Monday, June 27, 2011

gender neutral

I think I want to move to Sweden btw that reminds me I had a dream that I went to live there lol anyways why am I saying this? because I just read some article -who knows how accurate it is though- that describes this pre-school where there´s no anything that reinforce gender-roles and I find it amazing! I dont know if that is because a few years ago I read this thick book on feminism and how gender-roles are given to us since before we are born or because I had a very very feminist teacher -but yeah, I am indeed a feminist, though not a man hater at any rate- n yeah my university has lots of feminist teachers, pretty much all of them, but anyways I found the idea amazing and well I´ve always have this idea that when I have children -though I refuse to ever have them haha- I´d like to try not to give those gender-roles -you can blame my father for making me a feminist(that´s nice dad!- Of course after the articles there were many comments...many of them dissappointed me, one of them said that they´re emasculating men, I was like whaatt??!! and some others asking who´d like to marry a gender-neutral man or woman, to be honest I would -though I dont want to marry, but Im just saying- I think most of the people who disagreed with this iniciative must be old? not that Im saying by any means that old people clinges to stereotypes but I´ve seen that they tend to do it more than younger people or maybe they were very religious since they were treating the topic as if the iniciative is trying to change gender when it only tries to give equality I guess.
One more thing, there was, of the comments I read, one that I think is more logic or valid and it was related to the fact that in the school the tales and books all deal with topics related to adoption, homosexuality and stuff like that and you wont find there cinderella or white snow, well the person said that it was true there were not typical stereotypes there but they were making other stereotypes I think this person was kind of right not that Im against of any of that, on the contrary I think it´s nice that they´re giving this children the oportunity of being open-minded but yeah that, in a way is making another stereotype, ok, probably not in a bad way but it´s just another way since before the whole thing of girls must be girly and men must be manly was consider "natural" nowadays what´s "normal" is changing and I think Im glad for that, after all, as I read somewhere "normal is the exception to the rule" :)
here´s the article:

** and yeah, like everything in this blog, this is only my opinion, my point of view -that makes me think that I should put my last blog description again "looking life though Meztli´s (Moon´s) eyes" and that is it, just my thoughts on the matter

No comments:

Post a Comment