Sunday, June 19, 2011

wandering 6 *Scire


She went to sleep peacefully but it was Anna so it couldnt last long, it wasnt so easy for her, it was never easy for her. Like nagging drops the images of the day came to her mind. Her brain seemed to have something wrong why didnt it let her sleep? it even showed her that he cloth, that one day was tight on her now was loose, was she loosing weight? She remembered some article she had read about the metabolism of some people, about how they easily loose weight. At some point, the other Anna, the other voice in her head woke up to show her an image of certain someone, someone that she didnt even knew, someone she knew didnt exist but she knew that she loved, she adored that someone or at least she had the need of that person. The truth was that this misterious person her inner voice was making her remember did existed, Anna did knew that someone, it had have a face, she just didnt know it, not just yet.
After a little while Anna realized she wasnt dreaming, she wasnt sleeping, she was in the middle of one of her conversations with her inner voice.
she growled internally "do something productive!!" but she couldnt think of anything of use that she could without having to leave her warm and confortable bed. She knew that if she moved she wasnt going to find that nice spot again. If anyone had seen her the position in which she was would´ve seem incredibly unconfortable but it was heaven for her. Since she didnt found anything to do she gave up and started to talk to her inner voice.
"Im your conscience" the inner voice said
"I dont think so... if what you are is my conscience then...." the inner voice laughed with amusement
"what am I then?"
"you´re problably the first symptoms of schizophrenia"
"do you really think so?- the inner voice had taken a serious tone- but after so much time -almost thirdteen years, because she had no memory from before she was three or four- dont you think that the schizophrenia would´ve taken control of you, that I´d have taken over you?"
"you make me go nuts!!"
"ok, but I dont think that I, whatever I am, am a symptom of some desease, Im not a symptom of you going crazy, not like that at least" the inner voice had now an amused tone of voice.
"I dont know, remember that in our family medical record ther are those types of deseases"
"yeah but they never thought they were sick, they thought they were healthy, they never admitted it and you, all you do is to think that you are getting crazy"
"don´t like, we dont do either, it´s true that I say that but never in public, I´d never admit that to strangers" Anna sighed "see, even know Im talking in plural, as if I am not one but two. I must be metal"
"No, you are not! plus it sounds better when you talk in plural because, at least, crazy or not, there are two voices, two sides of you that talk, you have someone to talk, dont you?" the inner voice said trying to confort Anna
"you encourage my insanity! and now the only thing I can think about is that I should give you a name!"
"awesome -the inner voice said cheerfully- that makes me happy"
"obviously! my insanity grows exponentially now!!"
"tell me my name" the inner voice prompted
"I dont know what to name you, you know Im bad at that"
"mmmm what about if you name after a color"
"a color? "
"yeah, like mmm our favorite color is blue, what if you use a contrast color?" said eagerly the inner voice
"then it´d be orange? that the contrast color of light blue" Anna´s brows furrowed a little

"I cant be named ´orange´!!" both bursted out laughing
"no, I dont like that" Anna said
"yeah, we´re crappy at this" the inner voice laughed
"what about Noir?- before the inner voice could say a thing, Anna interrupted her with a word- Scire, that´d be your name" and she smiled pleased at the name she´d come up with
"Scire -the inner voice laughed a little- and you say Im not you conscience!"
Anna and Scire laughed as they feel they were falling in the middle of the night and it´s quiet sounds. Anna and Scire let themselves be wrapped in a magic dream while repeating as if she was going to forget, as if she was calling someone she´d lost ´Scire... Scire... Scire...Anna...Scire, Sci..´

5 comments:

  1. Scire? What color is that? I need to look it up. I like that you didn't go the typical route and pick red as the opposite of blue.
    I love Scire. Its so funny and reminds me of a conscious... telling you the opposite of what you're thinking! I said it but is Anna's inner voice a girl like her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say how much that picture is the perfect contrast to Anna and Scire. And it can also go either way. With both of them being either white or black! Sometimes Scire seems more sensible than Anna and vice versa lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my writing teachers would give me a bad grade for not thinking in the audience! major fail! I didnt include that Anna didnt decide for a color but for some name in latin, Scire which is part of the word "conscience" in latin.
    Now, the question I dont think I understand it, a girl like her meaning shy and crazy as her? or if it has like a gender?

    Im glad you like the picture! n Im happy that it shows what I wanted it to show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant is Scire a girl? Like is she/he a girl Like Anna is a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scire must be a girl like Anna because she is basically Anna herself but the idea of them being different is appealing for my muse ;)

    ReplyDelete