Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Mind Wanders


 *I found this one buried in my e-mails. I wrote it in February 25th of 2011*
I love this pix. It´s in the vid of "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran

I used to loved him,
He was my everything,
He was all for me but he destroyed it all.
I don’t love him anymore,
And now I can say it coldly, finally.
I never expected to stop loving him
Or to be able to say I loved him
But I don’t love him anymore.

I am your light,
That´s what was unstated in us,
I am your light and when your eyes are closed like that I´m in darkness.
You are my light we both said to each other.
No more light,
Our eyes are closed and we are asleep,
Some annoying dream is what we see.
The light´s gone and we´re tired of watching,
We´ll go on sleeping.

My mind drifts away to other paths…
Fantasies come to my soul,
Fantasies that once were yours,
That once I dreamed for us.

I loved him
And I loved him deeply,
With every atom of myself.
He and I were the only thing that existed
But we didn’t really exist now I know.
I thought it was alive but it was not,
It died away.
Love songs were mine,
Love songs were you,
Your name is no longer in their notes…
My mind drifts away to other paths.

1 comment:

  1. What I really liked was that line about being the light but because the eyes were closed they became darkness. I guess those were two lines... Ha anyway they made me think that the lover/important one knows the persons worth but chooses to look away from that. Like taking for granted and things like that.
    I also like how it uses "love" and "loved" immediately after the other. It's like once love is there it's there but also once the relationship is broken(no matter what kind of broken) it becomes past tense because its just too much to take to continue being hurt by it. Something like that.

    ReplyDelete