Monday, May 12, 2014

My Someplace is here (DL/TME side story)

A/N: Ash is still here! hahahaha he´ll always be around in a way lol ok, I liked seeing him in this one... I was not going to post this but yesterday I had lost the pages in which I had written it so I decided to post it  
Saku, don´t hate my girls in this one lol lol 
Ah! There is a song mentioned. The song
mmmmmm this was just a little bit I felt like writing so it probably has many mistakes.... hahaha ofc
****
I loved this image, as soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect for this one but in a way it makes me think of my dear friend Saku´s story, the roses, I think haha 


“I have my questions ready!” Marissa smiled once she finished going through the images of Ashley that Nichole had drawn and painted back when she was in high school
“Shoot”
“How old were you two?” Mari grinned, it was two questions in one and it’d tell her how long ago she’d made the drawings
“In this one –Nic pointed to a drawing of Ash sitting against a tree- I was 14 and he was 16”
“Wow! He liked little girls and you older men!” Mari giggled; Nic rolled her eyes
“What’s the best memory you have of him? -Mari asked and then before she spoke- Wow! That good? Look at your smile!” she exclaimed
“I can’t see myself without a mirror, you know” Nic said composing herself; so many memories had come to her mind. The other girl waited.

“I don’t know… -Nichole started after a minute- dancing at the sound of his grandma´s old vinyl records or when he taught me to bake or maybe the times when we watched the night sky from his backyard” she stopped herself
“Awwwww –Mari cooed- sounds like you had a sweet, sweet time with him and by the way, he taught you well” she winked. Marissa wanted to ask more details about those memories but she had one more question left, only one. -Will you tell me how he asked you out?”
“I asked him out” Nic smirked
“Really?!”
“No”
“Aww you said I could ask three questions”
“And you asked them, I never said I´d answer them”
“Nini!! You´re a trickster! Evil!” Mari pouted
“I am a monster –Nic smiled a bright smile- nice to meet you”
“Was it bad? Was it weird? Did you really ask him?”
“Aw, shut up –Nic rolled her eyes- he asked me out, like this” she showed her a painting in which Ashley was leaning on his elbows on a table, his chin resting on both his hands. A cap backwards on his head, a blue t-shirt with the words “This is ME” in bold letters and many bracelets on his wrists, there were beaded ones, braided ones, leather ones, plastic ones…He had a smile on his mouth and the slightest hint of a blush on his cheeks, expectation in his bright eyes. In front of him there were several cupcakes in a line, four with the shape of red roses as frosting, the next two with blue frosting and candy sprinkles on top, the last cupcake of the line was a white one. Marissa looked up Nichole for an explanation.
“Ash invited me to his house on a Saturday afternoon… when I arrived there was music playing, the old kind of music –a tiny smiled appeared on Nic´s mouth- his grandma liked that music and he´d gotten a liking for it. I thought she was there but she had gone to his aunt’s but I didn’t make much of the music…”
“What song was it, do you know?” Mari asked excited, Nic´s smile disappeared “ok, ok, continue, I won´t interrupt again”
“He opened the door for me, said he had something for me, I assumed it was food, the house smelled like fresh baked bread, I was right –she had a satisfied smile on her face- he took me to the kitchen and on the kitchen island I saw the cupcakes, he asked me to turn around and close my eyes –Nic laughed quietly as she shook her head- he was so crazy but I decided to indulge him, after a few minutes he asked me to open my eyes and when I did, he was like that” Nichole pointed at the drawing.

“See, I didn’t draw the whole thing but what´s missing here are the letters on top of each cupcake –Nichole pointed at the first rose cupcake- D, A –she had pointed at the next cupcake, spelling letters- T and E –was the last rose cupcake, she continued with the blued one- M and E- and finally she pointed to the white one- this one had a heart shape on top” she said with a soft smile gracing her lips.
“Awwwww that’s the cutest thing ever! –Marissa squealed- What happened next?”
“I stared” Nichole said as she remembered

“They taste good, made them myself” Ashley still with his chin on his hands said
“I´m sure” a younger Nichole said in her memory as she reached for the one with the heart shape. “I took a bite and he smiled” Nichole told Marissa
“Just so you know –Ashley had stood up to his full height now- the small letters say that if you take a bite of one you are agreeing” he had a little smirk, the younger Nichole shook her head.
“I´ll eat them all –she had a smirk of her own- even the small letters and you won’t have a proof that they ever existed”

“When I told him that, he walked to the other side of the kitchen island where I was, he stood close behind me and gave me this –Nichole pulled out her cat pendant from her shirt- then he came to stand in front of me, took my hand and said ‘be my girlfriend, kitten’ and I just took another bite of the cupcake” a little laugh escaped Nichole´s mouth
“That is so sweet, Nini! You should tell me more stories!” Mari said as Nic caressed the cat pendant between her fingers. Ash had been great, had known her without her even saying a word and yet he didn’t really know her at all. She sighed.

“How about this one? How did you get it?  -Marissa touched the other pendant hanging from the same silver chain- if it’s in the same chain it must be important” Marissa eyed the other pendant curiously, Nichole shook her head as she pulled the pendant from Mari’s fingers and hid it back inside her shirt
“You´ve run out of questions” Nichole told her as she calmly walked away to the door right behind her, her room, and once there she locked the door, opened her window, looked down and once she was sure no one was around, jumped out of it. In her mind the lyrics of the song she’d heard the day Ashley Cooper had given her that pendant.

Everybody finds somebody someplace
There's no telling where love may appear
Something in my heart keeps saying

My someplace is here…

1 comment:

  1. Ash was a great guy. It's sad what happened to him. He would have been a great father too. I would have dated him too lol he was hot! <3 He was clever room that was such a romantic gesture. I loved it and I hate that stuff!! Lol he makes it work though
    As for those others, I honestly have no words. I can only shake my head at what a hypocrite Nic is. Oh well.
    I love that picture! It's beautiful!! And even though it looks super sweet I would have eaten every one if Ash gave them to me hahaha

    ReplyDelete