Sunday, December 16, 2012

Double Life: About You, Beautiful

Can you gueess which part of the story fits w/this pix? -ofc I don´t own this one



A/N: it couldn´t b DL without this. Ok, I´ll blame any mistakes to Word, I used that to help me find mistakes and all that jazz but I think I might have clicked to the "change" button more than what I should have haha  once again, the muses have me running, already showing me what´s so far ahead of this so I just had to update tonight...
be warned... I'm in need of a proof reader or some will to do it myself lol
****


It had been raining intermittently since the afternoon throughout the night. Nichole in a state of being awake and asleep heard the raindrops, soothing drops, crashing against the roof of the building, and her window and the ground. She felt someone touching her, she was startled and with that she quickly took the dagger from under her pillow and pulled the shadow that had attempted to go near her as she did so, she felt the distinct quick heartbeat and the short breath that had once made her shiver but that now she knew all too well, she felt a body twitching in her grip in fear, she pushed it and someone fell on the ground, ah hard thud on the white floor, she barely distinguish the person’s back.
Nichole quickly turned on her bed lamp, wondering why she wasn´t able to see. Darkness had never been a problem for her, she´d never needed artificial lights. The lamp casted a yellow glow to the back of a body she´d seen before.
“Aaron…?she raked her brain wondering when or why he was up there in her room and above all why her hands were nude, she quickly wore her gloves but she knew her touch had been fatal, she turned the body over and found green eyes staring blankly at her “Josh…” she whispered feeling involuntary tears streaming down her cheeks. The girl held the body close to her and did as she´d done with Kate, took her phone and dialed for that dreaded number but this time no one answered, instead she hear a knocking on her door
“Open up” Val said “I heard something there” Nichole could hear her fumbling with keys. This woman had the keys to all rooms. She couldn´t let her see Josh’s dead body. She felt a hard wind, the windows was open, her face contorted in pain as she wrapped the body in her comforter “I´m sorry, she whispered kissing his forehead and carried him to the window. The door was opened the body fit the ground as a thunder hit a tree near the river.
Nichole´s body jolt up, sat up and quickly looked at her nude hands, she looked to the side of her bed, there was no body, she tog up, her window was closed, the room dark, she presser her forehead to the cold foggy window pane, she took her hands to the back of her had. Another thunder was heard in the distance, she was grateful that the thunder woke her up
“Why do my nightmares keep killing you, Josh” she whispered sitting on the desk chair “Why don´t I dream of you Thomas Muller? “Do you know Mary-Ann Ibsen?2 a slim figure asked the old man in that looked confused as the girls got inside his study locking the door behind her
“Who are you?” the man sitting far from the desk asked. She walked towards the desk and sat on the chair behind it
“I´m Miriam´s Duchenne daughter” she grinned, the man´s eyes widened and he coughed twice as if the air in the room wasn´t enough for him to keep breathing
“Impossible” he said more to himself reaching under the coffee table in front of him
“I wouldn’t do that” she opened the desk drawer and as on cue a gun was there, she took it and showed it to him “there’s a guy sleeping up there –her thumb pointed to the ceiling- I doubt he won´t listen to gunshots”
The man eased himself back on the chair
“I´d like to know how these women knew you
“Nichole Duchenne died in a car accident nine years ago” he looked at Nichole she tilted her head “she killed her mother a year before that” now Nichole had a hand under her cheek as if she was listening to a story
“The monster’s alive” she said realizing there were more people that knew of her
“How..?”
“I think Ibsen told you of that”
“Impossible… I saw the girl´s body”
“I´m a ghost then… and I´m here for answers” she purposely giggled as if she´s made a funny joke
“Nicky” he said with realization
“Hi, Tim” she smiled. The man gasped
“You´re so much like Miriam”
“So, I´ve heard… will you tell me who you are… I don´t remember you”
The man got up to the book shelf where he picked a picture frame. Nichole had her gloves on the jackets now. The man picked up a familiar picture
“You were only a baby” he pointed the picture
“Why did mom send you that?”
“As a thank you”
“For?”
“Did your father never tell you?”
“He doesn´t believe in ghosts”
“I didn´t either… I might be hallucinating… scotch and pills might be a bad combo”
“Why would you do that?” she tilted her head again, her hands still under her cheek
“I got diabetes, tomorrow my arm´s going to be cute off”
“Do you want to die?” he stared at her
“Are you my angel of death?” his eyes seemed to glow
“Perhaps”
“Your voice´s a lot like Miriam’s”
“When did you meet her?”
“I met her because of you”
“How´s that?”
“She wanted a baby?”
“You gave her a baby?”
“I made you in my lab” he sounded like a curious child Nichole felt like asking so many questions, her eyes wanted to grow wide but she had to play along that man´s delusions
“Karl and Miriam couldn´t have the money for that to happen” she knew before her, her parents had been part of the working class struggling to pa y their debts with jobs from nine to five
“She really wanted a baby and Karl couldn’t ´say no to her”
“How did they meet you?”
“In a clinic… they were perfect for me…”
“Perfect? –now she sounded like a little e girl- how?” he smiled to her
“For my research”
“What was your research about?”
“Tell me how is heaven”
“If you tell me about the research”
“It was so long ago, Nicky”
“Sixteen years”
“Twenty years”
“Are there others like me?”
She felt compelled to ask
“You are a miracle”
“Did you make any other miracles?”
The man smiled again as if looking at her was a miracle
“Nicky, tell me about heaven”
“What if I don´t come from heaven?”
The old man gasped and seemed to snap out of his drunken delusion
“Annie said you were alive, shed´s aid you´d killed her husband and children… many tragic deaths have happened in my family… have you…?”
“Perhaps” Nichole answered in a soft gentle voice. She never knew who ewer ether victims and their names were only given if she had to know the man tried to reach sown the coffee table
“If you shoot me, I´ll kill the boy sleeping upstairs”
“I’ll kill you before you get to him”
“You can´t kill a ghosts” she giggled again
“I always liked your smile”
“Please tell me about the picture” she pointed to the picture he’d taken from the bookshelf
“It was taken two months after you were born. Miriam was so happy about her miracle child and w were we”
“Who´s we?” her child-like voice was back
“The ones in the research tem”
“Who were in it?”
“Annie said you killed some of them already”
“I don’t know them”
“Was Annie lying?”
“If you tell me who was in the team I might tell you if she was or not”
He seemed to ponder
“Have you killed people?” he asked
“Do you think I could?”
“Like an angel of death, lethal and unnoticed” he grinned as if that was a great accomplishment
“I’m just a girl”
“You´ve never been just a anything”
“How do you know that? “Karl was so angry… id he send you to me?”
“Why was Karl angry?”
“If he knew… Aaron would have been the first but then he´d probably found the way to put him to jail to die there”
“Who’s Aaron?”
“He took the research to the next level but then he also screwed it” the man poured another glass of liquor that
“What was the research about?”
The man drank the brown liquid in one gulp along with a couple of pill
“What did Karl didn’t know about?” she asked the man laughed
“it´s so strange to listen to you talking so much, you didn´t talk at all back then only those big brown eyes of yours and those giggles”
“Won´t you tell me what Karl didn´t know and what the research was about?” she´d navigated through the room and was now sat on the coffee table in front of the man, their knees almost touching
“About you, beautiful” the man touched Nichole´s cheek with a swollen blackened hand
“Who was in the research? Who else has this picture?”
“Take me to heaven”
“Answer me first” she prompted moving away from his hand he drank another glass of the same light brown liquid with more pills
“I rather have you my angel of death than Aaron´s vengeance
“Why would he seek vengeance?”
“If he only felt his minions are in danger, he´d kill the very memory of me and my family”
“I can go after Aaron, just tell me where to find him”
“You´d let me go easy whereas he would kill me with a nail clipper” the man´s words were slurred
“Just tell me his name then”
“Take me to heaven”
“I´ll take you to hell if you don´t answer me” her voice was somber now
“I rather have that” he closed his eyes and went to sleep forever. Nichole was taken aback, her hands hadn´t touched him though he´d touched her cheeks she reached to touch it too, she was sure only her hands were lethal besides she had not felt his heart dying as if always happened to make sure she touched his neck, no pulse, he'd died on his own, perhaps he´d been planning on that hence his delusions or her being an angel or a ghosts. She put on her gloves and searched from some clue of the man's research.

