Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Grain of Sand


Damn me!
I shouldn´t love you.
I laugh with irony,
there it is,
I´m already damned:
I love you.

Nevers and forevers don´t exist.
I wish I had been wrong on that.
But I believed your nevers and forevers
and here I am
crying over the castle I built on them.

I knew the whole time,
I knew it´d end this way,
but I wanted to believe
for once, for you
I hope you are laughing now
I have to smile even when that´s the last expression
that´d show what´s going on
what you failed to see
what you failed to feel

I´ll hate you
that´s how it´ll end
I know, I won´t doubt again
I´ll hate you so much,
with the same amount of my current love
and then, when you don´t mean a thing for me
I´ll stop
and you´ll be nothing, no one for me
just a shallow mist, a sudden rain, a dream that I forgot.

You´ll never know
you never see
and if you see, you don´t realize
you don´t care
your words must be empty
I must be nothing, no one for you
it hurts now
it´ll make my hate greater later
and then, it´ll mean nothing
it'll be a nightmare from which I woke up

But I love you now,
I care now, even if you don´t.
The castle was so beautiful.
I weep knowing that I´ll hate you
I lament the time when you won´t have a meaning
...a grain of sand in the beach...
You´re oblivious
Don´t worry, I learn that one too.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those things that make me think.
    Kind of pessimistic but also insightful and lonely too.
    It's like the flip side to all the supposed good things love can bring to a person.
    People forget the fear of losing it or the anger.
    I like it. I'm thinking a lot of things from it

    ReplyDelete