Monday, April 1, 2013

The Devil and its Pawn

A/N: It got a little longer than what I expected... but here is is... the second and final part of this tale.



“Is your talent to eavesdrop?” she said to me. I thought she was oblivious of me. I opened my eyes and light was filtering from somewhere for I saw her features, she was wearing a white dress with a low cleavage. I said nothing, my legs were killing me. It was like thousand needles pinching my skin. She walked to me, knelt down and grabbed my arm, she bit my wrist, and something cold was entering my veins as my warm blood was gushing out to her mouth.

“Your system is clean of narcotics now” she announced getting up, once again she sat on an invisible chair right in front of me. “Now, tell me what´s your name?”
I didn’t answer. She chuckled. “Jaune did bit your tongue but it must be healed by now”
“Healed?” the word called my attention, dead men do not heal.
“Yes –her voice was similar to those of women on expensive perfume commercials- you are healing… you had a good plan there… there was no way you could´ve survived a fall like that or the amount of drugs on your blood, you made Jaune hallucinate a little –she chuckled- too bad I was around, too bad I saw you sitting there and waited the exact moment when you fell”
“What am I doing here? Who are you?”
“Ah, you know who I am, you heard Jaune say my name”
“Omega” I whispered
“Exactly” she smiled, I caught a glimpse of her white teeth and her long canines “Now tell me what to call you”
“I don’t remember” I lied, I didn´t want to be called my name anymore. I had gone there to stop being who I was and there was this woman asking for my name. She chuckled.
“Your blood told me your name and you do remember but I don’t mind giving you one” she put her index finger under her chin looking up as if she was deep in thought, then she laughed quietly “When you fell, it looked like you were falling from the sky”
“What do you mean my blood told you?”
“I know everything you know, it´s all in your blood, you know, life is in the blood”
“Don´t you get tired?” I asked, she´d been all the time sitting on an invisible chair
“I don´t” she sat on the floor Indian style; she was in the exact same spot.
“How do you do that?”
“You are very curious… I like it. You´ll be able to do something like it… it´ll take time though”
“It?”
“Yeah, I told you, you broke your neck and your back in two places, that´s why you can´t move now but you will”
“And you know that because…?”
“Because you are mine, Sky, and I don´t fail”
“So, I am not dead?”
“You are not” she said and I closed my eyes tightly “Are you disappointed?”
“I wanted to die” I said bitterly
“You died” she said
“Are you having fun telling me I am dead and then that I am not dead?” I was angry
“Actually, I am –she chuckled- I am only disappointed you haven´t guessed what we are” she sighed, I glared at her “What do you think we are?” she asked placing a cold hand over my thigh
“I don´t know… I thought you were some animal and when I thought I was dead I thought you were some kind of demon, you even said you were the devil…”
“I can´t be the devil because you´re not dead?” she raised her delicate eyebrows
“No”
“Why not?”
“I don´t believe in such things” I said, she laughed
“But when you thought you were dead you believed, how´s that?”
“If I were dead I could asses that there are indeed things like heaven or hell”
“So, you coming to the mountains…?”
“Why do you ask? Didn´t you say that you knew all I knew?” I said and she laughed again
“I knew I´d like you, you´re good” she leaned over me and kissed my neck softly to then bite me hard. I tried to push her but my hands wouldn´t move so I shouted her to leave me alone. She did.

“Guessed what we are already?” she tilted her head. I had but it was too unlikely, they were a living myth. My eyes widened. Omega was about to say something when Jaune entered complaining, he was shaking his head, his curls were damped, he was wearing a long leather coat.

“Animals are so tasteless, Omega, please let´s go home”
“I thought you´d found something more like your tastes our there” she smiled charmingly and he seemed bewitched. “We´ll go home soon” she said
“Really?”
“Feed him” she nodded towards me. He glared at me. She laughed. “You´re such a good actor, Jaune” she patted his shoulder and he took her hand and gently spun her around and pull her to him as if they were dancing. He kissed her cheek and she smiled. 

“Now, go feed him, the stronger he gets, the faster we go home” she placed a peck on his cheek. Jaune walked slowly towards me with a scowl, I glared back. He knelt down next to me and bit his wrist and placed it on my mouth, I frowned and moved my face away, he moved my wrist following my mouth, his blood fell over my nose and cheeks and lips, it smelled somewhat metallic. I kept moving my face away and he growled.