She thought about the man now that she was in her room, the words “about you, Beautiful” that the man had spoken rang in her ears as loud as the thunders booming in the mountains and the forest.
She went back to her bed wondering how many more people knew of her, she´d never known her parents had gone to fertility clinics, she felt like she was the one who knew the least of herself. She wanted to get the her father´s office and demand him to explain it all but she´d done it before but he had her in his hands, he could very well send her to the psychiatry guard, cast aside from all normalcy, she grind her teeth and closed her hands in a fist so tight that her hands started to hurt but she didn´t care, her nails were carving themselves in her palms but she stayed that way on her bed with the rain and thunders falling all over the town and its outskirts.

1 comment:

  1. I think this picture goes well with her dream but it also goes well with her frustration at the end. So sad

    When I read that dream I felt so bad for Josh. She was so mean to him after killing him :( I hope if she were to hurt him for real she wouldn't just get rid of his body or try to get rid of his body. That made me so sad. Sigh

    So that whole Tim part was the mission she went on but wasn't shown earlier?
    I thought he was gonna drop dead when he was standing up. He was deteriorated already from the start of the conversation... shame. Must have been his guilt and his fear that she would be coming

    Nic is a test tube baby of sorts! Whoa. That is a twist I didn't see coming AT ALL! Whoa. I actually like it better that way. It makes the imagination think of more out there scenarios. I like it.
    So Karl is making her kill people on the team that "made" her? Maybe...? Or anyone who knows how she was made.
    The way she was made reminds me of this one guy's story in the manga Naruto. I know you don't read it but they have these tailed beasts and inorder to tame them they place them in the bodies of young children and babies. This one guy had his put in while he was still inside his mom's belly. It's so sad but that kind of reminds me of what's hinted at here.
    Poor Nic. But I'm glad she is getting the puzzle pieces together on her own instead of waiting around or ignoring it all together.

    That ending with the last lightening strike right when she was feeling outraged was so powerful! I felt like I was feeling Nic's anger and her sadness and her loss :(

    ReplyDelete