Sunday, October 21, 2012

Preaching?

I feel a little -a lot- like a hypocrit... I was watching some videos. I clicked this one, the song was about God -the one I posted last time "open the eyes of my heart Lord, open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you...- I scrolled down to the comments and see this person who wrote something complaining about God and how he didn´t understand how God could do bad thing to ppl. This person said he´d been bullied his whole life in school and that he had to move and when he did that he contracted a desease that kills 60% of the ppl who contracts it, he survived but lost the ability to use his right leg and he´s in pain all the time, he said he´d be better dead.

For some reason I answered his comment, someone had said that maybe he lived so that he changed his attitude towards God, I thought that was kind of mean, I don't think God would do that but I answered, I answered even though I´ve said and thought those same things. I said that pain makes us angry but that God hadn´t given him that desease... as I wrote I thought I could understand that man... one day I was able to walk normally and the next I couldn´t use my right leg anymore and I´m in pain all the time. I am angry. Every Friday I sort of pray and tell God that I´ll go to church that Sunday but I don´t go... And I often cry and wonder why He´s let me live when I was supposed to die before being born and then when I was 7 in the ocean, it was beautiful what I saw but I´m still here and now I´m in pain and I believe but I said things that I don´t do that sometimes I don´t feel. Mother´s said that this all has a purpose and I tell her angrily that I want no purpose. She tells me that God doesn´t want to have me like this and that he didn´t give me this desease and I tell her how come if He´s allmighty He let it happen...

I told this guy that it was our choice to focus in what we do have and that I knew pain was too much sometimes but why to let it engulf everything else? I asked.... I try, I try a lot to see what I do have, the ppl that loves me, the blessings I do have, the fact that my other leg and hands are fine, I try to do what I can with what I have but sometimes it´s too much and I get angrier yet here I am telling that to this person. I feel like a hypocrit...

I wanted to say that I´d pray for this person. I didn´t. I don´t know if my praying will help, it´s even hard to pray for myself because it always makes me sad that pain doesn´t go away, that my leg is weak and that I have to use that horrible croutch ... But, God, he claimed to be atheist and I guess that´s fine but maybe we all need something bigger and powerful to believe in... with all my heart I pray for this person to find peace...

3 comments:

  1. Peoples depend on God for too much. They need to take responsibility for some things because he does give people the freedom to make their own decisions, thats what the stories show anyway. He only steps in when there is no hope and no direction from what Ive read....
    Sorry you guys feel this way though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting this one. You know what´s the interesting part? this person answered me and he thank me for being kind and polite not like the rest of the ppl, he also apologized to the rest, apparently my reply made him realize he was out of line

      Delete
  2. Now that is something that can make a person's day. Knowing what you said was enough to change someones mind or make them stronger as a person

    ReplyDelete