“You´re making me lose my patience” he held my head in place with both hands and plastered his lips on mine, I fought but it was useless, he bit my lip and out of reflex I gasped opening my mouth, I felt his tongue darting in and once again I tried to resist, this time he bit my tongue and I tasted my own blood, I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt his tongue again and this time it was me who bit him. I felt him smile against me. I growled, both our bloods mixed in my mouth. I found it odd how I could differentiate the taste of my blood from his. I started to feel out of breath and also disgusted not only by the taste of my own blood but by the feeling of Jaune´s tongue and lips. I bit him again but he only smiled again, that made me mad and in order to not choke from the blood that had already filled my mouth I swallowed it in three big swallows. He let go and I glared.

“Finally” he said as I spit the rest of the blood. He frowned and held my face once again, he made me swallow a large amount of his blood until I pushed him hard, I don´t know how I gained motility but I pushed him with both hands and he flew across the cave, he fell on his feet only a little unbalanced. Omega laughed.

“Well done, Jaune, Sky” she nodded towards me. My breathing was labored
“Don´t ever touch me again” I glared at Jaune
“You should thank him –Omega told me- he´s just given you the ability to move your arms again. Will you keep feeding him, Jaune?” she smiled to the young man
“He can find his own food” Jaune glared “He´s ready”
“I know, dear, but he´s too stubborn, he wants to be dead… your provocations will make him get in command of his body again” she smiled at him and slowly his contorted face relaxed leaving him with a stare of adoration for her, she jumped and he caught her in his arms, she kissed his cheek and then his neck, he closed tight his eyes for a second and then she whispered something to his ear, he smiled.

“Won´t you feed today?” his voice was gentle
“I will” in the blink of an eye she was next to me, she knelt down and bit my neck. I was about to push her but she grabbed my wrist with inhuman force and pined my arms on the ground over my head. She bit me and then se licked me, her black hair tickled my skin, I noticed she smelled like the woods.

“Thank you” she moved her lips against my neck
“For?”
“I like the smell of woods” she smiled against my skin again. She bit me and then licked me again, the more she did it the less it hurt but my eyes felt as if they were being sucked from the inside all over again. I closed them and sighed relaxing my body and focusing on my breathing like some therapist had taught me.

“It´s a good technique –Omega said standing up- but I like it better when you fight” she pouted and her expression was that of a child, it inspired the feeling of wanting to protect her but she was not a woman who needed protection.
“Do you read minds or something?” I asked, she chuckled and Jaune rolled his eyes
“I told you that your blood tells me”
These people are crazy I thought as I flexed my arm and rejoiced on it. I felt pain but not as bad as before, maybe I had grown used to it like when I was alive.

“If you didn´t fight Jaune so much, you´d be able to hear what his blood has to say”
“I thought you said you preferred me when I fought”
“I do” she chuckled. She´d drained me; I felt thirsty, hungry… exhausted in general. I didn´t care about them, I closed my eyes and drifted to something similar to sleep.

“You seem happy tonight, Jaune” Omega kissed his lips; he placed gently his hand on the small of her back. She was wearing a royal blue dress with an ample skirt and a fitted bust.
“I am” he said remaining close. She lifted both of her perfect black eyebrows “There has been an excursion… someone fell” he smiled showing his large canines, she half-smiled and I was terrified by the implications of that

“I´m glad you enjoyed… Did it quench your thirst?”
“Yes” he placed his cheek on top of his head
“Good… tonight you are feeding Sky again. It seemed to upset him and it certainly upset me”
“I don´t want him near me” I said
“I don´t enjoy being close to you either” he said with disdain
“Calm down boys… Sky, you´ll starve if you don´t let him… and Jaune –she placed a hand on his cheek- this way we´ll be home sooner”

Jaune sighed and went to me, I tried to push him but he seemed stronger than last time. It all happened again, the mix of blood and his blood in my mouth, I remembered what Omega said about my blood telling her things and if felt curious which made me go over my disgust of blood and of being pinned down by a man. I decided to control my breathing and swallow small sips. I closed my eyes and tried to relax, I kept swallowing blood, he didn´t bit me anymore but allowed me to do so, I felt a faint sweet smell, like the smell of female perfume, I felt him smile on my lips and I bit him hard causing a small gasp on him. After that I heard a voice, a female voice but it was not Omega´s. I opened my eyes. Jaune had his eyes closed, I noticed his fair skin and tiny purple veins on his eyelids, his curls fell on my face, they were shiny as if they reflected light.

