Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lights off


She turned on the light
when I wanted it off
I was contemplating they gray sky
as the day died
just like me
when she and her soft pace came
with light in her hands
I saw her
ignoring the dead sky
who´d see that 
when the sun´s paid them a visit?
I wanted darkness still
and the sun went away
leaving the shine
of the light on 
it hurts my eyes
it burns my skin
I keep looking at the gray sky
the lights don´t go off 
I welcome darkness
it´s engulfing it all inside out
her light is as strong as ever
Turn off the light, Sun.
Let me go
as the day dies away

2 comments:

  1. I like the lines, "who'd see that when the sun's paid them a visit."
    It's like when something that is universally perceived as good happens but it just brings misery for the minority.
    I also like how this can be in relation to an acually person but it can also be a description of an environment or even someone's mind. It just fits into so many different things while not being molded down as one genre.
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m thankful that you can see beyond the words, and I like that you sense it´s not necesarily a concrete being or thing but an abstract idea. I like that you think it can be more than one thing.

      thank you for this comment.

      Delete