Sunday, October 28, 2012

Double Life: Good Samarithan




“What happened to you?” Nichole asked. She had taken the longer path to the dorms, the one that entered the border of the woods. The boy quickly blinked and took his phone out to see who was talking to him.
“What are you doing here?!” Aaron said surprised
“I am walking and you are bleeding, why?”
“I got into a fight” he glanced to a side
“You´re getting expelled” she said nonchalantly
“No, I am not” he winced as he stood up. She shrugged

“Do you think I´ll get expelled?” he asked above a whisper
“Maybe”
“But you hit people and you never get expelled”
“Self-defense” she started to walk
“This was too!” he followed her, she glanced him uninterested. “You don´t believe me!”
“Believing you or not is not something I´m concerned of”
“But you believe me…?”
“I don´t care” she walked swiftly
“I need your help” he said a little bashful. She didn´t stop “Nichole, please” she kept walking, he hurried to get closer. “Please I can’t get expelled” he said blocking her way. She raised an eyebrow. “Just help me to sneak in without the dorm supervisor noticing me… distract him or something” he motioned his blood stained shirt
“Call your brother”
“Josh is not good at sneaking in” he huffed and she felt like laughing as she recalled all the times he´d gotten in her room and out of the school with her.
“He can pretend he´s you… you´ve done it before” she walked around him
“Please, Nichole, I´ll do whatever you want just help me, please” he pleaded
“That’s what your twin is for”
“I don´t want him to know, he´ll be very angry” he explained, she shrugged again “he seems happier now, he was very upset  when we entered here but now he seems to even like it here, I don´t want to ruin that for him”
“Shouldn´t you have thought about that before getting into a fight you clearly couldn´t win?” she stopped to look at him
“I won!” his expression was angry
“You lose anyways”
“I know –he sighed- I´m sorry. Please, please, help me, I´ll owe you big time” his eyes pleaded along with his voice. Nichole sighed.
“Ok, wait here”
“Thank you so much” he sat, his back against a tree
“Don´t thank me, you offered twice that you´d do anything I wanted and be sure that I´ll collect” she smirked to a wide eyed Aaron “Now, look up, your nose´s bleeding too much” She walked away.

 “Come, someone may pass in here” Nichole said leading Aaron into the woods once she came back, she´d changed her uniform for a pair of jeans and a black turtle neck sweater that matched her black gloves. Aaron stood up and followed her. Once she stopped he sat on the grass, she knelt in front of him, opened her messenger bag and took out a small first aid kit. She damped some cotton with alcohol and cleaned the cut near his eye
“Ouch” he winced
“No wonder you end up like this, you´re a cry baby” she cleaned the dry blood near his lip
“I told you I won” he protested. She cleaned the dry blood on his cheek
“How can you even see in here?” he asked wincing. She stopped, took a flashlight out of her bag and turned it on.

“Here” she tossed him a cookie bag once she finished cleaning and putting a Band-Aid on the cut near his eyebrow
“Thank you” he said surprised. She gave him a jacket, he looked at it for a moment. “Is this Josh´s jacket?!”
“Did you want one of mine? I can give you this one” she pointed to her black sweater. His eyes widened a little
“Why do you have Josh´s jacket?” he asked trying to see her better. She lifted an eyebrow but he couldn´t see it, he narrowed his eyes and started to unbutton his uniform shirt. She looked away. “Do I make you uncomfortable?” he smirked
“You do, but not for the reasons that you are implying” She took a bottle from her bag and tossed it to him.
“What´s this?”
“That´s honey and you´ll be putting it on the bruises you got” she stood up. Aaron lifted an eyebrow. “Don´t do it if you don´t want” she held out her hand
“I´ll take it”
“Later” she started to walk away
“Hey, wait! –he caught up to her- let me treat you to dinner as a thank you”
“No, I´ll tell you what I want from you when I feel like it”
“I know, I know, you´ll collect” he made air quotation marks “but this is my treat”
“Your brother is in the cafeteria now”
“No, he´s not” he looked his watch, she glanced him “dinner´s at 7:00” he said smiling a little.
“Dinner´s whenever you have it”
“Mom always made us have dinner at 7:00… by now our stomach knows the time” he chuckled to himself, the corner of her mouth went up a little “It´s past 8:00 now, it´s unlikely that he´s there”
“What if he is?”
“He won´t. You´ll go?” he sent a text message
“No”
“Ha!” Aaron said watching his phone “see? He´s not in the cafeteria” he showed her a text from Josh. She shrugged with indifference. “oh! Come on! You gotta eat!” he said. She stopped under a light. He saw her piercing gaze staring at him. “What I´m saying is that you will eat and so will I, we can do it while sitting on the same table” They started to walk again as she rolled her eyes.

*****
This one´s short -just a little shorter than the others- but if not, it was going to be considerably longer than the rest. I had originally planned to do scenes where Josh appears with the group of friends mixed with the ones where Nic and Aaron talk but in the end I decided against it -even though those things are happening at the same time.

**My internet´s very slow today for some reason -I think it´s to annoy me- which is why this one will be posted without picture ¬¬ how ironic, yesterday the internect connection was fine but I couldn't use the computer and now that I can use it, the stupid internet is way too slow...

2 comments:

  1. The internet is out to punish me for my loyalty! Ugh!!

    So this is after the earlier in the day scene with the music room correct?

    Nic was so mean making him chase after her when he was hurt. Lol. But Aaron needs to learn to not be so thoughtless. Fighting is how he's in boarding school from the get go. He needs to be more responsible and not expect others to clean up his messes or assist him with the clean up. Oy that boy...

    She still had Josh's jacket from the twin's birthday? Or did he leave it after one of their night adventures? Haha

    I cracked up at her going to change while he was outside bleeding! Lol She is evil!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, after the music.

      she´s learned, her maybe friend Josh started to b her friend that way :p hahaha Yeah, he´s too idk let´s his impulses get the better of him

      after one of their other night adventures, after the going to swim.

      ahahaha well, a girl like her is not comfortable in her uniform, she prefers a pair of jeans than a skirt :p

      Delete