Sunday, December 9, 2012

Suicide Room


I just watched this movie. I wonder if it´s popular, I guess it must be, the trailer has scenes of kisses between two girls and another between two boys and there are so many videos with that part only. The tittle says a lot, but I thought Dominik, the main character, and Aleks, the guy that he kissed on a bet, were going to be bullied together or something like that but I was wrong, ironically it all was about Dominik.

It was ironic because he was pretty much invisible there, always, even in the bet, he was just put there to be the one kissed by the other guy. He was so alone, with workaholic parents that even when they saw things were going bad for him they refused to see there was a problem there that needed to be addressed, they care about their meetings and reputation...

I think the internet played a huge role in the movie too... I think many people have gone addict to the internet -I know I've spent a lot of time on line- and the down side of the internet is that as it can be in a way comforting -you can say what you want without being judged because no one knows you and you don´t care what they say- it can be very destructive, that happened to this guy, in one video he was "hot" in the next he was the one to laugh at, but it can be good too, it connects people in some way at least -which it did for this kid too- ofc that this "connections" can consume people as well. I never thought it was possible to make friendship or any kind of bond through the internet to someone you have never met or even see and I guess for someone who hasn´t lived it that part of the movie would seem stupid... I think like everything, balance is the key.

I got a headache due to the movie, but by no means that means that the movie is bad but I didn´t enjoy it either, it was too intense, how the girl Dominik met online wanted to kill herself and how he became tangled in her ways, she wanted to die so bad and he tried to convince her to stay but she couldn´t find meaning I guess, even with how they seem to get along. He didn´t want to die, he said that you should give all that you can give to your loved ones but I guess, in the end everything else became too overwhelming, his depression made him forget what he felt, what was real and what was not... a very sad thing is that his parents never saw him, even with all that, they just wanted him to go according to schedules and according to plans.

There were many comments about the movie, many said that this person was a coward or just plain stupid for commiting suicide for a kiss but I feel compasion for this person, that is fictional but I´m sure there are so many out there, feeling lonely and invisible and maybe even depressed. "I want to hug you" said the girl Dominik met online, it only made me think of all the times I´ve "hugged" and been "hugged" on line, at the beginning it was so weird, the it was just an expression and now, sometimes, it´s like it is real, the thought is...

so...

if there are any Dominiks out there that happen to read this, I want to hug you no matter if you think life is a gift or if like is shit. One day at a time as some other fictional Dominic said.

No comments:

Post a Comment