Saturday, April 6, 2013

Despite life


I was great
Yesterday was good, fun
Despite the pain, despite the walking, despite life
I woke up today to a warm bed, a comfortable pillow, a smile of my brother
I wanted to have a good day
But it seems it´s starting with a lot of drama
I´ve been throwing the word love this whole week
And it just keeps stabbing me
It´s as if what I give is never enough
I just can´t break myself and put me back together to fit what others want
It hurts and it has me broken and cracked and withered
I can´t do it anymore
But that seems to be what others want of me
Maybe they think I´m some kind of clay that they can mold to fit in the spaces they want
When will they mold to me?
Perhaps that's something that someone like me shouldn´t expect
And I don´t
And my heart confuses my mind
And I do
And they expect it from me
And they take chunks of me
I never learn....
Things are still the same, people´s just people, just men, just women...
I could give them names but they´re just what they are
I shouldn´t expect and I don´t but I do
I set myself for things like this
But it´s Saturday and I was wishing for a good weekend
I won´t mold to them anymore, be sad for them, 
Go on loving them despite the pain, despite the stabbings, despite life
And I know I lie
I can´t just forget them like they do once I´m of no use to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment