Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A photocopy I found

I have so much to study...I was looking on my folders, the ones that have things from past semesters...I found a photocopy and it had two little stories. Some teacher gave us that page...I`m not sure why...I do remember that day we had some sort of a reflection moment... anyway I wanted to post these here... they`re translated by me -I hope I did it well- they`re taken from the book Bocas del Tiempo written by Eduardo Galeano. 
So here they are: 

Moral And Good Customs
màscara de una tribu de Zimbabwe.
She was locked in a room, tied to a bed.
Everyday a man came in, always the same men.
After a few month, the prisoner got pregnant.
Then, she was forced to marry him.
The captors were not policemen nor soldiers. They were the mother and the father of this girl, almost a child, that had been found when she was kissing and touching a girl, a classmate of hers.
In Zimbabwe, in 1994, Bev Clark listened to her story.

Fishes


Mr or Mrs? or both at once? or sometimes he is a she, and sometimes she is a he? In the depth of the ocean, you never know.
The groupers and other fishes are great in the art of changing gender without surgery. The females became male and the males became females amanzingly easy; and no body is bullied or acused of treachery to the nature or to God`s law.

No comments:

Post a Comment