He moved his lips against mine and his tongue darted in and I just bit him again. I heard a laugh, it was not Omega´s. He bit me. I squeezed my eyes closed. I saw a face coming close to mine, a young girl, straight black hair partly covered by a gray hat, she smiled closed to my face and then all I saw was her falling down the cliff of the smaller rock mountains. I felt Jaune moving his lips against mine, it was as if he wanted me to bite him, I did it. I saw the girl covered in blood, blood coming out of her head, I felt myself hoover above her, I licked her face, and she tasted sweet, like her perfume. I kissed her soft full lips. She was moaning in pain, she barely breathed. I bit her neck and sucked her blood it tasted sweet. Jaune started to retreat and I couldn´t help but pull him down, this was sweet and warm, like hot chocolate with marshmallows and vanilla. He smiled and complied. I drank her. Melissa just turned twenty five, she had a small sister and she had wanted to take pictures close to the edge of the cliff. She wanted to be a nurse. She was scared, she felt where her injures were, and she knew she was going to die. “Calm down” I heard Jaune´s voice say without him talking at all. “Just close your eyes and it´ll pass” his voice whispered and then I felt her smell closer, her sweet scent and sweet substance in my mouth stated to turn cold and greasy, sour and I wrinkled my nose.

“She´d died” Jaune murmured against my mouth. My eyes popped open, mouth slightly agape.
“How?” I felt my lips brushed against his
“You heard what my blood had to say” he was just above my face, I felt his breath on me
“You killed that girl” I whispered
“She died when she fell… she was going to die anyway… no need to waste her sweet blood… Don´t pretend you didn´t like it” he started to get up and for some reason I pulled him from the lapels of his coat making myself sit. From the corner of my eye I saw Omega smiling.

“More” I heard myself say and it was no longer myself. I didn´t care about being alive or dead or if I was in heaven or hell or if my family had found the suicide note in my car or if they were looking for my body or if these people were a myth and me with them now too or if I had hated them with all my heart, I didn´t care at all, I just wanted more of that sweet, warm sensation in me. Jaune pushed my hands away

“I´m not your caterer” he huffed. I stay sat, my mind going over and over of what I had known of Melissa, of her sweet smell of her warm essence or her happy smile. I wanted to feel what Jaune made me feel again, pain had gone away, everything had gone away; it was just me and the warm sensation rippling through me.

“Did you figure out what we are?” Omega was in front of me, her hand extended to me, as if she was going to help me to stand up
“Does it matter?” I took her hand and to my surprise I stood up
“No, it does not” she smiled pleased, her gray eyes gleaming “Are you dead?”
“I am” she was slowly guiding me to the insides of the cave where I heard and felt water
“Good. Are you alive?” she seemed to ask the things I had asked
“I am” the texture of the dirt in my feet was harsh but I felt every grain of dirt, the small pebbles and twigs too. 

The cave seemed to be lit when we stopped for a moment and I saw the gray stone above us and around us. Clink. Jaune was playing with his lighter again; the flame was so beautiful in its short life. Clink. It was a silver lighter. Jaune´s eyes were blue, like the ocean, he breathed slowly, he looked at me watching him, he observed me too, the flame on and off as we did so.
“Who are you?” Omega took me out from my dazed state tugging me to take another step
“Sky” I said and her face was filled with delight
“Who are we?” she asked making me step inside what looked like a pool, inside the rock there was a mall pond, some light filtered there making the water glow. It was beautiful.
“The devil and his pawn” I glanced Jaune, he scowled. Omega laughed.
“And… the three of us are…?” she asked, I watched her, her cheeks were perfect, her gray eyes looked feline, she had luscious black hair that fell around her white creamy face, her lips curved in a small smile that revealed a white fang.

“Vampires” I breathed and got in the pond. I felt emptier that ever. 

1 comment:

  1. They were confusing the mess out of me with those conflicting questions. Hahaha I had to read them over to understand what was happening

    I had a feeling they were vampires but geez were they full of blood! They had tons and didn't get light headed in the slightest. But being undead I guess they can be any way you want. which is the cool part.

    I actually didn't know Sky was a guy until reading this part! But now that I know it's like so obvious with his toughness and the type of fight he put up.

    I wonder if he'll become strange like they are now that he's like that? Hmm... something to ponder I suppose.

    ReplyDelete