Sunday, August 19, 2012

Leave



Don´t worry, beloved one,
I´ll get over it, as I´ve done with everything else.
I promise I´ll forget about you,
no matter how many tears it costs.

Be certain that I will hear you in every song,
and a ghost of you will be drawn by every note.
Flashes of memories and feelings will torment me
but I´ll pour oblivion to them and little by little they'll be erased.

Eventually, the truth will be undisclosed, I promise
but by then, dust will be the only remain, you´ll see,
the sound of words will be lost and
this day, this time, this inside me will never come back,
not even for you.

No, love, this is not a tragedy,
this is life.
When did you learn to copy words from me?
yours have always been the most beautiful ones.
Do not let me consume you,
I'm fighting hard to not let you do the same to me.

*****
This song made me want to write this: Flames even though the topic is the totall opposite of what I wrote. The song seems to be a promise to stay, my poem seems to be a promise of leaving

2 comments:

  1. This ia a promise to leave and forget. It's kind hard and melancholy. Seems harsh to completely toss someone from your thoughts, your memories, your life. But at the same time it's really cool as well. I liked it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, leaving and forgetting is always hard and melancholic.

    Thank you for reading and commenting and of course I´m glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete