on Michaela –she informs- is it alright for me to draw you?” Nic asks to the blushing girl as she spares a glance to her protective boyfriend
“You´re pretty –Nic shows a little smile to Mike- I´ll give you the drawings when I finish” she promises
“What do you want to sing?” the girl asks perhaps trying to avoid more attention on her
“A song that you like” Josh offers and she seems to ponder not knowing what to say
“Play one of their songs” Nichole´s monotone suggests
“Yeah –Josh agrees- except I don’t know the old ones” Josh apologizes to Mike, Dom scoffs
“You seem to know a lot about us” he says with a blank expression to Josh
“We hear all about you two here when she´s excited about you” Nichole replies catching Dom´s eyes and motioning her hands to the hallway, to the roof, to me.
“Eh…Something in the way you are –I think I whispered that one to Mike´s ear- do you know that one?”
“Ah, sure… but it´s kind of too high for my voice range” he says apologetically. Dominic is now on the floor, in his usual sitting way, a little somber, maybe he´s not taking it kindly that Josh will be playing one of his songs, one that he actually sung.
“Oh…” is there a little disappointment in that exclamation? Mike hides herself well from me. I don’t know.
“How about that one about the coffee shop?” Josh suggests squinting an eye trying to remember.
“Falling in love in a coffee shop?” Michaela confirms; her eyes went wider. Is she uneasy that they know these things? Maybe she is.
“Yeah, if you don’t mind –Josh smiles- and if you don’t mind, as well” he addresses the other boy who shrugs
“Go on” he says to Josh´s surprise. So Josh starts strumming his guitar with the soft sound of this song. He wonders how they´ll start this, together? Taking turns? But he doesn’t have to wonder because the girl starts on her own and it all goes mellow in the hallway, soft lights, peaceful atmosphere, just music that feels like sunset. Josh sings the second part.

Big green eyes that look away, the profile of a nose, the light makes it just a line, lips, pink tinted lips with a pucker of light on then and cheeks, blushed cheeks framed  by wild curls and waves that fall on delicate shoulders and lean arms. Michaela sits lady like. She´s pretty, Nichole thinks, real pretty, porcelain doll pretty, kind of the picture of innocence and well-dressed too. In the back of her mind, my girl guesses guys must stare at her all the time but with how she seems nervous at her stare she must not like it.
She notices their differences, she´s heard them too, she´s been longer in Nuttyland and her mind´s been with mine longer so listening to me is as easy as it´s listening to her for me. “Why do people say I´m hot?” she asks herself as she draws the legs of the girl in her pretty shoes. She tries to memorize details of shadings making mental notes because the girl´s clearly hating to be stared at. She´s made a simple drawing; the dim lights have helped her to finish faster, in time with the end of the second song. So she stands up.
“Can we see?” Josh asks, Mike moves in to see as well, Josh takes the drawing pad with a smile and shows it to the girl next to him.
“You look pretty” he compliments the blushing girl, her boyfriend has stood up by now.
“Thank you” Mike replies bashfully as Nichole takes the drawing pad and cuts the pages
“They´re roughly done but you can keep ‘em… -she offers them to Michaela- if you want”
“Yes, thank you, I like them” she says as she takes the pages and observes the one of her boyfriends, only his face and neck are finished, his hands started.

“See you around, kids” Nichole bows a little as she starts to walk back to her door, going away.
“Are you leaving?” Josh asks placing the guitar on the floor, she only nods as she opens the door and gets in

“I´m sorry, she´s….” Josh starts
“Jealous” Dominic says. Josh stares at him with furrowed eyebrows. Michaela stifles a giggle.
“You got it wrong” Josh thinks as he´s about to differ
“Guys, I really need to go to sleep…” I say, knowing it´s gotten late
“Oh!” say both Josh and Mike
“Well, it was nice to meet you, Mike. I had fun singing with you, maybe we could hang out sometime again” Josh stretches his hand to Mike with a smile
“Ah, sure, you too” she smiles maybe a little relieved… she´s not willing to talk much in Nuttyland. There is no commitment about another hangout either, which makes me sad.
“Dominic, nice to meet you too” my boy addresses the other boy
“Yeah” he simply says
“Bye” Mike waves as they turned to leave; their door is again far away so they´ll have to walk for a bit.

Josh gets in his door, it´s all green there, trees everywhere. “I think –he tells me- that Nichole is actually the kid among us, her birthday is the last one”
“Legally I´m the older” she retorts giving her location, placing Josh just next to her
“What are you doing?” Josh sits next to her
“Squirrels” she points up a tree where a couple of squirrels walk on the branches
“I thought you´d be doing your copy of the drawings….”
“I haven’t drawn squirrels in a while” she shrugs Josh smiles and takes his guitar to start playing. I close that door as I observe the two guests slowly walking through the long, white, wide hallway

“This place is strange” Mike comments as she touches the walks with the tip of her fingers as they walk, her boyfriend nods his agreement as he brushes his hand against hers, she looks around
“No one´s around” Dominic assures her and she relaxes. They walk hand in hand to their door until I can’t see them anymore and the lights start to dim…I know I´m falling asleep.


****
More A/N: The cool part about this meeting is that now I get to hang both Mike and Dom´s pictures on that hallway ha! they look really really hot btw lol lol 
Too much Nic, Saku? yeah, u r probably saying, yeah, she´s always there, let´s strangle her or something hahaha but she´s so much easier hahaha 

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling like an idiot! This was so adorable!! Josh was so good in your mind! Oh and the fact that this was your mind was unexpected but so very cool! I might do something like this. "Borrow" your idea huh? Teehee

    Ooooh!!! My lovelies! In your mind Mike is so shy!! Lol it's so cute! But you were really good about her being stared at. She hates that.

    I didn't hate that Nic was here. Haha although I thought she was a jerk for leaving the way she did, I liked her thoughts about those two. It was interesting but I would have liked to see yours about Dom. Your ones about Mike were really vivid. It's hard to get in her head I agree.

    Josh and Mike singing together was the greatest thing! And it was one of my favorite songs so that was a plus! But ugh!!! How hot was it to imagine him singing and planning. And he was so polite offering his seat to the ladies <3

    Oh!! One of my favorite parts was Nic saying they looked like siblings!! I was like gasp!! It's true! They have similar colors. And then they both said the same thing at the same time and I think my heart exploded! Lol precious!

    I loved that Dom let them sing. Lol he's real good about stepping aside if Mike is having a good time and I'm happy it happened here :) good job.

    This was so cool! Next time I want more interaction with you and DoMike and your two babies! Get on that!

    Oh yeah both endings were so DL and LTMT. Well the DL part was more the good old days of DL before the ending started. But DoMike walking the distance without a complaint was totally them! Good job on that <3

    Thanks for doing this. I loved seeing it!
    Wonderful experience! And I remember that song and video. The video works so well here!

    ReplyDelete